So who thinks insulting a veteran on these forums is poor form?

CrusaderFrank is the latest to join TeamDickless, the proud vet-spitters. RoadRunner, by thanking him for vet-spitting, signs on as a junior member.

A Warmer explains US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Which brings us to another interesting point, "Why do so many Democrats falsely claim to either have served in the military, or their roles and actions if in fact they did serve"?

It is interesting, how I collect so many vet-spitting stalkers, even though I never talk about being a vet. I talk about the science, the kooks can't respond rationally, so they have these meltdowns and start vet-spitting. And even though they later realize it was a mistake, such manchildren can't ever admit to making a mistake, so they remain vet-spitters forever.

I don't know about you, or whether you served or not, but there are at least a few posters on here who claim service who definitely did NOT serve, or they are lying about their accomplishments while serving.

It would help if those who are obviously lying were called out more often.

Has anyone suggested a system to verify service?

Its really pretty easy to verify a persons service but in doing so it causes the person in question to lose their anonymity, a bad idea on an internet message board especially if they are still active duty...and most posers are fairly easy to spot...I wouldn't give up my anonymity to prove my service.

Here's a question. Why do those who fake their service go so far overboard (IE I was a Navy SEAL or I was a Naval Aviator or I was a Green Beret) etc etc. I don't mean just on here, I mean even when you see guys caught on the news or whatever. It was never some dude that was just pretending to be in the infantry or a cook, or a clerk, or anything like that LOL.

It's like they WANT to be caught . "Oh yes, I flew airplanes to antartica I was a Commander when women weren't promoted that high very often" that sort of thing. Jesus....

It's part of their persona, it's like crack, they can't help themselves,,,,Ive seen some pretty intelligent folks busted for posing, you would think WTF why did they do that...can't help themselves...

Something of a rogues gallery..

Stolen Valor This ain t Hell but you can see it from here

CrusaderFrank is the latest to join TeamDickless, the proud vet-spitters. RoadRunner, by thanking him for vet-spitting, signs on as a junior member.

Which brings us to another interesting point, "Why do so many Democrats falsely claim to either have served in the military, or their roles and actions if in fact they did serve"?

It is interesting, how I collect so many vet-spitting stalkers, even though I never talk about being a vet. I talk about the science, the kooks can't respond rationally, so they have these meltdowns and start vet-spitting. And even though they later realize it was a mistake, such manchildren can't ever admit to making a mistake, so they remain vet-spitters forever.

I don't know about you, or whether you served or not, but there are at least a few posters on here who claim service who definitely did NOT serve, or they are lying about their accomplishments while serving.

Its really pretty easy to verify a persons service but in doing so it causes the person in question to lose their anonymity, a bad idea on an internet message board especially if they are still active duty...and most posers are fairly easy to spot...I wouldn't give up my anonymity to prove my service.

Here's a question. Why do those who fake their service go so far overboard (IE I was a Navy SEAL or I was a Naval Aviator or I was a Green Beret) etc etc. I don't mean just on here, I mean even when you see guys caught on the news or whatever. It was never some dude that was just pretending to be in the infantry or a cook, or a clerk, or anything like that LOL.

It's like they WANT to be caught . "Oh yes, I flew airplanes to antartica I was a Commander when women weren't promoted that high very often" that sort of thing. Jesus....

It's part of their persona, it's like crack, they can't help themselves,,,,Ive seen some pretty intelligent folks busted for posing, you would think WTF why did they do that...can't help themselves...

I guess I'm naive in that regard, I wasn't expecting to see folks on here lying about serving. Makes me hesitant to share any more of my own experiences.

I guess I'm naive in that regard, I wasn't expecting to see folks on here lying about serving. Makes me hesitant to share any more of my own experiences.

Why? But even if one doesn't share their experience isn't the point of view important...I carefully read and consider another Vets point of view if I have already ascertained to my satisfaction that they are a Vet...that's just me though.

Why? But even if one doesn't share their experience isn't the point of view important...I carefully read and consider another Vets point of view if I have already ascertained to my satisfaction that they are a Vet...that's just me though.

Honestly, because there is one particular poster here who is OBVIOUSLY lying about her military service and she told me some things that were obviously untrue and when I called her out, other posters attacked ME and questioned MY service, even though it is SHE who proved that she is a fraud.

Just sickening, so why bother relating my experiences any more?

I particularly like the ones who can't remember what their MOS was or the nomenclature of the tank or artillery piece they crewed or details about a post they say they were at and I happened to have been stationed there.I've heard guys say they were a Green Beret (they never call it Special Forces) and claim they trained at Fort Bragg, S.Carolina. It's easy to trip the wannabees up.

I particularly like the ones who can't remember what their MOS was or the nomenclature of the tank or artillery piece they crewed or details about a post they say they were at and I happened to have been stationed there.I've heard guys say they were a Green Beret (they never call it Special Forces) and claim they trained at Fort Bragg, S.Carolina. It's easy to trip the wannabees up.

This one claimed to be a pilot, claimed a certain plane had a certain nickname then when shown the nickname she claimed was for the plane was for something else said "I never said the plane was nicknamed that" all within 20 posts and other people defended her and said "yeah she never said that" even though her own words are RIGHT THERE in the thread for people to read.

Disgusting.

Honestly, because there is one particular poster here who is OBVIOUSLY lying about her military service and she told me some things that were obviously untrue and when I called her out, other posters attacked ME and questioned MY service, even though it is SHE who proved thatdirectly she is a fraud.

Just sickening, so why bother relating my experiences any more?

I don't accuse one directly... there are other ways, especially if they are ignorant on the subject...why you might ask, because there are those on all boards that take advantage of any negativity...they may be pretty sure your right but use the opportunity to paint a negative picture of vets in general...

Aaron Burr was a veteran.

See what I mean....:cool-45:

Bowe Bergdahl is a veteran, and I'd insult that traitor to his face, as would most patriots!

Being right doesn't put Veterans in a good light. There will always be duds in the service.

So the OP's premise of poor taste DEPENDS on the actions, words and deeds of a veteran!.... Same as a civilian!

Unfortunately, some people believe claiming to be a veteran, or even actually being one, means hands off.

Bowe Bergdahl is a veteran, and I'd insult that traitor to his face, as would most patriots!

Being right doesn't put Veterans in a good light. There will always be duds in the service.

So the OP's premise of poor taste DEPENDS on the actions, words and deeds of a veteran!.... Same as a civilian!

Unfortunately, some people believe claiming to be a veteran, or even actually being one, means hands off.

I'll side with a veteran until actions and speech prove to me that he's an :ahole-1:. There are some left wing subversives in here that claim to be veterans... they are not spared slings and arrows!

Depends on the attack and the motive behind it doesn't it...

Being a veteran has always been recognized as an important distinction even in American law as well as tradition...

The OP's suggestion that he was insulted is subjective, an individuals perception...

Jake Starkey is probably the worst.

He likes hiding in a safe place after insulting my service. Hid in the Tavern once like that and tried to act all innocent. This week it was the Clean Debate Zone. I called him a little faggot and he ratted me out to one of the mods.

New Topics

Forum List

Back