So who originated with the 2 million protesters number?

It was a lot of people in one place, and there were lots of people in other places, and with all their sympathizers sitting home they (on a very good with the wind blowing sunshine and kisses and Baby Jesus is nodding His sweet head nicely) may have made up maybe 10% of the population.

There is 270 million plus that are not going to let them do anything more than get in crowds and chant.

As someone who has a serious condition and am fighting with my ins co I know FIRST HAND what the problems are. If my wife were to lose her job we would ALSO lose our heath coverage which although nice to have has DOUBLED in cost and co-pays have gone up by 50% in TWO SHORT YEARS. If we were to get NEW ins through another job the ins co would claim my condition as "PRE EXISTING" and would not cover me.

Protest Crowd Size Estimate Falsely Attributed to ABC News - ABC News

So how does the size of such a crowd get estimated?

Aerial photographs are taken and then drawn into squares of a known size. The density of people per square is calculated and added up. It is still an "estimate", but probably within 1 or 2%. The DC area has been mapped for years. When the official tally comes out, it will be pretty accurate.

The problem with Republicans is they say, "Looks like lot's to me Jethro". "Must be two million people here", said Ellie Mae.

Go ahead, ask a Republican how many zero's follow the "1" to make a "million"? Their answer, "Lots".

Protest Crowd Size Estimate Falsely Attributed to ABC News - ABC News

So how does the size of such a crowd get estimated?

Aerial photographs are taken and then drawn into squares of a known size. The density of people per square is calculated and added up. It is still an "estimate", but probably within 1 or 2%. The DC area has been mapped for years. When the official tally comes out, it will be pretty accurate.

The problem with Republicans is they say, "Looks like lot's to me Jethro". "Must be two million people here", said Ellie Mae.

Go ahead, ask a Republican how many zero's follow the "1" to make a "million"? Their answer, "Lots".
Cheap talk. When the estimates based on remote sensing are in, I'll look at them. That's rational and avoids any cheap talk. Consider doing the same.

Forum List

Back