So who really owns America's debt?

Yeah I got coins... As for China, I don't think they are close to or ever will take over the worlds reserve currency, they have way to much distrust and manipulation going on in their system to take that over. It's going to remain the dollar until a "Bitcoin" type currency takes over as a one world currency... We are a long ways away from that.

I am glad that you have covered your ass...but I believe the collapse is coming this year....we can have a hearty laugh at my expense if it doesn't and I will accept it with good grace...but I don't see us hanging on much longer. Please have at least two weeks worth of food and water tucked away...just makes good sense anyway.
Yes let's please hope you are wrong. What is your theory based on? Can you share details?

USA.INC is buried under a mountain of debt and the fiat "dollar is considered a toxic asset now because the printing press can just keep whipping out more worthless fiat currency to pay for goods from other countries because they had to acquire dollars in order to buy oil from OPEC which was a deal made by Nixon after the dollar went off the gold standard...we have been raped, pillaged and plundered. If you knew the things that I do and had the realization that I do, you would be just as pissed and bitter as I am if not more so.
I'm always interested in learning more about economic projections. Can you post some links or resources so I can look into the details? Are there any economists out there that support your claims?
Who owns the National Debt is an interesting question. And subject to all sorts of CONSPIRACY THEORIES. A concise and honest write up was done recently by Fact Check.Org. Here is what they had to say:
Q: Who are the holders of U.S. debt?

A: The biggest are the Social Security trust funds (16 percent), the Federal Reserve banks (12 percent), China (8 percent), Japan (7 percent) and mutual funds including money-market funds (6 percent).

trans.gif

FULL QUESTION

I keep hearing about the debt ceiling and the U.S. borrowing more. Who are the holders of U.S. debt? Meaning who, exactly does a country of our size borrow money from? Thanks.

FULL ANSWER

Our primary source is Table OFS-2 in the September issue of the Treasury Bulletin, which can be found under the heading “Ownership of Federal Securities.” For additional details, we’ve also drawn on reports of the Federal Reserve System and other U.S. Treasury documents.

As of the end of March 2013 — the most recent period for which the Bulletin provides a breakdown — total federal debt stood at $16.8 trillion. It has since grown to nearly $17.2 trillion, but the share of debt held by various lenders cannot have shifted by much.

The largest portion of the total debt — about 40 percent — was held by federal government accounts plus the Federal Reserve banks. Since 2009, the Federal Reserve banks have been sharply increasing their holdings of Treasury securities to stimulate the economy, and as of March 31, they held just under $2 trillion of the national debt, or about 12 percent. Thefederal government accounts include the two Social Security trust funds, which together hold 16 percent of the total federal debt. Other federal government accounts include the federal civil service retirement and disability fund (5 percent of total debt), the military retirement fund (3 percent), the Medicare hospital insurance fund (1 percent), and several other smaller funds.

Another 34 percent of total federal debt is owed to foreigners, including China (which owned nearly $1.3 trillion of the total debt, or about 8 percent), closely followed by Japan, which owned $1.1 trillion, or 7 percent. Previously, Japan had been the top foreign owner of U.S. debt, but China surpassed Japan in September 2008. Other major foreign lenders are various Caribbean banking centers including the Cayman Islands (2 percent altogether), various oil-exporting nations including Saudi Arabia (2 percent altogether) and Brazil (2 percent).

The remainder of the total federal debt is spread among mostly private, domestic investors, including 6 percent owned through mutual funds, such as money-market funds. Another 3 percent is owned by state and local governments. The remaining 17 percent is spread among banks and other depository institutions (2 percent), owners of U.S. savings bonds (1 percent), private pension funds (3 percent), state and local pension funds (1 percent), and insurance companies (2 percent), with the remaining 9 percent held by various “individuals, Government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts and estates, corporate and non-corporate businesses, and other investors,” according to the Treasury.

— Brooks Jackson

Sources
TABLE OFS-2.—Estimated Ownership of U.S. Treasury Securities.” U.S. Treasury Bulletin. Sep 2013.

The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It.” U.S. Treasury website. Accessed 19 Nov 2013.

Federal Reserve Banks Combined Quarterly Financial Report, March 31, 2013.” Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. 31 May 2013.

“Note 3. Intragovernmental Debt Holdings, Monthly Schedules of Federal Debt.” U.S. Treasury, Bureau of the Public Debt. 31 March 2013.

Major Foreign Holders of Treasury Securities.” U.S. Treasury. Undated document accessed 19 Nov 2013.

No matter how much you break it down, at the end of the day, USA.INC owns and owes all the debt.

I am glad that you have covered your ass...but I believe the collapse is coming this year....we can have a hearty laugh at my expense if it doesn't and I will accept it with good grace...but I don't see us hanging on much longer. Please have at least two weeks worth of food and water tucked away...just makes good sense anyway.
Yes let's please hope you are wrong. What is your theory based on? Can you share details?

USA.INC is buried under a mountain of debt and the fiat "dollar is considered a toxic asset now because the printing press can just keep whipping out more worthless fiat currency to pay for goods from other countries because they had to acquire dollars in order to buy oil from OPEC which was a deal made by Nixon after the dollar went off the gold standard...we have been raped, pillaged and plundered. If you knew the things that I do and had the realization that I do, you would be just as pissed and bitter as I am if not more so.
I'm always interested in learning more about economic projections. Can you post some links or resources so I can look into the details? Are there any economists out there that support your claims?
Who owns the National Debt is an interesting question. And subject to all sorts of CONSPIRACY THEORIES. A concise and honest write up was done recently by Fact Check.Org. Here is what they had to say:

A: The biggest are the Social Security trust funds (16 percent), the Federal Reserve banks (12 percent), China (8 percent), Japan (7 percent) and mutual funds including money-market funds (6 percent).

trans.gif

FULL QUESTION

I keep hearing about the debt ceiling and the U.S. borrowing more. Who are the holders of U.S. debt? Meaning who, exactly does a country of our size borrow money from? Thanks.

FULL ANSWER

Our primary source is Table OFS-2 in the September issue of the Treasury Bulletin, which can be found under the heading “Ownership of Federal Securities.” For additional details, we’ve also drawn on reports of the Federal Reserve System and other U.S. Treasury documents.

As of the end of March 2013 — the most recent period for which the Bulletin provides a breakdown — total federal debt stood at $16.8 trillion. It has since grown to nearly $17.2 trillion, but the share of debt held by various lenders cannot have shifted by much.

The largest portion of the total debt — about 40 percent — was held by federal government accounts plus the Federal Reserve banks. Since 2009, the Federal Reserve banks have been sharply increasing their holdings of Treasury securities to stimulate the economy, and as of March 31, they held just under $2 trillion of the national debt, or about 12 percent. Thefederal government accounts include the two Social Security trust funds, which together hold 16 percent of the total federal debt. Other federal government accounts include the federal civil service retirement and disability fund (5 percent of total debt), the military retirement fund (3 percent), the Medicare hospital insurance fund (1 percent), and several other smaller funds.

Another 34 percent of total federal debt is owed to foreigners, including China (which owned nearly $1.3 trillion of the total debt, or about 8 percent), closely followed by Japan, which owned $1.1 trillion, or 7 percent. Previously, Japan had been the top foreign owner of U.S. debt, but China surpassed Japan in September 2008. Other major foreign lenders are various Caribbean banking centers including the Cayman Islands (2 percent altogether), various oil-exporting nations including Saudi Arabia (2 percent altogether) and Brazil (2 percent).

The remainder of the total federal debt is spread among mostly private, domestic investors, including 6 percent owned through mutual funds, such as money-market funds. Another 3 percent is owned by state and local governments. The remaining 17 percent is spread among banks and other depository institutions (2 percent), owners of U.S. savings bonds (1 percent), private pension funds (3 percent), state and local pension funds (1 percent), and insurance companies (2 percent), with the remaining 9 percent held by various “individuals, Government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts and estates, corporate and non-corporate businesses, and other investors,” according to the Treasury.

— Brooks Jackson

Sources
TABLE OFS-2.—Estimated Ownership of U.S. Treasury Securities.” U.S. Treasury Bulletin. Sep 2013.

The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It.” U.S. Treasury website. Accessed 19 Nov 2013.

Federal Reserve Banks Combined Quarterly Financial Report, March 31, 2013.” Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. 31 May 2013.

“Note 3. Intragovernmental Debt Holdings, Monthly Schedules of Federal Debt.” U.S. Treasury, Bureau of the Public Debt. 31 March 2013.

Major Foreign Holders of Treasury Securities.” U.S. Treasury. Undated document accessed 19 Nov 2013.

No matter how much you break it down, at the end of the day, USA.INC owns and owes all the debt.

No matter how much you break it down, at the end of the day, USA, Inc does not own or owe the national debt. But you are a conspiracy theorist.

trans.gif

FULL QUESTION

FULL ANSWER

— Brooks Jackson

Sources

No matter how much you break it down, at the end of the day, USA, Inc does not own or owe the national debt. But you are a conspiracy theorist.

Nope, I just know more than you and I back up what I say here.

trans.gif

FULL QUESTION

FULL ANSWER

— Brooks Jackson

Sources

That would be your opinion. And you know how much I value your opinion.

You, me boy, are a conspiracy theorist.

trans.gif

FULL QUESTION

FULL ANSWER

— Brooks Jackson

Sources

If it's as much as I value your opinion, it's zilch....but that is fine by me. I am not here to impress anyone with my vast array of knowledge (that has been hard earned) but to enlighten those that have a desire to get out of the matrix and give "atta boy"s to those that are awake. You can try and marginalize me all you want but that won't stop me from wishing you all the best. Just because you don't see things the way I do doesn't make you a jerk. You know more than most...I will give you that. There are some here that are utterly clueless and on both sides of the false paradigm that is the "left versus right".

Rshmenr is a communist but still imagines his values matter.

Never, me boy, have I been a communist. I have, though, said many times that communism had no chance of working.
Now you, me boy, have stated that you are a libertarian. Which, of course, proves that you support a socioeconomic system that had the same chance of success as Communism. In actuality, there have been more communist countries than Libertarian countries. Of course, that is a pretty low bar. As there have been and are ZERO successful libertarian countries. Which simply goes to prove what we already knew: Ed is an idiot.

Never, me boy, have I been a communist. is an idiot.

so why so afraid to tell us what you are? What do you learn from your fear?
A realist. Now, I would ask you what you are, but we know you have said you are a libertarian, which is another way of saying you are a congenital idiot.
Please, me boy, find someone who would say the US was a libertarian economy. Dipshit.

you are a libertarian, which is another way of saying you are a congenital idiot.

if you think our Founders were idiots for wanting very very tiny govt please say why or admit you have no business being here.
The whole "founders" arguement always makes me laugh... The age when men had slaves, the women had no voice, and the trip from coast to coast often took a few lives. Our world has evolved a lot since then, I think we should be capable of molding a system that works with our modern society and technology with out the founders wishes as justification for traditional ideas

you are a libertarian, which is another way of saying you are a congenital idiot.

if you think our Founders were idiots for wanting very very tiny govt please say why or admit you have no business being here.
The whole "founders" arguement always makes me laugh... The age when men had slaves, the women had no voice, and the trip from coast to coast often took a few lives. Our world has evolved a lot since then, I think we should be capable of molding a system that works with our modern society and technology with out the founders wishes as justification for traditional ideas

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am absolutely certain that many things would be different in their minds.

with out the founders wishes as justification for traditional ideas

so they liked freedom and it built the greatest county in human history by far and you like communism which killed 120 million through slow starvation. Why not try to tell us why you are not insane or stupid for not seeing the obvious. People like you make us like Germany in 1930. The truth is 1000 miles above your liberal intellect.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am absolutely certain that many things would be different in their minds.

actually the exact opposite!!! Our genius Founders knew big liberal govt was the source of evil on earth without seeing the great 20th Century liberals : Hitler Stalin and Mao. You have seem them and still cant understand what you saw!.

Who owns America's debt?

WOW! So we owe the vast amount of America's debt! NOT CHINA!

So Donald's "renegotiating" the debt is very, very stupid.

The only thing the American taxpayer owns is a piece of paper saying he guarantees to repay the debt to China, U.S. Banks, Foreign Banks, whoever, just not you.
Not even close. Do some more homework

Theoretically you are right. If they had to pay that money back to the American taxpayer, how would they get it? By raising taxes from the American Taxpayer? Like my neighbor owes me 100 bucks, if I want him to pay me back I have to give him 100 bucks?

Wrong, You have to pay for the massive inflation tax from deficit spending + interest + principal.

Yes, Social Security and Medicare take up a good chunk. So does Military which is the majority of the governments discretionary budget... However, government spending only takes up a minority fraction of the debt, which is something many of the government spending "haters" fail to realize

You were doing so well! Why the fruit salad? You just conflated stocks and flows. Government spending is a flow, as is Social Security spending. The public debt and the Social Security Trust Funds are stocks. Changes in stocks like the public debt are approximately equal to the corresponding flow, in this case the budget deficit. Let's try to keep it clear.

with out the founders wishes as justification for traditional ideas

so they liked freedom and it built the greatest county in human history by far and you like communism which killed 120 million through slow starvation. Why not try to tell us why you are not insane or stupid for not seeing the obvious. People like you make us like Germany in 1930. The truth is 1000 miles above your liberal intellect.
They liked freedom unless you were black or a woman right?

They did build a great foundation with our government but it was meant to evolve, not stay stagnant. And don't put words in my mouth, claiming that I like communism. You sound like an asshole

Forum List

Back