So what will Obama do after Tuesday?

I'm sure Obama will spend as much of his time until mid-January trying to fuck-up as much shit as possible. That's what rejected democrats are known for.

Assume he loses the election. What does he do next? This has kind of been bugging me. Nobody is talking about it. Clinton put in an effort to launch Hillarys political career and become Irish. Bush retired to his Texas ranch to breed cattle or something. What will Obama do?

What will he do? Go sit in his chair for another four years. A good question is what will you do after he wins. I liked 2008, I am loving 2012!

The proposition is that Obama loses....ok....? We will find out on Tuesday whether or not he will lose..

What will he do next?

I am typing this slowly so that you will understand.

Assume he loses the election. What does he do next? This has kind of been bugging me. Nobody is talking about it. Clinton put in an effort to launch Hillarys political career and become Irish. Bush retired to his Texas ranch to breed cattle or something. What will Obama do?

What will he do? Go sit in his chair for another four years. A good question is what will you do after he wins. I liked 2008, I am loving 2012!

I am seriously considering just giving up. Instead of busting my ass 50+ hours every week, just...walk away. Stop being a productive member of society and just go on welfare for the rest of my life. I am very close to that point, and this election might be my tipping point.

Thing is, the reward for a job well done is to have done it. Hang in there!

No, the reward for a job well done is to do it again tomorrow.

Seriously, why the hell should I bust my ass 50 hours a week? I can come up with a fake disability (or milk a real one, I have a couple), sit at home, and just get the checks. If I get bored, I know enough skills (from welding to forklift operator to car repairs) to get under the table work for cash.

I am seriously considering just giving up. Instead of busting my ass 50+ hours every week, just...walk away. Stop being a productive member of society and just go on welfare for the rest of my life. I am very close to that point, and this election might be my tipping point.

Does not matter what the election outcome is. In two days you would be bored out of your skull. Stay active.

Does not matter what the election outcome is. In two days you would be bored out of your skull. Stay active.

Hey, I'd be active...I could do car stuff (my friend would LOVE to use my well-equipped garage to for his Vega's engine swap), I could work under the table for cash, catch up on my reading.

He isn't going to lose so it's a moot point.

For you, imagine it is 4 years later.
What is he going to do?

Jimmy Carter was a pretty crappy president, but I do have to give him credit for being a decent ex-president. Habitat for humanity and all.
Maybe Mr Obama can volunteer to give partial birth abortions or some other such noble deed worthy of an ex-president. :tongue:

He isn't going to lose so it's a moot point.

For you, imagine it is 4 years later.
What is he going to do?

Jimmy Carter was a pretty crappy president, but I do have to give him credit for being a decent ex-president. Habitat for humanity and all.
Maybe Mr Obama can volunteer to give partial birth abortions or some other such noble deed worthy of an ex-president. :tongue:

What part of the Carter Presidency didn't you like?

Hiring Volcker to break the cycle of stagflation?

Standing up to oil companies?

Insuring the Iranian hostages would not be killed?

Brokering a peace deal between Israel and Egypt?

Funding alternative energy?

Turning around an abysmal economy left over by Tricky Dick? (Oh yeah..no government involvement in private industry..except for the wage freeze)

Decapatating the Soviet Union with a wheat embargo and bleeding them in Afghanistan?

Not sure.

I hope packing

I expect it'll take the better part of 48 hours to get him out of the fetal position and pop his thumb out of his mouth. :lol:

In late January, he'll slink back home to Chicago for awhile, open up some sort of charitable foundation for the benefit of some bit of liberal lunacy, and spend the rest of his life trying to command the kind of pay Bill Clinton gets for speeches.

Forum List

Back