So, what's the difference?

Came across this picture this morning, and it raises an interesting point. 2 groups are using 2 books as justification for hate, violence, and intolerance.

View attachment 204114

Discuss.

Or do your usual thing and retreat to insults because you're too stupid to talk about it intelligently. Whichever.
Difference --

Islamic girls are covered with hair.

I don't see any republican christians defending themselves with guns. I don't see any need for them too. I see them intimidating folks with them sometimes.

Self defense gun use is very common. Not only against criminals and bad guys, but against panthers, coyotes, alligators, and other things trying to eat your kids, pets, livestock. Also is symbolic of an armed citizenry that wants RESPECT from their govt servants.

That's NOT the jihadi reason for "intimidating" people with a gun. Or a bomb vest. Or a severed head. If you don't understand the difference, you lack any sense of self-preservation or common sense. For Americans, the Gun is merely a tool and the Bible is an inspiration. And they really have NO connection. Other than being important cherished FREEDOMS worth protecting.

I don't see any republican christians defending themselves with guns. I don't see any need for them too. I see them intimidating folks with them sometimes.

Self defense gun use is very common. Not only against criminals and bad guys, but against panthers, coyotes, alligators, and other things trying to eat your kids, pets, livestock. Also is symbolic of an armed citizenry that wants RESPECT from their govt servants.

That's NOT the jihadi reason for "intimidating" people with a gun. Or a bomb vest. Or a severed head. If you don't understand the difference, you lack any sense of self-preservation or common sense. For Americans, the Gun is merely a tool and the Bible is an inspiration. And they really have NO connection. Other than being important cherished FREEDOMS worth protecting.
As previously mentioned, it's a trick question. There is no difference.

Came across this picture this morning, and it raises an interesting point. 2 groups are using 2 books as justification for hate, violence, and intolerance.

View attachment 204114

Discuss.

Or do your usual thing and retreat to insults because you're too stupid to talk about it intelligently. Whichever.

They do say that people hate those who are the most similar to them.

Of course there is a difference. It just got put in your face. Maybe you're just baiting for a fight here. But we just kinda had a discussion. Would be GREAT if you told me why it's NOT about cherished freedoms in America versus Jihad and killing and intimidation..

The gun and bible (and flag) are ONLY connected through the fact that are all CHERISHED freedoms to folks who prioritize freedoms and don't WORSHIP the state instead.

Your turn. Try it. It's not hard.

Of course there is a difference. It just got put in your face. Maybe you're just baiting for a fight here. But we just kinda had a discussion. Would be GREAT if you told me why it's NOT about cherished freedoms in America versus Jihad and killing and intimidation..

The gun and bible (and flag) are ONLY connected through the fact that are all CHERISHED freedoms to folks who prioritize freedoms and don't WORSHIP the state instead.

There's no difference. You are twisting and turning to find one, but it's not there.

You'd have to explain to me why bible and gun seem to go hand in hand so often, that's part of the trouble I have with this.

I just did. Discuss why you never realized the commonality between the 2. And why you want to make a fool of yourself.
Lol, there's a difference between explaining and making excuses.

What's YOUR excuse for comparing the 2 pictures in the first place?
The similarities.

I thought that was obvious.

There's no difference. You are twisting and turning to find one, but it's not there.

That was TOO QUICK and not enough words to tell me why what I said wasn't valid. Use 2 or 4 more brain cells and try it..

That was TOO QUICK and not enough words to tell me why what I said wasn't valid. Use 2 or 4 more brain cells and try it..
No it wasn't. The gun and the Bible/Koran go hand in hand with the hatred, intolerance, and violence that characterizes both the american religious right and the extremist muslims.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

American Arms, non military: bolt or leaver action only, 6 round capacity non detachable magazine.

who do you worship when you need automatic weapons in your possession in public display. your unwarrented fears are a threat to American Freedom more than any legislation to date.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

American Arms, non military: bolt or leaver action only, 6 round capacity non detachable magazine.

who do you worship when you need automatic weapons in your possession in public display. your unwarrented fears are a threat to American Freedom more than any legislation to date.

Since you don't KNOW what an automatic weapon is -- I'll take a pass on your diversion.. A trained shot can off 10 rounds on a fixed tube lever action rifle in about 4 seconds.

Since you don't KNOW what an automatic weapon is -- I'll take a pass on your diversion.. A trained shot can off 10 rounds on a fixed tube lever action rifle in about 4 seconds.
I'll take a pass on your diversion..

not that your response made any sense, it is obvious you have issues when your skewed world view is least bit challenged by practical applications.

Extremist islam is the way christianity used to be. They evolved.
Yes, the way a species evolves when the environment forces it to. In the case of Christianity, it "evolved" due to the pressures of scientific enlightenment, classical liberalism, and secular government.

Rightwing Christianity is corrupt from the top to the bottom.

Hence...no difference.

View attachment 204114

Discuss.

The difference? The green munchkin on the bottom will actually kill for her book, the normal looking girl wouldn't.

Extremist islam is the way christianity used to be. They evolved.
Yes, the way a species evolves when the environment forces it to. In the case of Christianity, it "evolved" due to the pressures of scientific enlightenment, classical liberalism, and secular government.
And islam still hasnt. Maybe they will one day.
I did hear that turkey legalized toilt paper and saudia arabia is now letting women drive! :113:

New Topics

Forum List

Back