So What's The Plan?

Investigate, investigate, investigate.

We will have the same party who took us to war built on LIES who never got investigated investigating Obama non stop until the election of 2012. If they get elected in 2012 they will go right back to the plan of giving our country to the corporations.
Love your idea of a 'plan'. :thup:

:rofl:

They have already said they will investigate non stop if they win enough seats.

They did it to clinton remember?

Its the plan of trump up some hooey you can preach about like its real and string out the investigation to last all the way to the election and then after the election ( if you win) conclude them all quickly and bury the fact that nothing was found. Then its right back to handing EVERYTHING to the corporations.

Well, that is a plan I guess. But how will investigating Obama aid the economy?

After November, after you Take Back Our Country and Reclaim Your Honor...what's the plan for:

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

In a perfect world where Glenn Beck can dictate, what are the solutions you are so eager to see take hold? Or is defeating Obama and the Dems the whole enchilada for you?

Lay it on me...what else ya got?

The Economy: Creating Jobs is job one. Targeted tax cuts makes sense, cutting taxes on the 'money changers' makes absolutely no sense. Sensibly reducing the red tape for small business makes sense, but most regulations which effect the bottom line of small business are local rules, fees and taxes.
First, too big to fail cost us dearly. Banks at one time were chartered to do business in only one state, so local bankers were the norm. Today mega-banks are the problem. Make them choose which state they want to operate in and have them divest all interest in the other forty-nine. YOU can do your part, use only credit unions and local banks.
Next, our dependence on foreign oil is killing our economy, our environment and providing a source of income to terrorists. We need to look anew at the new genertion of Nuclear Reactors, fund solar, wind and geothermal sources of electricity production and invest in light rail to move commuters from home to job and back.
Targeted tax credits to consumers who purchase electric and hybrid vehicles. Supply will increase as demand increases and the price do to competition will reduce.

The ME: Why are we spending Billions of our tax dollars in the middle east. Nation building in Iraq maybe successful, but likely not in the lifetime of those alive today on the planet. Islam may very well destroy itself, IF they don't have a reason to hate the west. By reducing our need for their oil, and dumping aid to their poor, isn't it likely they will turn on each other?
Iran is a problem, but they are in Russia's neighborhood, not ours. Let us work closely with Russia, and China too to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear state. In is not in Russia or China's interest, for they too have their problems with RW Muslims.
So the answer to the ME problems are diplomatic and economic; the military soluton is nothing more than a wet dream for neo-conservatives.

Public Education: Back to basics. Reading, Writing, Commputing and Critical Thinking. We should not subsidize private schools, nor should we allow anti-social behavior to curtail learning.
Not every child should be tracked for a university degree; as our society become more specialized we must begin to track kids into programs which fit their interests, talents and the needs of society and the business community.
Once competent in basic skills, testing, interest inventories and skills assessments ought to provide an opportunity for kids and parents by grade nine to suggest an appropriate track. Of course any child can change, and notwithstanding the choice made at 14, the skills learned in Secondary School sould be sound and sufficient to allow for success at the University level, given the requisite native ability.
At the primary level behavior problems need to be addressed. Parents need to be offered a basic "parenting skills" class and given a clear message that specific behavior will be referred to social services or the juvenile court (all parents, verbally and in a written document).

Health Care: I believe health centers should exist in each and every Congressional District in America. Some are large, and mobile units may be necessary. Health centers should provide free (tax payer funded) preventative health care (shots, physicals), health care education including aids to stop smoking and help in eliminating other 'bad' habits (Alcohol, drugs, obesity) and advice on nutrition and exercise. Conraception and pregnancy avoidance should be available for free, as well as information on disease, sexual and otherwise.

Okay, now the echo chamber can respond with idiotgrams and 'conservative' platitudes.

Last edited:
After November, after you Take Back Our Country and Reclaim Your Honor...what's the plan for:

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

In a perfect world where Glenn Beck can dictate, what are the solutions you are so eager to see take hold? Or is defeating Obama and the Dems the whole enchilada for you?

I don't know about anyone else but I think that just the news of the GOP winning the House will have an overall positive effect on the economy. I'm hoping the GOP has learned something over the last ten years and they return to DC with the number one priority to slash spending and let everything else be secondary. We can't be running trillion dollar budget deficits year after year and expect to last long enough to give the other issues enough attention to really fix them.

Well, there might be a feel-good rise in the Dow after the election in November (but I dun think that qualifies as a plan). I agree, the GOP needs to slash spending -- but that's a slogan. Where is the PLAN? Which programs are going to be cut? Will they slash corporate welfare? Will there be less pork? Do they plan to shrink the federal government and if so, HOW?

See, I think the GOP is likely to regain control of Congress after November and will take the presidency in 2012. So beyond the chest-thumping, I'd like to know:

What's da plan, guys?

K. A plan. Step 1: Stop bleeding money. Just stop it.

The rest of a plan pales in comparison to Step 1.

I agree. Every reasonable person with an eighth grade education agrees, Si modo. The difficulty in in choosing HOW to stop the bleeding.

Whose ox is gonna get gored? I pick corporations and corporate welfare...what about you? What about whichever candidate you support?

Is there more on offer from the GOP besides "we're not with Obama"?

Crap like this is not what we need. I pray that the adults in your party do the right thing and put spittlers like you in a corner with a coloring book where you rightfully belong.

Now that's a post I can agree with.

If you could just reconsider you're stance on wanting to redistribute my family's wealth, we could get on fine. :eusa_angel:

We are a long ways away from that happening. Too many problems.

I love the "redistributing wealth" bellyaching from (presumably) wealthy Americans who are looking to shift $700 Billion in their tax burden onto the poor and middle class. Lemme just say, any pol who "supports the Bush tax cuts" and still says he or she is serious about "cutting government spending" is almost certainly a big fat liar.

We face some hard choices ahead in this country. Be nice if our pols were a little more prepared for it than merely attending a few Palin rallies and watching Beck on tv.

K. A plan. Step 1: Stop bleeding money. Just stop it.

The rest of a plan pales in comparison to Step 1.

I agree. Every reasonable person with an eighth grade education agrees, Si modo. The difficulty in in choosing HOW to stop the bleeding.

Whose ox is gonna get gored? I pick corporations and corporate welfare...what about you? What about whichever candidate you support?

Is there more on offer from the GOP besides "we're not with Obama"?
8th grade, huh? I guess that doesn't bode well for those already in office. This administration decided that additional bleeding should help stop the existing bleeding. Leeches have made a comeback in the medical field, though. Go figure.

Now that's a post I can agree with.

If you could just reconsider you're stance on wanting to redistribute my family's wealth, we could get on fine. :eusa_angel:

We are a long ways away from that happening. Too many problems.

That's always kind of my issue with liberals (not the left, but the liberals), you tend to view other people's money like kids in a candy store. When I was a kid and I wanted something, my parents told me 'earn it'. Good lesson. You earn it and leave mine alone. I share - willingly - I don't need no one telling me I have to.

The issue is partially, what constitutes "your money"? You (could) live here. You (could) be wealthy. You suck up governmental resources by the truckload...many things most of us never use. Yet you don't seem to make the ginormous mental leap that when the bill for these services comes due, you must pay up just like everyone else.

There you go showing your true liberal colors again. What do you have against free speech?

It's a figure of speech, dude. She can bark all day if she wants to but it doesn't mean that it should be taken seriously. If you are truly interested in helping pull this nation back out of the rut we are in you would agree.

Letting people speak their mind has nothing to do with the state of this nation. Now is the time for people to speak up. The silent majority will not be silent any longer and come November the Democrats will hear them loud and clear.

Fine. Great. No one appreciates a rabble rousing crowd more'n me, Lonestar...but apart from "throwing the bums out", is there a P-L-A-N?

It's not really a matter of honor as much as it is one of sanity. I don't much care for either party because spending is out of control, so hopefully this will bring some gridlock to DC.

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

For the economy, hopefully some kind of legislation that will actually encourage private sector growth as opposed to government sector growth.

In the ME- really sort a non-issue. The president is the CIC. Republicans generally seem to support foreign intervention (unlike myself), so I don't see a Republican congress as much of a threat to the president's agenda, whatever that is.

Public education- I don't expect to see much change there either. It will continue to decline, not due to government policy, but because of public apathy and a poor grasp of what the inherent problems are at the social/family level.

Health care- it would be nice if the health care reform could be completely gutted, and start from scratch. It definitely needed reform, but the reforms passed will make it worse in the long run. It was very poorly thought out.

In our current economic condition, gridlock is a good thing, because everything this president and congress does is adding to our debt and contributing to our eventual demise. GW wasn't much better, but he didn't hold a candle to what's happening now.

It's not really a matter of honor as much as it is one of sanity. I don't much care for either party because spending is out of control, so hopefully this will bring some gridlock to DC.

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

For the economy, hopefully some kind of legislation that will actually encourage private sector growth as opposed to government sector growth.

In the ME- really sort a non-issue. The president is the CIC. Republicans generally seem to support foreign intervention (unlike myself), so I don't see a Republican congress as much of a threat to the president's agenda, whatever that is.

Public education- I don't expect to see much change there either. It will continue to decline, not due to government policy, but because of public apathy and a poor grasp of what the inherent problems are at the social/family level.

Health care- it would be nice if the health care reform could be completely gutted, and start from scratch. It definitely needed reform, but the reforms passed will make it worse in the long run. It was very poorly thought out.

In our current economic condition, gridlock is a good thing, because everything this president and congress does is adding to our debt and contributing to our eventual demise. GW wasn't much better, but he didn't hold a candle to what's happening now.
Agreed. Gridlock is definitely something to be desired.

I would hope the "plan" would be along the lines of:

1. Defund Obamacare
2. Re-do Financial reform
3. Unwind Fannie & Freddie
4. Divest ourselves of GM & Chrysler
5. Develop a sensible energy policy that isn't driven by the eco-Nazi's
6. Seriously slash the budget
7. Keep taxes where they are, maybe even further reducing corporate rates and Cap Gains
8. Resist the upcoming bank bailouts
9. Resist attempts to get bogged down in "blowjobgate" II
10. Stop extending unemployment benefits.

Well, this is at least a start, Soggy. Ten things you hope to say "no" to...but you don't have any confidence the GOP shares your POV? And may I ask, whilst you are busy repealing Obamacare, etc., what are your proposals for coping with the issues facing us? Or do you think they'll all just magically disappear?

Here's a big one IMO: we are on track to deficit spend about 25% of our GDP and THAT is unsustainable. Some government programs and spending must be cut. Which ones get the axe?

Federal Deficit As Pct GDP in United States 1950-2010 - Federal State Local

Let's wait and see if A) enough Republicans win and B) we have enough votes to actually effect things.

I know one thing, if the Republicans win a majority and they approve another budget that is half borrowed money we are truly fucked.

I seriously doubt the numbers will be high enough to make huge changes but they can STOP the huge deficits by refusing to go along with budgets that 50 cents on every dollar is borrowed.

Things like defund the health care plan and refuse to approve more crap on a plan most Americans despise and 14 States are SUING the Government over. Stop the payments on whats left of the idiotic Obama fund for his friends. Stop making more and more reasons for Business to flee this Country.

Yea, but where is the "plan"? Those are talking points. And not even true.

If there is a dumber lot of people than liberals, I haven't met them.

Ok listen up dickweed!

House Republicans have offered an economic recovery plan that will create twice the jobs at half the cost for hard working Americans. The House GOP plan does not include wasteful pet projects and it ensures that the funding immediately goes into effect. No waste, just jobs.

Immediate Tax Relief for Working Families:

Rather than a refundable credit based on payroll taxes, House Republicans propose reducing the lowest individual tax rates from 15% to 10% and from 10% to 5%. As a result every taxpaying-family in America will see an immediate increase in their income with an average benefit of $500 in tax relief from the drop in the 10% bracket and $1,200 for the drop in the 15% bracket. A married couple filing jointly could save up to $3,200 a year in taxes.

Help for America’s Small Businesses:

Small businesses (those employing less than 500 individuals) employ about half of all Americans, yet they can be subject to tax rates that siphon away one-third or more of their income. House Republicans propose to allow small business to take a tax deduction equal to 20% of their income. This will immediately free up funds for small businesses to retain and hire new employees.

No Tax Increases to Pay for Spending:

The stimulus proposal pending in Congress includes record levels of government spending that will substantially increase the current deficit. House Republicans are concerned that this level of spending will result in some proposing near-term tax increases on American families. House Republicans are insisting that any stimulus package include a provision precluding any tax increases now or in the future to pay for this new spending. House Republicans believe that any stimulus spending should be paid for by reducing other government spending, not raising taxes.

Assistance for the Unemployed:

Incredibly, the Federal Government actually imposes income taxes on an individual receiving unemployment benefits. House Republicans propose to make unemployment benefits tax free so that those individuals between jobs can focus on providing for their families. The plan would also extend unemployment benefits from March to December, 2009.

Stabilizing Home Values:

The real-estate market is paralyzed as potential buyers wait on the sidelines waiting for prices to fall even further. This is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. In order to encourage responsible buyers to enter the market and stabilize prices, House Republicans propose a home-buyers credit of $7,500 for those buyers who can make a minimum down-payment of 5%.

Lonestar, how the fuck can we reduce government spending while handing out tax subsidies to everyone and his brother?

Agreed. Gridlock is definitely something to be desired.

Actually I agree. Gridlock might be best right now...we have had a few too many megabills pass without enough scrutiny IMO, and I have no doubt investors are nervous.

But what happens in 2012, guys? When the GOP retakes the presidency, then what?

And may I ask, whilst you are busy repealing Obamacare, etc., what are your proposals for coping with the issues facing us? Or do you think they'll all just magically disappear?

The issues facing us with health care were primarily caused by congressional passage of HMO legislation in the mid-70's. At that time, it was mandated that health care coverage become comprehensive, covering medications, physician office visits, and broad coverage regardless of individual health care needs. Due to this, people have come to believe that they should have no personal responsibility in their own health care. This, in turn, has led to astronomical increases in the cost of drugs and health care in general. If people had to be cognizant of their own health care costs, the cost would have remained reasonable, because there would not be the overutilization that we see today.

Here's a big one IMO: we are on track to deficit spend about 25% of our GDP and THAT is unsustainable. Some government programs and spending must be cut. Which ones get the axe?

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com...l Deficit As Pct GDP&state=US&color=c&local=s

The ones that are not explicitly allowed under our constitution. It's grow-up time for the general population, and we will either accept the responsibility for our own lives and livelihood, or we will descend into poverty.

Then maybe you should stop pretending that both being bad somehow justifies both being bad.

This isn't about politics. It's about saving our Republic. It doesn't matter whether the R or D has control. All that might change is the rate of decay. We need to change ourselves.

But what's the plan?

Cut taxes. Cut Spending. Get out of the way of people. And watch the miracle.

Under the Republicans, there was a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut. Even programs like No Child Left Behind were never funded. No money was put into the infrastructure. Americans were paying the lowest taxes in 50 years. Wall Street was deregulated.

Then the "Miracle" happened. The economy collapsed.

Can we take another "Miracle"?

1. Defund Obamacare
7. Keep taxes where they are, maybe even further reducing corporate rates and Cap Gains

Well, this is at least a start, Soggy. Ten things you hope to say "no" to...but you don't have any confidence the GOP shares your POV? And may I ask, whilst you are busy repealing Obamacare, etc., what are your proposals for coping with the issues facing us? Or do you think they'll all just magically disappear?

How is that a "start"? And what is it about the Health Care Bill that's so bad?

Besides, those are talking points, NOT policy. Might as well be saying:

Do things
Do stuff
make better
stop bad.
Move things.

See? That's not "policy". Those are just little word bytes.

1. Defund Obamacare

How is that a "start"? And what is it about the Health Care Bill that's so bad?

Besides, those are talking points, NOT policy. Might as well be saying:

Do things
Do stuff
make better
stop bad.
Move things.

See? That's not "policy". Those are just little word bytes.

No different than
more regulations
tax the rich
evil corporations
etc.,etc.,etc.

As far as what is bad about the health care bill....
Subsidizing the insurance companies
forcing others to join and/or pay for other people's healthcare
wanting more government intervention while disregarding the fact that 50% of the sector is already controlled by government and 100% is heavily regulated by government
getting passed without getting read, 2000 pages and people don't;for the most part; know weather to oppose or support; based on nothing more than trusting those on their "team"
actions have reactions and unintended consequences yet the solution seems to be more government action.

Let's see if we have any consensus at all.

What would you say is the first priority of our government in the coming few years? IMO, it's the economy.

BTW, I happen to agree with Lonestar...any efforts to expand jobs should emphasize small businesses. Government jobs should not be a solution, apart from infrastructure-related work...and even then, a heavy preference should be placed on privitization and small businesses.

getting passed without getting read, 2000 pages and people don't;for the most part; know weather to oppose or support; based on nothing more than trusting those on their "team"

This is the case with virtually all bills on complex issues. Congressmen generally specialize in certain policy areas, becoming subject matter experts (well, to an extent) and devoting their energy to the bills that come through their committees which, of course, are chosen because they have jurisdiction over the areas the Congressman is focusing on. When it comes to bills on subjects in which they don't have much expertise, signals from trusted colleagues who are knowledgeable on the subject play a big role in the decision-making process.

It's a nice thought that Congressmen would be well-rounded (and intelligent) enough for each of them to read and fully understand bills on areas as disparate as financial regulation, health care reform, energy policy, etc (i.e. they kind of things that have been big this session). But if those are the kind of people we want filling the halls of Congress (well-rounded policy wonks), we're probably going to have to come up with something other than elections to choose them. Because the skill set needed to win elections is not the skill set we're talking about here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back