So...What was your first car?

My second car was a '64 and1/2 mustang. It was actually a piece of shit. It had the 170ci I-6 engine and 3 speed manual tranny. I paid $500 for it. I wish I had it now.

This is what my vw beetle looked like only without the luggage rack on top! I loved that car! :)

332560.jpg

My second car was a '64 and1/2 mustang. It was actually a piece of shit. It had the 170ci I-6 engine and 3 speed manual tranny. I paid $500 for it. I wish I had it now.
I was sick when dad sold my mustang I knew it would be a collector and told him so. I should hit him up for the value of that car now and listen to him scream. Had a 36 Ford pickup with a Hemi in it also. He sold/gave/traded that away also while it was stored at their place. You would have thought I would have learned from the Mustang not to leave anything at their place....

This is what my vw beetle looked like only without the luggage rack on top! I loved that car! :)

332560.jpg

The rims are upside down. :lol:

are they? the color is off a little too, i remember my Bug being a brighter turquoise and i had white walls but i don't remember them being that wide of white?

remember, i wasn't in to any kind of detail when it came to cars when i was young and broke...like i mentioned i went 5 years in this car without changing or adding oil....my adoration for my cars were for their ability to get me back and forth to work or where i wanted to go on very little gas money....simply that!

I was sick when dad sold my mustang I knew it would be a collector and told him so. I should hit him up for the value of that car now and listen to him scream. Had a 36 Ford pickup with a Hemi in it also. He sold/gave/traded that away also while it was stored at their place. You would have thought I would have learned from the Mustang not to leave anything at their place....

I'm pretty sure the Hemi engines were in Chrysler's, not Fords.
I'd give my left nut for a 37 Ford pickup like my grandfather had. Split wind shield. I think he had 250K miles on it when he junked it. It was a farm truck, but it didn't have any dents. The seat was totally shot on the drivers side, he had a cow hide on it to keep the springs from poking him.

I'd give my left nut for a 37 Ford pickup like my grandfather had. Split wind shield. I think he had 250K miles on it when he junked it. It was a farm truck, but it didn't have any dents. The seat was totally shot on the drivers side, he had a cow hide on it to keep the springs from poking him.
Yes Hemi's are Chrysler..The pickup was modified. I bought it for the pickup body. Had no clue what the Hemi in it was worth when I gave a guy a hundred bucks for it. Used to do a bit of antique/colector type trading back in those days helped pay the bills when the lil ones were little.

It looked just like this one but blue black. The guy I got it from had started it but not finished it yet.
8907_1808972826489cc76c6ca14.jpg

Yes Hemi's are Chrysler..The pickup was modified. I bought it for the pickup body. Had no clue what the Hemi in it was worth when I gave a guy a hundred bucks for it. Used to do a bit of antique/colector type trading back in those days helped pay the bills when the lil ones were little.

It looked just like this one but blue black. The guy I got it from had started it but not finished it yet.
8907_1808972826489cc76c6ca14.jpg

I wonder how many people would buy a truck like that looked exactly like that right now if the automakers would make one? I bet it would be a lot.

I wonder how many people would buy a truck like that looked exactly like that right now if the automakers would make one? I bet it would be a lot.
Probably more than just a handful. They used to make some cuties didn't they.

I have one aunt that is what most would consider a bit on the snoot side, not but she comes off that away at times.. Surprised me when she bought an old truck we had like this one a few years back. Ours had twenty coats of paint on it no rust.

1934-Ford-Pickup-unrestored-sy.jpg

Forum List

Back