So, when Obama says climate change is a fact.....

let me get this straight... you right wing folks deny that man has had no net effect on climate or the environment in general since we learned to walk up right ?
so in the million or so years that hominids and then humans have controlled fire there is no measurable effect ?
what about the industrial revolution?
population growth
mass transit, cars and other gas or oil powered vehicles
atomic testing?
pollution?
it's your contention that none of the above listed activities or things is even partiality responsible?
Giant straw man argument.

That mankind has had an effect on the environment, it does not automatically follow that the effect is what the doomsayers say that it is.
you have evidence to bolster that conjecture?

well you're wrong, my point was denial and most all of the answering posts are proving my point about it...

To "DENY that man has had NO EFFECT on the climate or environment" ... Would be to ACCEPT man HAS had an effect on the climate or environment.

So where exactly was it I was wrong ... You want to suggest man HAS had NO effect on the climate or environment ... Or DENY it?

my first answer stands

Your first answer wasn't an answer and you still haven't provided a coherent question to address the rest of your post.
My guess is that you don't understand what you asked ... And couldn't understand the answer anyone gave you.

We don't even have to talk about how your assertion equates to the degree of effect ... You don't even know if you are coming or going.

let me get this straight... you right wing folks deny that man has had no net effect on climate or the environment in general since we learned to walk up right ?
so in the million or so years that hominids and then humans have controlled fire there is no measurable effect ?
population growth
atomic testing?
pollution?
it's your contention that none of the above listed activities or things is even partiality responsible?

i change the weather every day

sometime i make it warmer

sometime i make it cooler

it is a neat little gadget

called a thermostat

usually located on the wall of your home

i have another neat feature as well

that controls the humidity (water vapor in the air)

we could do a lot of good work for third world countries

by assisting them to develop the same tools to control

their environments

instead of pretending that CO2 causes the earth to warm

The very people that have foisted this clap trap upon the world have been proven again and again to be fudging the very "proof" you CHOOSE to believe.

So you're actually unaware how all of your denialist pals have been caught lying their asses off about scientists, over and over? Wow, we got a live one here.

Damn near the whole planet correctly considers denialism to be a liars' cult. Outside of the kook right fringe, denialism doesn't exist. Denialism has zero to do with science, being it's purely a political cult.

In contrast, global warming science crosses all political boundaries and all scientific disciplines around the world. That's because, you know, it's science, and not politics. The kooks can babble their deranged conspiracy theories all they want, but the world has moved on without them. Which I think is what has the kooks so pissed off, the fact that nobody cares about them.

And by the way, Gore rule invoked. Anyone on either side who brings up Gore forfeits the thread for their side. Those who can talk about science do. Those who can't, they wail about whoever their side has defined as a demon-figure.

population growth
atomic testing?
pollution?

No were saying it's not the disaster and dire situation that Al Gore and other alarmist try and make out to be.
so we should wait till it out of our control or let god take care of it?
That's highly moronic logic much like saying because one day your house might catch fire so you should call the fire department now. You don't live life by what might happen you deal with it as it comes.

doyou have objective evidence of this or are you talking out your ass because you like the smell?

Too funny.

The very people that have foisted this clap trap upon the world have been proven again and again to be fudging the very "proof" you CHOOSE to believe.

From the UN, to East Anglia University ( which you have no knowledge of) because you just swallow everything Gore throws at you.

Al Gore has one of the largest "carbon footprints" in the World but you don't care :)

Take your "consensus" and shove it, that is patently stupid.
your denial is criminally stupid .
I'll ask again, should we wait till it's out of our control or let god handle it.?
btw your "answer" must mean you have no objective evidence.

LOL, um no....it's "real" because you choose to believe it?

Sorry I find that humorous. ...so let me ask you this....is it YOU who decides what is "credible" and "objective" and what isn't ?
;)

No were saying it's not the disaster and dire situation that Al Gore and other alarmist try and make out to be.
so we should wait till it out of our control or let god take care of it?
That's highly moronic logic much like saying because one day your house might catch fire so you should call the fire department now. You don't live life by what might happen you deal with it as it comes.

wonder how many on the left feel that way about the governments over spending

population growth
atomic testing?
pollution?

Where man is concentrated in the cities there is indeed a Urban Heat Island Effect. But other than that...no.
that's a half truth...

No, that's the whole truth. You reference a quote by Aristotle (though you attribute it to Sagan) in your sigline, now, tell us about a measurable effect that man has had on the climate.

That is the ESSENCE of the scientific method isn't it? Show us something measurable.

So you're actually unaware how all of your denialist pals have been caught lying their asses off about scientists, over and over? Wow, we got a live one here.

Damn near the whole planet correctly considers denialism to be a liars' cult. Outside of the kook right fringe, denialism doesn't exist. Denialism has zero to do with science, being it's purely a political cult.

In contrast, global warming science crosses all political boundaries and all scientific disciplines around the world. That's because, you know, it's science, and not politics. The kooks can babble their deranged conspiracy theories all they want, but the world has moved on without them. Which I think is what has the kooks so pissed off, the fact that nobody cares about them.

And by the way, Gore rule invoked. Anyone on either side who brings up Gore forfeits the thread for their side. Those who can talk about science do. Those who can't, they wail about whoever their side has defined as a demon-figure.

Provide links to your assertions there mammy.

What brilliance it takes to point out the climate changes and that's a fact, as if we all didn't already know that CLIMATE CHANGES...yeah, winter, summer, fall and spring

the man's an idiot and you have to wonder who is pulling his strings to make his mouth move

cli·mate
noun
noun: climate; plural noun: climates
1. the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.

sea·son
noun
noun: season; plural noun: seasons

1. each of the four divisions of the year (spring, summer, autumn, and winter) marked by particular weather patterns and daylight hours, resulting from the earth's changing position with regard to the sun.ather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.

the-more-you-know.gif

....and YOU choose NOT to believe all of the proof that has been found that Climate "Scientists" have been caught lying and fudging again and again?

I see.....the "consensus" argument again..sorry kid....that doesn't make something true :)
It makes you look foolish in that you are blind to anything that may make your side look silly.

And by the way, Gore rule invoked. Anyone on either side who brings up Gore forfeits the thread for their side

Golly....Gore is your leader like it or not :)
I apologize but a kook like you does not get to dictate any "rules".
You lose.

Those who can talk about science do. Those who can't, they wail about whoever their side has defined as a demon-figure

(smile) We aren't going to let you dictate how we live because you think the sky is falling...never mind no "warming" has been going on for...well......15 years.

Is that his way of admitting man made global warming isn't?

Why then the change in terminology among these left wing piles of shit?

Make your explanations brief if possible.

Oh and btw. Everyone knows climate change is a fact.

Hey! Water is wet everyone!

Lol at liberals and their bullshit.

Yes, I do realize that you are truly that stupid.

Global warming is the general effects of a warming globe. Climate change is the result of those effects, changing patterns and amounts of precipitation, changing wind patterns, melting of glaciers and continental ice caps.

Yes, the climate has changed many times in the past due to factors like the Milankovic Cycles, sudden rapid influxs of fresh water in the Arctic, rapid changes of GHGs in the atmosphere. When the climate changes there are reasons for the change. Today, the only reason that has evidence for the ongoing change we are observing is the very rapid increase in GHGs created by the burning of fossil fuels.

population growth
atomic testing?
pollution?

You idiot, one bolt of lightning has the energy to keep new york city lit up for a while. So your saying man is more powerful?

population growth
atomic testing?
pollution?

You idiot, one bolt of lightning has the energy to keep new york city lit up for a while. So your saying man is more powerful?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Why did you avoid the question?

Has a liberal even attempted to answer the question I asked? No, they did not.

If man made global warming is indeed such a fact, then why the obvious concerted effort to change the terminology from man made global warming, to CLIMATE CHANGE.

None of you have explained why the change was made.

Let me take a stab at why there is the concerted effort.

C3: Global Cooling: Data/Evidence/Trends

The HadCRUT4 global temperature dataset for 2013 was just published. On review of the released annual temperature averages that the UK experts calculated, the calendar year 2013 global temp was cooler than the 1998 mark.

So, during that 15 years of massive human CO2 emissions, the fearsome "runaway" warming was not so much. In fact, after the spewing of some 450 gigatons of fossil fuel emissions the temperature needle hasn't budged, it's actually lower in 2013.

The UK's findings match what other climate experts have found and are now debating the cause. This 'Pause' (aka 'The Hiatus') in global warming has even been noted in Congressional testimony as a matter of official record.

As a reminder, the 'Pause' described:
"The biggest mystery in climate science today may have begun, unbeknownst to anybody at the time, with a subtle weakening of the tropical trade winds blowing across the Pacific Ocean in late 1997...Average global temperatures hit a record high in 1998 — and then the warming stalled....But the pause has persisted, sparking a minor crisis of confidence in the field. Although there have been jumps and dips, average atmospheric temperatures have risen little since 1998, in seeming defiance of projections of climate models and the ever-increasing emissions of greenhouse gases."

It was noted previously that the continental U.S. has been cooling over the last 16 years, at a rate of minus 3.8°F per century rate. This was not predicted by any U.S. climate scientist, nor by NOAA, nor by NASA and certainly not by the political technocrats at the UN's IPCC.

As the NOAA/NCDC climate record reveals, the breadbasket areas of American have been cooling for a longer period - 17 years. The above images reflect the empirical evidence for the primary U.S. corn growing areas., which is cooling at a minus 4.0°F/century rate.

The other major 3 crop regions all show similar type of cooling rates over the last 17 years ending 2013. (see: soybean temperatures, map; spring wheat temperatures, map; and winter wheat temperatures, map)

If this cooling trend were to continue, it would spell disaster for the world's hungry. Let's hope 'the pause' in global warming does not last much longer since it unfortunately seems to project a cooling regime over the U.S.

Additional regional and global temperature charts.

Note: The temperature charts were produced by this NOAA/NCDC site using these display options/parameters.

6a010536b58035970c01a73d6055e0970d-300wi

There is a lot more evidence of a cooling trend over the last 17+ years. Now that even democrats and these types are using "climate change" instead of "global warming," describe in detail why there would such a change. Why, if MAN MADE global warming is such a fact, and remains such a fact, why the concerted effort to change the terminology?

Reason:

We have been right, and you have been wrong. Now that you know that your messiah commie even calls it climate change instead of man made global warming, shouldn't you change too?

Oh, and which conservative ever denied that there is climate change?

I am still waiting for two things.....

1. Explain to me in detail why there is a concerted effort to change the terminology from MAN MADE global warming, to climate change.

2. Show us where any conservative ever denied there is a such thing as climate change.

Is that his way of admitting man made global warming isn't?

Why then the change in terminology among these left wing piles of shit?

Make your explanations brief if possible.

Oh and btw. Everyone knows climate change is a fact.

Hey! Water is wet everyone!

Lol at liberals and their bullshit.

Yes, I do realize that you are truly that stupid.

Global warming is the general effects of a warming globe. Climate change is the result of those effects, changing patterns and amounts of precipitation, changing wind patterns, melting of glaciers and continental ice caps.

Yes, the climate has changed many times in the past due to factors like the Milankovic Cycles, sudden rapid influxs of fresh water in the Arctic, rapid changes of GHGs in the atmosphere. When the climate changes there are reasons for the change. Today, the only reason that has evidence for the ongoing change we are observing is the very rapid increase in GHGs created by the burning of fossil fuels.

Sooo, the reason for the concerted effort to change terminology is because man made global warming is still happening. That is the reason. Man made global warming is a fact, so they are changing the terminology?

It has nothing to do with the fact that the earth has been in a cooling trend over the last 17 years?

You call me stupid? Stick with the man made global warming term. Talk about being in denial. You lose. We win.

tumblr_mam5rgPbCS1rdns3wo1_400.gif

Has a liberal even attempted to answer the question I asked? No, they did not.

If man made global warming is indeed such a fact, then why the obvious concerted effort to change the terminology from man made global warming, to CLIMATE CHANGE.

None of you have explained why the change was made.

So because the name of something changes means the thing never existed? That some awesome logic there buddy.

Forum List

Back