So, where are all the disasters...

Interesting question.

I have a couple of my own...

What are the numbers? How many pilots and co-pilots are actually packing heat?

Interesting read, I wasn't sure what I thought the numbers would be but found myself surprised that they were that high. After reading the article, that surprise has been replaced with a level of frustration with the knowledge that the TSA has made it so difficult for pilots to qualify. Especially when you consider the initial number of pilots who expressed an interest in signing on to the program. Don't you just love government entities?

And people want government run healthcare for everyone. :rolleyes:

... we were promised when airline pilots were given the OK to carry guns on the flight deck?

I mean, it -has- been over 5 years.

Specifically who made such promises? I guess that those specific people were wrong. Has there been a statistically significant difference in problems one way or the others (a reduction or increase)?

And how many planes have been hijacked and flown into population centers lately?

Why...none.

And how many planes have been hijacked and flown into population centers lately?

Why...none.

Are you trying to establish causation, correlation or coincidence?

It snowed last night. Do you want to know why it snowed? George W. Bush is still president. That is why.

We flew Southwest recently, and the atmosphere is quite relaxed today. I think the preliminary security stuff is making everyone comfortable, let's hope not too comfortable. They had the cockpit doors open long after boarding which surprised me.

Why...none.

Irrelevant. If I was the head of al Qaeda, I wouldn't go to the well once too often. They know that the knuckleheads we are, that we based our security response on a repeat occurrence. We are only fortunate that they are so symbolically driven. Had they chosen actual strategically vital targets we'd have been screwed.

And when the next time comes, and it will, it will be an attack by other means. We're just too easy a target.

And when the next time comes, and it will, it will be an attack by other means. We're just too easy a target.

I agree. We haven't secured our ports to any significant degree. The only reason we haven't been hit like they have overseas is because it is harder to get here than to places in Europe.

Our so called protectors don't know what it is to think outside the box. We could have developed an anti terrorist attack team that was right now brainstorming any and all methods of attack and designing preventions.

Universal or one payer healthcare is not the same as socialized medicine as seen in Canada and Europe. We already have a smaller version in Medicare and Medicaid.

Forum List

Back