So What's The Plan?

Now that's a post I can agree with.

If you could just reconsider you're stance on wanting to redistribute my family's wealth, we could get on fine. :eusa_angel:

We are a long ways away from that happening. Too many problems.

That's always kind of my issue with liberals (not the left, but the liberals), you tend to view other people's money like kids in a candy store. When I was a kid and I wanted something, my parents told me 'earn it'. Good lesson. You earn it and leave mine alone. I share - willingly - I don't need no one telling me I have to.

See, I don't look at it that way at all. Our tax system has been in place long before I got here and over the years our collective dollars have helped build this great nation. Like it or not, it's in place and we need that revenue. Controlling spending is where we lost our way and that isn't a symptom of a liberal or a conservative in our government.

Last edited:
A thread called, "So What's the Plan?"

And not one plan.

Figures.

There you go showing your true liberal colors again. What do you have against free speech?

It's a figure of speech, dude. She can bark all day if she wants to but it doesn't mean that it should be taken seriously. If you are truly interested in helping pull this nation back out of the rut we are in you would agree.

Letting people speak their mind has nothing to do with the state of this nation. Now is the time for people to speak up. The silent majority will not be silent any longer and come November the Democrats will hear them loud and clear.

Yeah, yeah ... RAH-RAH-SHISH-BOOM-BAH

I would hope the "plan" would be along the lines of:

1. Defund Obamacare
2. Re-do Financial reform
3. Unwind Fannie & Freddie
4. Divest ourselves of GM & Chrysler
5. Develop a sensible energy policy that isn't driven by the eco-Nazi's
6. Seriously slash the budget
7. Keep taxes where they are, maybe even further reducing corporate rates and Cap Gains
8. Resist the upcoming bank bailouts
9. Resist attempts to get bogged down in "blowjobgate" II
10. Stop extending unemployment benefits.

Let's wait and see if A) enough Republicans win and B) we have enough votes to actually effect things.

I know one thing, if the Republicans win a majority and they approve another budget that is half borrowed money we are truly fucked.

I seriously doubt the numbers will be high enough to make huge changes but they can STOP the huge deficits by refusing to go along with budgets that 50 cents on every dollar is borrowed.

Things like defund the health care plan and refuse to approve more crap on a plan most Americans despise and 14 States are SUING the Government over. Stop the payments on whats left of the idiotic Obama fund for his friends. Stop making more and more reasons for Business to flee this Country.

Yea, but where is the "plan"? Those are talking points. And not even true.

If there is a dumber lot of people than liberals, I haven't met them.

Ok listen up dickweed!

House Republicans have offered an economic recovery plan that will create twice the jobs at half the cost for hard working Americans. The House GOP plan does not include wasteful pet projects and it ensures that the funding immediately goes into effect. No waste, just jobs.

Immediate Tax Relief for Working Families:

Rather than a refundable credit based on payroll taxes, House Republicans propose reducing the lowest individual tax rates from 15% to 10% and from 10% to 5%. As a result every taxpaying-family in America will see an immediate increase in their income with an average benefit of $500 in tax relief from the drop in the 10% bracket and $1,200 for the drop in the 15% bracket. A married couple filing jointly could save up to $3,200 a year in taxes.

Help for America’s Small Businesses:

Small businesses (those employing less than 500 individuals) employ about half of all Americans, yet they can be subject to tax rates that siphon away one-third or more of their income. House Republicans propose to allow small business to take a tax deduction equal to 20% of their income. This will immediately free up funds for small businesses to retain and hire new employees.

No Tax Increases to Pay for Spending:

The stimulus proposal pending in Congress includes record levels of government spending that will substantially increase the current deficit. House Republicans are concerned that this level of spending will result in some proposing near-term tax increases on American families. House Republicans are insisting that any stimulus package include a provision precluding any tax increases now or in the future to pay for this new spending. House Republicans believe that any stimulus spending should be paid for by reducing other government spending, not raising taxes.

Assistance for the Unemployed:

Incredibly, the Federal Government actually imposes income taxes on an individual receiving unemployment benefits. House Republicans propose to make unemployment benefits tax free so that those individuals between jobs can focus on providing for their families. The plan would also extend unemployment benefits from March to December, 2009.

Stabilizing Home Values:

The real-estate market is paralyzed as potential buyers wait on the sidelines waiting for prices to fall even further. This is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. In order to encourage responsible buyers to enter the market and stabilize prices, House Republicans propose a home-buyers credit of $7,500 for those buyers who can make a minimum down-payment of 5%.

Willow is a perfect example of the voting block the right courted to win over the last couple of decades that have now backfired on them.

They cant please them and win new voters.

They cant win with willow and they cant win without willow.

They fucked themselves.

They moved WAY right to win instead of taking the lumps at the time and building back their party by coming up with smart ideas that the American voter could get behind. They instead pandered to people with no political interests who had these knuckle dragging ideas about the people arround them and then backed their idiot social issues. They awoke the idiot America faction and now they cant shake them.

Some people (like willow) dont want to learn anything about anything , they just want to control the lives of others.

You really aren't the best person to be complaining about people not wanting to learn anything about anything.

Out of curiousity, what was the last book you read?

As for controling the lives of others, that's ridiculous. How do you control the lives of others by getting government out of our lives? How do you control the lives of others by encouraging to act as individuals?

I'd seriously like to know.

After November, after you Take Back Our Country and Reclaim Your Honor...what's the plan for:

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

In a perfect world where Glenn Beck can dictate, what are the solutions you are so eager to see take hold? Or is defeating Obama and the Dems the whole enchilada for you?

Lay it on me...what else ya got?

What Mad is pointing our here, and what you people who imagine yourselves to be conservatives are nailing home with your ignorant responses, is proof is the following.

YOu people don't even know what the party you claim to support even stands for.

What most of you are isn't conservative.

What most of you apparently are are, based on what you write here, are anti-liberals. (of course given that few of you know that liberals want, that basically makes you entirely clueless contrarians, doesn't it)

You guys don't stand for anything.

If you did, you'd be able to tell us what the TEA PARTY movement was going to accomplish when it took reins of power.

Come on, now, folks. YOu're embarrassing the GOP.

There's GOT TO BE at least some authentic thinking conservatives here who can tell MADALINE what the tea party's positions are on the issues she brought to our attention.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Yeah, because this DIDN'T happen under Bush....please.

Then maybe you should stop pretending that both being bad somehow justifies both being bad.

This isn't about politics. It's about saving our Republic. It doesn't matter whether the R or D has control. All that might change is the rate of decay. We need to change ourselves.

But what's the plan?

Cut taxes. Cut Spending. Get out of the way of people. And watch the miracle.

After November, after you Take Back Our Country and Reclaim Your Honor...what's the plan for:

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

In a perfect world where Glenn Beck can dictate, what are the solutions you are so eager to see take hold? Or is defeating Obama and the Dems the whole enchilada for you?

Restoring honor won't happen after one event. It will happen as individuals live by faith, restoring honesty in their lives, and have charity one to another.

If we do the necessary changes in our own lives, the issues will take care of themselves.

The elections wont matter one bit if we don't change ourselves.

Honesty? That it? That's the answer? Why didn't I think of that?

Because then youd have to change your entire life.

Then maybe you should stop pretending that both being bad somehow justifies both being bad.

This isn't about politics. It's about saving our Republic. It doesn't matter whether the R or D has control. All that might change is the rate of decay. We need to change ourselves.

But what's the plan?

Cut taxes. Cut Spending. Get out of the way of people. And watch the miracle.

But how? What? When? How much? What are the specifics? It sounds good when you say what you just said, but the devil is always in the details. And that's what's lacking. Without concrete proposals it really is just talking points. Which brings us back to the very real question: What's the plan?

I would hope the "plan" would be along the lines of:

1. Defund Obamacare
2. Re-do Financial reform
3. Unwind Fannie & Freddie
4. Divest ourselves of GM & Chrysler
5. Develop a sensible energy policy that isn't driven by the eco-Nazi's
6. Seriously slash the budget
7. Keep taxes where they are, maybe even further reducing corporate rates and Cap Gains
8. Resist the upcoming bank bailouts
9. Resist attempts to get bogged down in "blowjobgate" II
10. Stop extending unemployment benefits.

Most of those measures unfortunately will require a presidential signature. And Obama won't sign them (The President of NO. I wonder how that will play out).

The major benefit to GOP majority is that it will block any further regulation and taxation. That will at least create stability so that businesses can plan and expand. If Obama were Clinton, he would learn to work with the GOP majority, passing core GOP legislation like NAFTA and welfare reform.
But Obama is not Clinton. He is an idealogue who has torched his bridge to the Republicans over and over again in his insane arrogance. He will not be able to work with them and we will have confrontation after confrontation.

Investigate, investigate, investigate.

We will have the same party who took us to war built on LIES who never got investigated investigating Obama non stop until the election of 2012. If they get elected in 2012 they will go right back to the plan of giving our country to the corporations.

Agree

Legislation has nothing to do with the plan

The GOP has no candidate to match up with Obama so they have to launch investigation after investigation to give the impression that something is wrong with the Obama administration. None of it will stick....but they can tie him up for two years

just like they did with Clinton

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

What Mad is pointing our here, and what you people who imagine yourselves to be conservatives are nailing home with your ignorant responses, is proof is the following.

YOu people don't even know what the party you claim to support even stands for.

What most of you are isn't conservative.

What most of you apparently are are, based on what you write here, are anti-liberals. (of course given that few of you know that liberals want, that basically makes you entirely clueless contrarians, doesn't it)

You guys don't stand for anything.

If you did, you'd be able to tell us what the TEA PARTY movement was going to accomplish when it took reins of power.

Come on, now, folks. YOu're embarrassing the GOP.

There's GOT TO BE at least some authentic thinking conservatives here who can tell MADALINE what the tea party's positions are on the issues she brought to our attention.

Small but significant fact..... Glen Beck is not a Republican. So, how the hell do you get a conclusion about the GOP from a Glen Beck rally - which, btw, was not about politics?

* the economy

* the Middle East

* public education

* health care

cut taxes on corporations and the wealthy.
Deregulate and then deregulate more.
Put prayer back in schools.
Personal responsibility ( as if any of them knows what that means :) )
Family values.
Bring liberty back.
Spread democracy around the world.

Let's wait and see if A) enough Republicans win and B) we have enough votes to actually effect things.

I know one thing, if the Republicans win a majority and they approve another budget that is half borrowed money we are truly fucked.

I seriously doubt the numbers will be high enough to make huge changes but they can STOP the huge deficits by refusing to go along with budgets that 50 cents on every dollar is borrowed.

Things like defund the health care plan and refuse to approve more crap on a plan most Americans despise and 14 States are SUING the Government over. Stop the payments on whats left of the idiotic Obama fund for his friends. Stop making more and more reasons for Business to flee this Country.

All this sounds just fantabulous, RetiredGySgt. HOW? Do the conservatives plan to change the tax code, so that corporations which outsource jobs are penalized? Are they going to adopt tariffs on imported goods? Repeal NAFTA?

So they plan to repeal the health care law. Grrreeeaaaatt. Doe the cons have any suggestions for coping with the uninsured, underinsured and the explosion in health care costs? Or is the plan "them that gots gets and them that don't can fuck off and die"?

What EXACTLY is the plan?

Forum List

Back