So who thinks insulting a veteran on these forums is poor form?

I usually blow it off on the forum...in person is a different manner... Almost time for the free dinner at Golden Corral buffet on Veterans Day

Sarge, bad form?!

I call it reprehensible! To counter the sheer ignorance and nerve of this individual who insulted you - I would like to tell what it an honor I count it to be able to thank you from my heart for your military service - defending the lives and the freedom of the people of the United States of America!

I thank God for men such as yourself that gave your all for this country!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU MIGHTILY FOR IT, SARGE! GOD BLESS YOU!

Asclepias insisted a man that claims to be a vet is not and insults him. Who thinks this is poor form? How would you feel if someone claimed you were not a vet as you claim?
People insult vets here all the time. I'm a vet and have been insulted numerous times. I can handle it. Can you?

I was about to @mention you on this one until I saw your post.

Asclepias insisted a man that claims to be a vet is not and insults him. Who thinks this is poor form? How would you feel if someone claimed you were not a vet as you claim?
People insult vets here all the time. I'm a vet and have been insulted numerous times. I can handle it. Can you?

That is not the point! As you served America and put your life at risk to protect mine I owe you a huge debt of gratitude - as I do Sarge and all other men and women who have served in our military - there is not anything acceptable about disrespecting /dishonoring our military men and women! Asclepias is way out of line here! WAY, WAY out of line!!!!!!!

I don't see the point in "proving" it to random people on the internet, or going into detail about my experiences to satisfy some random human's curiosity.

In fact, I would much rather people question every single thing about me. It helps me get into their head.

I don't give a flyin' f*ck what people think of my "service". In fact, every November when people try to thank me for my "service" I just say "That's nice of you to say and I know you mean well but me chasin' wimmen all over the Pacific didn't do ANYTHING to protect your Freedoms".

:laugh:

And I defend you every time it happens. We should shame people when they insult vets on this board.

That is not the point! As you served America and put your life at risk to protect mine I owe you a huge debt of gratitude - as I do Sarge and all other men and women who have served in our military - there is not anything acceptable about disrespecting /dishonoring our military men and women! Asclepias is way out of line here! WAY, WAY out of line!!!!!!!
I never was in a war zone or any danger, except field cooks..

And I defend you every time it happens. We should shame people when they insult vets on this board.
By the way he did not insult me but another poster.

Personally, I don't like all of this "Thank You for your service" that seems to be the rage today.

When someone says it to me......I just kind of nod my head and don't verbally reply.

I was drafted into the US Army 1970 during the heat of the Vietnam war. And have yet to see anything that it achieved. Or exactly how I was defending my country?

So I find the whole thing to be somewhat embarrassing. ...... :cool:

All I can say is consider the source and give it the attention it deserves.
gunny, you've been here longer than me. You should now him for what he is by now...

We have seen to many folks insult others in the same way.

Of course, we have seen so-called vets attack so-called vets, too.

Just don't.

I never was in a war zone or any danger, except field cooks..

Well, your service was most important, Moonglow! You were a servant - is there any greater work? I thank you for your service in the military, Moonglow! Thank you!

I believe when people are confronted and told what they have done is wrong - in hurting another individual publicly - or defaming them somehow - is a way to wake them up - the LORD has led me to do it before. I would say be led by the Spirit on it but there is most definitely a need to speak out against evil - I agree with that thought. How else will they know? I don't want to destroy them or crush them beyond recovery but sometimes a bold rebuke is necessary to wake someone up!

I don't care what retards think about vets. To any that has served. I THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE..........

To those that insult them for it...........KISS THIS........

Forum List

Back