So, what's the consensus

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I haven't waded through the dozens of threads about the Supreme Court ruling on obamacare, but...

...did Roberts do this on purpose to help Romney get elected/hasten the repeal of this mess? What say you all?

I say the repubs got handed a big loss and are trying to spin it into the yummiest shit sandwich ever!

I was shocked that he labeled the mandate a tax instead of tossing it out as unconstitutional. My head is still reeling over that call.

I say the repubs got handed a big loss and are trying to spin it into the yummiest shit sandwich ever!

The American people were handed a loss.... the moocher class gets more free shit and the producer class just gets a bigger bill.

Samo samo.

I haven't waded through the dozens of threads about the Supreme Court ruling on obamacare, but...

...did Roberts do this on purpose to help Romney get elected/hasten the repeal of this mess? What say you all?

I think he gave us whether he intended to or not the White House, the Senate and the House on a silver platter.

He defined the war for us.

We aren't fighting health care, we aren't fighting to make sure old people and poor people die like the left wing nutbars like Pelosi and Reid have framed the battle.

It's out in the open now. We are in war games against what could be the largest tax ever perpetrated on the American public by Pelosi, Reid and Obama.

They said it wasn't. Remember all the quotes that Obamacare wasn'at a t tax. Obamacare is a huge unwieldy tax.

My thanks to Roberts. It feels like Christmas.:D

Obviously you need to ask the Chief Justice. Read his written opinion, is it contrived for such a purpose as you seem to suppose? If so, in your opinion would such a motivation be considered misfeasance and, hence, a "high crime or misdemeanor"?

The American people were handed a loss.... the moocher class gets more free shit and the producer class just gets a bigger bill.

Samo samo.

"The American people were handed a loss.... the moocher class gets more free shit and the producer class just gets a bigger bill"

How do you figure? The moocher class - those who don't purchase medical insurance - are provided care at emergency centers on the taxpayer's dime.

Since the mandate was rejected on the commerce clause, I'm shocked that were even having to discuss this today.

Having said that, Obama now has a huge tax wrapped around his neck, add the horrible economy and high unemployment #'s and you get a bonanza of ammunition to run against him on.

No. He ruled that the individual mandate was unconstitutional AS WRITTEN. All will agree with this.

The irony is when the attorneys for the president argued for the law, they substituted "tax" for "penalty", for which it was not written but changed during the discourse of of argument before the court. The only Justice to go along with that argument was Roberts. Check out the dissenting judgments.

As the dissenting arguments pointed out, it was troubling that this was legislating from the bench, for the law was not WRITTEN in those terms. But the swing vote, which turned out to be Roberts, changed history saw it that way.

Roberts, in his opinion did say, he "wasn't saying this tax was fair or wise that it was for the people to decide this." Was that a coded message for the people to make the change in the administration and Congress to change this law? That could be a reach, but so was changing the penalty to a tax.

So it is the citizens to be informed of this decision the background and make their own decisions of the ramifications of the law.

Last edited:
Since the mandate was rejected on the commerce clause, I'm shocked that were even having to discuss this today.

Having said that, Obama now has a huge tax wrapped around his neck, add the horrible economy and high unemployment #'s and you get a bonanza of ammunition to run against him on.

"A Big Victory" for Obama
- Rupert Murdoch

520.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

825.gif

If things work out the way they could, Roberts may go down in history as playing the democrats as badly as Reagan played the Soviets.

i said on another thread I will respect the courts decision even though it was not what I hoped for and I will. Short term this is a victory for Obama long term it could be a problem for this to be ruled constitutional the court said it had to be a tax and when that came out it did not take long for all the media not just conservative media to start playing the many clips of Obama saying over and over this was not a tax.

I think he gave us whether he intended to or not the White House, the Senate and the House on a silver platter.

He defined the war for us.

We aren't fighting health care, we aren't fighting to make sure old people and poor people die like the left wing nutbars like Pelosi and Reid have framed the battle.

It's out in the open now. We are in war games against what could be the largest tax ever perpetrated on the American public by Pelosi, Reid and Obama.

They said it wasn't. Remember all the quotes that Obamacare wasn'at a t tax. Obamacare is a huge unwieldy tax.

My thanks to Roberts. It feels like Christmas.:D

Such a pretty speech. And we need to put out videos of you 'Conservatives' chanting "Let him die, let him die", everytime one of your posts shit like this.

Forum List

Back