so who likes us now....

Willy you are full of crap. As for foreign aid we spend about 7% of our budget on it. It isn't the problem.

You're probably just ignorant. We've spent a TRILLION dollars to build an army for Israel and that army, one of the best on the planet just happens to be exactly where we have been fighting for 15+ years and not a single soldier, not an airstrip, not a base. Nothing. Now Israel may be more than willing, maybe not. Maybe we have tied their hands, in any case, for that kind of investment, when we're begging the rest of the world to mobilize for us, we don't get to use ANYHTING we PAID for?

It has been a monumantal waste of money for us. Great for them. Not so much for us. I used to think we would need that military someday. That has come and gone. They didn't show for us and the amazing thing is that Americans fucking jumped up and down when France balked but nearly no one so much as raised a whisper about our fully armed, filly capable allie, sitting next door to the fight with their thumb up their ass protecting their own.

Fuck that.

Yeah right we've spent it over a period of 60 odd years, which figures out to about what I said. And israel doesn't even get half of our total expenditures on foreign aid no small amount of which is often in the form of improving the security and infrastructure at various embassies.

no foreign country should get any taxpayer dollars......not one fucking penny...

you can take that position, though we're obligated by treaty to egypt and israel. but you've never picked only one country to complain about. you take a consistent pov. we can disagree on the efficacy of seed money as part of foreign policy, but your position isn't about hatred near as i've been able to ascertain in the three years i've been posting with you.

sorry i can't afford to honor the treaty......not one cent to anyone anywhere....and if people want our military in their country they can pay for it or everyone comes home.....

as for the middle east......turn them loose on each other.....if they want to fight they will.....
You and I are in complete agreement on this. I think all the money we send to foreign countries that do nothing for us as our own economy sinks further into the debt toilet is irresponsible at best, and borderline treasonous.

Had Ron Paul been elected instead of obowma, this country would be one hell of a lot better off.

Yeah right we've spent it over a period of 60 odd years, which figures out to about what I said. And israel doesn't even get half of our total expenditures on foreign aid no small amount of which is often in the form of improving the security and infrastructure at various embassies.

I agreed to keep my mouth shut.

If you would like to start a topic on this, I'd be happy to join. Otherwise, as the OP ask, Israel will like us as long as we send the check.

I like you better, and I'm from the world [i.e. not America] :). Well, I don't like YOU better, but I like your government a little better, and slight improvement is still improvement. And that's the opinion of most other people I've talked to here and in Canada. Big whoop!

And by the way, foreign aid is probably the best and most important foreign policy tool you have, and it's too bad that the crisis got so bad, because from the looks of the Global Poverty Act it might've grown by leaps and bounds under Obama. Who knows if he'll actually be able to increase much of it now.

everyone said the world hated us because of bush.....as far as i can tell now one likes us .... and the list is getting longer..........

discuss................

No one's liked us since the fall of the Soviet Union and we are no longer needed to assure their defense against Soviet invasion. That we are or were disliked any more or less because of Bush was just another lie perpetrated by the left.

Just because other nations can't find as many reasons to bitch when our President starts trying to suck up to them does not automatically mean they like us more.

everyone said the world hated us because of bush.....as far as i can tell now one likes us .... and the list is getting longer..........

discuss................

No one's liked us since the fall of the Soviet Union and we are no longer needed to assure their defense against Soviet invasion. That we are or were disliked any more or less because of Bush was just another lie perpetrated by the left.

Just because other nations can't find as many reasons to bitch when our President starts trying to suck up to them does not automatically mean they like us more.

Pew Center does an annual poll of people in something like 30-40 nations around the world about perceptions of the United States. The perception of America generally fell under Bush because of the war in Iraq, which was deeply unpopular. There was one exception, and that was in Africa, where America's popularity remained high.

Who is us?

People all over the world love CBO:Rosetta Project.

Maybe you meant that people don't love our government?

Hell! people on this board hate our government.

Some people on this board hate all government.

discuss................

If you mention France in the Forest and no one is there will it ruin a liberals day? :eusa_whistle:

Okay, given that as it was likely interpreted by the Arab street, Obama's speech announced that we were essentially abandoning Israel. So of course Obama got a standing Ovation in Egypt, beyond that how about some actual evidence that governments in Europe who are now shifting right like us any more than they did before.

You didn't see the reception the Obama's got in Paris? That alone proves it IMO..

re.

You mean it's nothing to do with you guys constantly sticking your beak in where it's not wanted? Like Central America, Viet Nam, Iraq etc? You mean that ain't the reason...

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

There were a hell of a lot of people Wanted us in Sout VietNam. the survivors live here now.of them live here now. A hell of a lot of Kuwaitis wanted us in Iraq. And we were already at war.

There were a hell of a lot of people Wanted us in Sout VietNam. the survivors live here now.of them live here now. A hell of a lot of Kuwaitis wanted us in Iraq. And we were already at war.

Of course Diem and his cohorts wanted you there. You were propping up their nice little corrupt regime....Thanks US tax payers!

Forum List

Back