So what's the point?

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
art.jetpack.ap.jpg

Inventor unveils $100,000 jet pack - CNN.com

Jet Pack International, based in Denver, produces two hydrogen-peroxide models and one $200,000 jet pack that runs on jet fuel. An average-sized pilot could travel about nine minutes and 11 miles on the 5-gallon tank, the company said.

A little over 2 miles to the gallon :confused:

Where in the hell do you get "jet fuel" if you run out 11 miles from the airport? Walk back to get it? :cuckoo:

lol

Well, it's a first step. First get the thing to work, then get it work better.

Remember the first computers, that took up whole rooms and took dozens of minutes to solve straightforward differential equations?

I for one am tickled pink to see a functional jet pack; it may be impractical now, but just give it a couple of generations.

bond had one far more efficient than this, and that was like 30 years ago. why are we lagging so far behind the brits in jetpack technology?!?

So people who have to much money, and to much time on their hands can Burn their ass cheeks off :lol:

Ahhh! Okay ... I got it now! Thanks! I saw some of those guys on television news at the "Gay Pride Parade" in San Francisco ... I always wondered why those chaps were open in the back! :eek:

Afb010_1.jpg

Forum List

Back