So, what's the difference?

Act like an asshole?

I haven't acted like an a$$hole. You're just extremely hostile to my religion. Now why is that--really?
Um, because its been fucking up the lives of billions of people for thousands of years.

At least thats what the record shows.

At most that should make you meh about the whole thing. Humanity messes itself up; it needs no excuse. Anything and everything is an excuse.

This sounds personal. If it is, fair enough. If it's NOT, then consider this: there's a very good reason the world hates Jesus Christ more than it hates any other religious figure, despite the fact that Jesus taught much more love. If you hate that reason more, there's a reason for that too.

Meh, about the whole thing? lol. you wish.

I am putting an end to the curse that Jesus put on the nations.

Be happy.

You are, huh? That's your role. Tell me more.

Throngs of the resurrected dead are already standing all around, watching, waiting, ready, willing and able.

When the four winds begin to blow it will be too late for words.

Believe that.

I haven't acted like an a$$hole. You're just extremely hostile to my religion. Now why is that--really?
Um, because its been fucking up the lives of billions of people for thousands of years.

At most that should make you meh about the whole thing. Humanity messes itself up; it needs no excuse. Anything and everything is an excuse.

This sounds personal. If it is, fair enough. If it's NOT, then consider this: there's a very good reason the world hates Jesus Christ more than it hates any other religious figure, despite the fact that Jesus taught much more love. If you hate that reason more, there's a reason for that too.

Be happy.

The resurrected dead are already standing around, watching..

Believe that.

"I AM," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."--Mark 14:62

Be happy.

The resurrected dead are already standing around, watching..

Believe that.

"I AM," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."--Mark 14:62

Exactly!

As we speak Jesus is emerging from the clouds that have obscured him from sight ever since he was "taken up".

Can't you see?

then all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

“Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani” - - “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

one is a 4th century forgery, the other are actual words spoken in the 1st - the religious know the difference.

and the latest on christianity:

EarthLink - Top News

Relelations of US cardinal Theodore McCarrick one of the most respected U.S. cardinals sexually abused both boys and adult seminarians ...

1e9c8101-e526-4036-a6b8-5f82b8d99b82.jpg

they have been its leadership uninterrupted since the 4th century, no wonder it continues to this day unabated by the congregations that empower them - their political agenda disguised as a religion is no less the evil in certainty the 1st century stood to overcome only to be silenced by the cruel crucifixion of their leader - and enshrined in their forged 4th century document.

peace is impossible till the crime of the 1st century is brought to Justice.

they have been its leadership uninterrupted since the 4th century, no wonder it continues to this day unabated by the congregations that empower them - their political agenda disguised as a religion is no less the evil in certainty the 1st century stood to overcome only to be silenced by the cruel crucifixion of their leader - and enshrined in their forged 4th century document.

peace is impossible till the crime of the 1st century is brought to Justice.

If you are going to tell the truth, try to make it funny. Otherwise they will kill you too..

I was raised as a Christian. I left because nobody even tried to live up to what they were preaching.
I left because I was treated a someone behaving badly, when I asked questions about scientific knowledge not matching up with the magical nonsense I was being taught. Science was my favorite topic, and astronomy my favorite hobby. Had the Pastor tried to accommodate this knowledge and shown it any respect ( instead of implying that I should ditch it, lest I possibly go to hell), I might have lasted a few more years. But, probably only a few....

In essential, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity. --attributed to Augustine
Fine words. Just think how much more coherent the Bible might have been, had the author's had the benefit of Augustine's rigorous education and work in philosophy.

Came across this picture this morning, and it raises an interesting point. 2 groups are using 2 books as justification for hate, violence, and intolerance.

View attachment 204114

Discuss.

Or do your usual thing and retreat to insults because you're too stupid to talk about it intelligently. Whichever.

The obvious difference is that you can go into a town populated by the first depiction and be entirely at liberty and safe even if not one of them.
Try going into an area populated by the second one and expressing a dissenting opinion.

True. If he really thought that Christians were as scary and dangerous as Muslims, he wouldn't be constantly running his gums, attacking them.
Hold the book, quote the scripture, go to church , regardless I find it unlikely Christ would recognize today's religious right as christian.

I find it unlikely that you have the first clue what Christ thinks about anything. And I find it utterly ludicrous that anyone, Christian or otherwise, much cares about your opinions on the subject.

The non Christians are *always* the experts on what Christianity is.

Like getting parenting advice from a nun.

The obvious difference is that you can go into a town populated by the first depiction and be entirely at liberty and safe even if not one of them.
Try going into an area populated by the second one and expressing a dissenting opinion.

True. If he really thought that Christians were as scary and dangerous as Muslims, he wouldn't be constantly running his gums, attacking them.
Hold the book, quote the scripture, go to church , regardless I find it unlikely Christ would recognize today's religious right as christian.

I find it unlikely that you have the first clue what Christ thinks about anything. And I find it utterly ludicrous that anyone, Christian or otherwise, much cares about your opinions on the subject.

And yet we can't seem to get any two Christians to agree on much....

Who is this "we"?

I was raised as a Christian. I left because nobody even tried to live up to what they were preaching.

You weren't much of a Christian, if you missed the first, most important rule: look to God, not to other people.

Someone obviously did a crappy job of raising you.

And yet we can't seem to get any two Christians to agree on much....

Who is this "we"?
Its the royal "we".

I left because I was treated a someone behaving badly, when I asked questions about scientific knowledge not matching up with the magical nonsense I was being taught. Science was my favorite topic, and astronomy my favorite hobby. Had the Pastor tried to accommodate this knowledge and shown it any respect ( instead of implying that I should ditch it, lest I possibly go to hell), I might have lasted a few more years. But, probably only a few....

I just heard, "I was a complete asshole, and got offended when people didn't like me because of it."

I just heard, "I was a complete asshole, and got offended when people didn't like me because of it."
So? Who cares what you heard. You are a faithful little soldier of this religion. Had I been talkong about another religion, you would praise my behavior. So I doubt anyone cares what you heard.

That's too bad. Christianity should be about loving to learn. Here:

One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

I love that verse because it tells two powerful, eternal truths about God and His wonders: beauty and knowledge, or inquiry. If your inquiry was not "gotcha", then it should not have been discouraged.

A few times a year our pastor does a Q and A sermon where people write down questions anonymously and he answers them on the spot. No tough ones dodged unless they're "gotcha games". That's how much inquiry should be encouraged in his opinion.

In essential, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity. --attributed to Augustine
Fine words. Just think how much more coherent the Bible might have been, had the author's had the benefit of Augustine's rigorous education and work in philosophy.

The authors were being esoteric, deliberately.

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over the whole land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away, and by the writing on the other every perjurer shall be swept clean away. I have sent it out, the Lord of Hosts has said, and it shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name; it shall stay inside that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all." Zechariah 5:3-4

"As soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him." John 13:27

"Keep a watch on yourselves; do not let your minds be dulled by dissipation and drunkenness and worldly cares so that the great Day closes upon you suddenly like a trap; for that day will come on all men, wherever they are, the whole world over." Luke 21:34

Last edited:
The authors were being esoteric, deliberately.
I would say vague is a better word.

Whatever you want to call it, their intention to smite the nations has been openly expressed in black and white ever since the stories were written.

I would say the countermeasure to their nation being invaded and destroyed, initiated by Jesus and carried out by his disciples, has been very effective.

Its not like its hard to see or confirm the virulent insanity consequent to "just believing" without thinking deeply about any of it, exactly like the crippling effects of malware uploaded into the belly of the beast.

He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. (Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.)

It should be becoming obvious to you by now that Jesus claiming to have come to bring a sword wasn't just the hubris of a madman and the gospels aren't just magical bullshit stories of an ignorant and superstitious people.

They were highly intelligent and dedicated. There is much more to the picture than what meets the eye.

You might have been too young to understand what was being done to your mind during religious indoctrination when you were a child but you are not too old to remember.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back