So who originated with the 2 million protesters number?

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Originally, it was posted from Michelle Malkin's site from what I saw:

Michelle Malkin » Celebrating the 9/12 rallies; Turnout estimated at 2 million; Update: How many?; FreedomWorks in error

She posted a update on that number:

An ABC News correspondent says it wasn’t national ABC News network that reported 2 million figure. I take them at their word — and am checking to find out more info.

Protest Crowd Size Estimate Falsely Attributed to ABC News - ABC News

Now Washington City Officials say between 60,000 - 75,000. Is that good enough for some of you moonbats? I doubt it.

Marching Down Pennsylvania Avenue - Political Punch

By the way, who does ABC say came up with the number if not them?

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance

What a non-surprise that was. The President of the group that organized the event gaming the numbers! How unshocking! Also, lying about how a news group reported the numbers? Classic! :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
The DC police said so.. so we are going with 2 million deal with it roberto,, you'll have a fucking stroke searching around in interspace.

The DC police said so.. so we are going with 2 million deal with it roberto,, you'll have a fucking stroke searching around in interspace.

The DC Police did not say 2 million. So have fun being a delusional liar.

Michelle Malkin » Celebrating the 9/12 rallies; Turnout estimated at 2 million; Update: How many?; FreedomWorks in error

An ABC News correspondent says it wasn’t national ABC News network that reported 2 million figure. I take them at their word — and am checking to find out more info.

Now Washington City Officials say between 60,000 - 75,000. Is that good enough for some of you moonbats? I doubt it.

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance

What a non-surprise that was. The President of the group that organized the event gaming the numbers! How unshocking! Also, lying about how a news group reported the numbers? Classic! :eusa_eh:
LMFAO! What some will just slurp up without any critical thought.

Here is what ABC reports the on DC FD estimate:

Carrying signs depicting President Obama as Adolf Hitler and the Joker, and chanting slogans such as "'No big government" and "Obamacare makes me sick," approximately 60,000 to 70,000 people flooded Pennsylvania Ave, according to the Washington DC Fire Department.

Tea Party Protesters March on Washington - ABC News

Funny thing is, E street was shoulder to shoulder with persons for blocks. The Mall at the Memorials was packed. The Mall was packed. The Hill was packed. Lafayette Square was packed. Etc.

But, the DC FD reporting that there were 60-70K persons on Pennsylvania must mean that is a total number for the protest in DC?

Apply some critical thought in lieu of slurping up what you want to hear once in a while and you won't look like such fools.

Last edited:
But a House leadership aide warned fellow Democrats that up to 2 million demonstrators could turn out.

"It looks like Saturday's event is going to be a huge gathering, estimates ranging from hundreds of thousands to 2 million people," Doug Thornell, an aide to Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., wrote in a memo obtained by FOXNews.com.

But conservatives believe the memo is ploy to inflate expectations for the turnout anticipating that it will fall short.

"It's an old political tactic to get out in front and make wild projections and when they're not met, claim their opponents don't have the juice," said Pete Sepp, a spokesman for the National Taxpayers Union, one of the organizers of the rally.

Also in this article:

The White House on Friday claimed it was unaware of the planned rally.

"I don't know who the group is," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters with a shrug.

Fucking pompous asshole.

Tea Party Express Takes Washington By Storm - Political News - FOXNews.com

But a House leadership aide warned fellow Democrats that up to 2 million demonstrators could turn out.

"It looks like Saturday's event is going to be a huge gathering, estimates ranging from hundreds of thousands to 2 million people," Doug Thornell, an aide to Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., wrote in a memo obtained by FOXNews.com.

But conservatives believe the memo is ploy to inflate expectations for the turnout anticipating that it will fall short.

"It's an old political tactic to get out in front and make wild projections and when they're not met, claim their opponents don't have the juice," said Pete Sepp, a spokesman for the National Taxpayers Union, one of the organizers of the rally.

Also in this article:

"I don't know who the group is," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters with a shrug.

Fucking pompous asshole.

Not only that, it doesn't foster much confidence that the WH has no idea who is in their own block will be able to be aware of world events. *shudder*

Not only that, it doesn't foster much confidence that the WH has no idea who is in their own block will be able to be aware of world events. *shudder*

Are you that fucking stupid? It's obvious Gibbs was ignoring the fact that there was a protest today. His mindset is that it's not worth even mentioning, so he ignores it.

My god, you are a block of wood through and through. You'll be a fine whipping boy for the Republicans in the future. I hope you know how to correctly bow to your leaders like the good bitch that you are.

Also in this article:

Fucking pompous asshole.

Oh they knew alright. Gibbs is just an asshat.

Are you that fucking stupid? It's obvious Gibbs was ignoring the fact that there was a protest today. His mindset is that it's not worth even mentioning, so he ignores it.

My god, you are a block of wood through and through. You'll be a fine whipping boy for the Republicans in the future. I hope you know how to correctly bow to your leaders like the good bitch that you are.
Oh? So he is on record as a liar. Right there, the man BHO has picked to speak for the White House is a liar.

Actually, I think he is both a liar and fucking stupid for not having enough forethought on this beaut. It's a loser statement either way. Go Gibbs; you've done it again!

Oh? So he is on record as a liar. Right there, the man BHO has picked to speak for the White House is a liar.

Actually, I think he is both a liar and fucking stupid for not having enough forethought on this beaut. It's a loser statement either way. Go Gibbs; you've done it again!

He's not lying, he's simply being the way that the job goes. He wasn't going to buy into that. He was misleading but not lying if you look at how he carefully said his words.

Also, from Fox News:

ttp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/11/tea-party-rally-sparks-dispute-potential-turnout/

FreedomWorks, the lead organizer who has largely bankrolled the rallies leading up to Saturday's march in Washington, D.C. has said it is expecting tens of thousands to attend. Adam Brandon, a spokesman for FreedomWorks, told Politico he expects the crowd to be in the 20,000-30,000 range.

The people running it were only expecting 20 to 30,000. There was no 2 million, now when you feel like joining us in reality, let me know.

so there were 70,000 on penn avenue. that means there were a lot more than that altogether.

so there were 70,000 on penn avenue. that means there were a lot more than that altogether.

No, read more closely:

The 912 Marchers certainly made a splash in Washington. With costumes, signs and a bevy of American flags, they gathered at Freedom Plaza Saturday morning, before descending down Pennsylvania Avenue. Washington, D.C., officials estimate between 60,000 and 75,000 people attended the day-long event, which ended with a rally at the Capitol steps.

No, read more closely:

The 912 Marchers certainly made a splash in Washington. With costumes, signs and a bevy of American flags, they gathered at Freedom Plaza Saturday morning, before descending down Pennsylvania Avenue. Washington, D.C., officials estimate between 60,000 and 75,000 people attended the day-long event, which ended with a rally at the Capitol steps.

the abc report from the DCFD says otherwise.

He's not lying, he's simply being the way that the job goes. He wasn't going to buy into that. He was misleading but not lying if you look at how he carefully said his words.

Also, from Fox News:

ttp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/11/tea-party-rally-sparks-dispute-potential-turnout/

FreedomWorks, the lead organizer who has largely bankrolled the rallies leading up to Saturday's march in Washington, D.C. has said it is expecting tens of thousands to attend. Adam Brandon, a spokesman for FreedomWorks, told Politico he expects the crowd to be in the 20,000-30,000 range.

The people running it were only expecting 20 to 30,000. There was no 2 million, now when you feel like joining us in reality, let me know.
Oh. So he WASN'T lying. Tsk, tsk. Not good for the WH being very effective at world affairs if they don't know what is going on in their own block.

Hell, it's not even very good that the WH intentionally misleads.

It's a loser statement. Gibbs is fucking stupid for someone who is supposed to be skilled in politics.

LMFAO! What some will just slurp up without any critical thought.

Here is what ABC reports the on DC FD estimate:

Carrying signs depicting President Obama as Adolf Hitler and the Joker, and chanting slogans such as "'No big government" and "Obamacare makes me sick," approximately 60,000 to 70,000 people flooded Pennsylvania Ave, according to the Washington DC Fire Department.

Tea Party Protesters March on Washington - ABC News

Funny thing is, E street was shoulder to shoulder with persons for blocks. The Mall at the Memorials was packed. The Mall was packed. The Hill was packed. Lafayette Square was packed. Etc.

But, the DC FD reporting that there were 60-70K persons on Pennsylvania must mean that is a total number for the protest in DC?

Apply some critical thought in lieu of slurping up what you want to hear once in a while and you won't look like such fools.

Here's the link, robert. it says 60-70k on Penn avenue.

question: 2 million in DC or 2 million total, including other meet up sites?

The organizers were only expecting 20,000 to 30,000. There is no way that they would underestimate that much.

Assuming that the DCFD meant 60,000 for Penn Avenue, I'd go with Sinatra's number of 200,000 then. Nowhere near 2 million either way.

Forum List

Back