So where are the liberal/democrats with Blacks in the Senate???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
$ddp2.jpg

Where is the Black democrat Senator?

Seems the FIRST since 1970 from the SoUTH and is a GOPer!

Scott, in his remarks after Haley, emphasized fiscal conservatism and praised DeMint and the people who made him the person he is today — most importantly his mother.
He will become just the seventh African-American to serve in the Senate and the first black senator from the South since the 1880s.

Nikki Haley appoints Rep. Tim Scott to Senate

I would assume Scott was one of the ONLY 4% of Blacks that didn't vote for Obama!

Oh, in case some of you also don't know it... Nikki Haley.. by the way.. she's a woman AND
Haley was born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa in Bamberg, South Carolina, on January 20, 1972, to a Sikh family. Her parents, Dr. Ajit Singh Randhawa and Raj Kaur Randhawa, are Sikh immigrants from Amritsar District, Punjab, India.
WOW and I thought ONLY liberals were the only "big tent" people!
Seems like people like Haley, Jindahl, part of GOP now.. what happened Dems??

View attachment 23156

Uh -- he moved up to President. Maybe you missed it.

Obama IS NOT a full black! Sorry. Maybe YOU missed the memo his mom was white!
Scott.. he has slave blood and Obama doesn't!
Scott's from the south... Obama Northerner!

So again... where are the Black Democrat Senators!! Never has been any !

Edward Brooke was the first black elected to the Senate by popular vote and represented Massachusetts for two terms, from 1967 to 1979. He championed mass transit, low-income housing and a higher minimum wage.

_Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois became the first and only female black senator, serving one term, 1993 to 1999. She was a prosecutor before winning political office and called for more restrictive gun laws during her tenure. Defeated in her first re-election bid, she later was U.S. ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa.

_Barack Obama of Illinois was elected but his half white!

Again no one from the south!!

View attachment 23156

Edward Brooke was the first black elected to the Senate by popular vote and represented Massachusetts for two terms, from 1967 to 1979. He championed mass transit, low-income housing and a higher minimum wage.

_Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois became the first and only female black senator, serving one term, 1993 to 1999. She was a prosecutor before winning political office and called for more restrictive gun laws during her tenure. Defeated in her first re-election bid, she later was U.S. ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa.

Any particular reason you left out Hiram Rhodes Revels and Blanche Kelso Bruce -- from Mississippi? Or that Carol Mosely Braun, who you did mention, was also a Democrat?

If you're actually running around making lists of whose blood contains how much from Africa short-term rather than long-term, well good luck with that boring quest, especially on finding what the point is. And if you are going to plant your flag on that kind of pedantry, you can't get any further south than Hawai`i. Check your globe.

Last edited:

Any particular reason you left out Hiram Rhodes Revels and Blanche Kelso Bruce -- from Mississippi? Or that Carol Mosely Braun, who you did mention, was also a Democrat?

If you're actually running around making lists of whose blood contains how much from Africa short-term rather than long-term, well good luck with that boring quest, especially on finding what the point is. And if you are going to plant your flag on that kind of pedantry, you can't get any further south than Hawai`i. Check your globe.

I'm not the one that first brought up Obama being half white!
Morgan Freeman: Obama's not our first black president – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Morgan Freeman: Obama's not our first black president

The actor told NPR's "Tell Me More" host Michel Martin in an interview posted Thursday that "the first thing" that he thinks of when he thinks of Obama is "all of the people who are setting up this barrier for him," Morgan said.

"They just conveniently forget that Barack had a mama, and she was white - very white American, Kansas, middle America," the Oscar winner continued. "There was no argument about who he is or what he is. America's first black president hasn't arisen yet. He's not America's first black president - he's America's first mixed-race president."

I would assume Scott was one of the ONLY 4% of Blacks that didn't vote for Obama!

Oh, in case some of you also don't know it... Nikki Haley.. by the way.. she's a woman AND
Haley was born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa in Bamberg, South Carolina, on January 20, 1972, to a Sikh family. Her parents, Dr. Ajit Singh Randhawa and Raj Kaur Randhawa, are Sikh immigrants from Amritsar District, Punjab, India.
WOW and I thought ONLY liberals were the only "big tent" people!
Seems like people like Haley, Jindahl, part of GOP now.. what happened Dems??

LOL, the modern day GOP is finally catching up to the modern day Democrats, congratulations!!!

View attachment 23156

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you are dangerously stupid

I'm not the one that first brought up Obama being half white!

But you are the one who tries here to make an issue of it. What do you do, make lists of racial quotas and genealogies? So tell us how many other past Presidents had African blood (Jefferson, Jackson, Harding, Lincoln, Coolidge and Eisenhower have all been "suspected"). Wake me when you're done with that, and then we'll both set out on a quest to find somebody who gives a shit. I anticipate we're more likely to find one in the South, where this kind of befuddled racial thinking still holds on for dear life in the backwoods.

Seems like people like Haley, Jindahl [sic], part of GOP now.. what happened Dems??

Jindal and Haley are from Sleaziana and South Freaking Carolina (duh). You don't get elected in those areas with a "D" after your name. That's because once another Democrat President (and an authentic Texan) thumbed his nose at the racists, they moved en masse to the Republican Party, where they were invited by Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan along with Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, Richard Shelby and their ilk.

By the way, as Governor, Nikki Haley could have appointed herself. She also could have appointed Jenny Sanford, ex-wife of the disgraced last Governor, who's popular in the state. She chose to do neither, thereby squelching both the female and the Sikh representation in the Senate in one move. WOW and I thought Republicans were "big tent" people!

Sarcasm alert: the last point has nothing to do with any logic; it's just mocking that of the OP.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back