so... who believes the world is going to end in 2012?

Well.. do you?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 83.9%

• Total voters
Because there is some 'degree' of cred towards it, I will, most likely err on the yes side.
Why,1) Mayans were meticulous in their observations and calibrations of the heavens. 2)Terence Mckenna incorporated the I-Ching into a computer program that put end time near the end of the Mayan calendar 3) Earth will be positioned exactly in the center of our galaxy, the Milkyway.
The exact date for 2012 prophecies is 12/21/12. at approx. 11:10 a.m.
Take into account also that for numerologists, the number 23 is mystical. So, the date of end time (12/21/12): is 2+(2+1)=23, (2+1)+2, juxtaposed like many an ouija board spellout = 23, and 2+(2+1)=23.
Alot of confluences line up on that date.
Popular theory suscribes to either a major polar shift of earth or incessant sunstorm bombardments.
Personally, I've been a 3+ decade student of I-Ching, only using it for personal divination, and do find what is left of McKenna's computer research, concerning this matter while taking into account other influences, a pause for deliberation.
So, I voted, yes.

I voted No.

As a Christian, I put my faith in the Bible and believe that the End Times will play out the way it states they will.

As a human, I find all of the other predictions very interesting, and have read about them, but I don't put any faith in them.

I also err on the side of yes, because my father Max, a career Meteorologist, always referred to a book throughout his life until his death, called 'Worlds in Collision', by Immannuel Velikovsky, published in 1950.
Basically, it's a book which theorizes earth epochs from a celestial viewpoint.
2012 and ascribed theories are never mentioned in it, nor was it a talking point while Max was alive, but, I have an inherent feeling, it belongs in this thread.

Actually, My calendar runs out in 2011 so technically, the world will end then

Unless i buy another calendar

political-pictures-sarah-palin-maya.jpg

In 2013 we will all be talking about the next, BS date when the world is suppose to end. There have been hundreds and none have been right yet.

For those that believe it will end, this is for you [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDZWdxzh_I&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 2012 : Official CountDown | End of the World[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Uh-oh, looks like I need a new ascension robe! But at least I know in advance and don't have to pay for express delivery.

What ever happened to Y2K ??

Y2K predictions lacked the precision of a meeting of different disciplines culminating in a clash of titanic forces.
When 12/21/12 comes, New Jersey and you, hopefully, will be the last to know, and the first to go. :lol:

While everything you guys say about our positioning in our solar system on that day is true. What you fail to point out, is there is absolutely nothing in science or Physics that would suggest it will lead to the end of the world. Who ever is claiming we will also be in the center of our galaxy at the same time is totally full of shit. We are currently many light years from the Center of the Milky way, and with less than 2 years of travel time what you claim is a physical impossibility. If we were less than 2 years from the Center of our Galaxy, which we are not by a long shot, we would all most likely already be dead from being to close to the super massive black hole believed to be there.

There is 0 truth to the idea that the Mayan calendar predicted the end of the earth. It does no such thing. It simply ends. Historians who study ancient Mayan Civilization Make so such claims, and in fact say there is nothing to the doomsday prophecies you speak of.

This is nothing more than the next in a long line of predictions that have all not come true.

Last edited:
What ever happened to Y2K ??

Y2K predictions lacked the precision of a meeting of different disciplines culminating in a clash of titanic forces.
When 12/21/12 comes, New Jersey and you, hopefully, will be the last to know, and the first to go. :lol:

While everything you guys say about our positioning in our solar system on that day is true. What you fail to point out, is there is absolutely nothing in science or Physics that would suggest it will lead to the end of the world. Who ever is claiming we will also be in the center of our galaxy at the same time is totally full of shit. We are currently many light years from the Center of the Milky way, and with less than 2 years of travel time what you claim is a physical impossibility. If we were less than 2 years from the Center of our Galaxy, which we are not by a long shot, we would all most likely already be dead from being to close to the super massive black hole believed to be there.

There is 0 truth to the idea that the Mayan calendar predicted the end of the earth. It does no such thing. It simply ends. Historians who study ancient Mayan Civilization Make so such claims, and in fact say there is nothing to the doomsday prophecies you speak of.

This is nothing more than the next in a long line of predictions that have all not come true.

Knew we could count on you for a certain reassurance.

Forum List

Back