So...What was your first car?

i traded the used Nova even steven for the used VW bug and i drove it for nearly 5 years until the engine blew....sounded like a fork in a garbage disposer only louder, when it died on me, on I-95 in miami in rush hour traffic in the middle lane! :eek:

it turns out, i was suppose to change and add oil, who knew????

Hey! I was young and a blond back then, what can i say?

looking back on it....not to bad to go 5 years and never add or change the oil before it died!
:lol:

Lol..that was a long-standing problem of mine, too. But when you have to choose between gas and oil, gas wins out.

My Malibu dropped a muffler as I pulled out of a drive-through minimart. Some guy watering his yard raced out into the street with his hose, hosed it off, and used a couple of rags from my trunk to throw it in there. It was fricking hilarious.

I drove that monster for a year without a muffler.

I also drove a Geo for about a year that had to be pushed to start. Luckily, being a Geo, it wasn't that big a deal, lol. But I have fond memories of making my boys go down into the parking lot with me to push the car so I could go to the store. And always parking on hills.

I could start it rolling backwards, too.

i traded the used Nova even steven for the used VW bug and i drove it for nearly 5 years until the engine blew....sounded like a fork in a garbage disposer only louder, when it died on me, on I-95 in miami in rush hour traffic in the middle lane! :eek:

it turns out, i was suppose to change and add oil, who knew????

Hey! I was young and a blond back then, what can i say?

looking back on it....not too bad to go 5 years and never add or change the oil before it died!
:lol:

Lol..that was a long-standing problem of mine, too. But when you have to choose between gas and oil, gas wins out.

My Malibu dropped a muffler as I pulled out of a drive-through minimart. Some guy watering his yard raced out into the street with his hose, hosed it off, and used a couple of rags from my trunk to throw it in there. It was fricking hilarious.

I drove that monster for a year without a muffler.

well, i felt kinda bad about killing the VW Bug....i got it used and it was from the early 60's so it had a long life before my 5 years of total abuse....i killed it some time in the early to mid 80's if memory serves so the car had 20 yrs in....but a friend had told me that those bugs could last 40yrs if you kept them up!

my nova that i traded for the bug was newer but did have a rusted out muffler, it sounded like a souped up car....never got it fixed, the person i traded it with for the vw just took it like it was....?

care

So...What was your first car?

GI_Joe_Jeep_7000_with_Trailer&gun_jpg.jpg

So far, I'm the only one to post a 4WD vehicle as their first car.
All you people are sheep.

When I was 18 my best friend who wasn't old enough to get a license had a Jeep. I drove that for 2 years. It just wasn't technically mine.

JeepWrangler.jpg

She inherited from her brother who was in the AF and died when his jet crashed.

There's this...but it's a 71, and no vinyl top. But it looks very like mine.

Apparently the vinyl top ones are few and far between. But I was checking the prices and I think I was really stupid to sell mine off for $550 in 92...which is what I bought it for in 88.

IMG_4668-vi.jpg

71 and 72 were basically the exact same body style, both had the single headlights and the Corvette taillights

Mine:

1972-Chevelle-blue-bst-nf.jpg

Mine was primer gray though, but I did have the Corvette Rallyes.

Mine was a 72 as well! It was Metallic Copper until my father and I sanded the whole thing and painted it 1977 Corvette Yellow.
Seats out of a 69 Camaro, floor shifter out of a 72 Monte Carlo. Lowered like a Pro-Streeter. I sold it when I joined the service in 1982.

No joke this was my car but...I didn't have for but a month because I went to this club, a guy tried to hit on me...telling me he has Quaaludes (sp?) thinking that would make me go with the guy. I politely told him no, and about 30 minutes later I hear my license plate number called and to report outside. I go out there and my car was on FIRE! Who do you think started that fire? No proof...and guess what, no insurance either. Yep this was in the 70's.

No joke this was my car but...I didn't have for but a month because I went to this club, a guy tried to hit on me...telling me he has Quaaludes (sp?) thinking that would make me go with the guy. I politely told him no, and about 30 minutes later I hear my license plate number called and to report outside. I go out there and my car was on FIRE! Who do you think started that fire? No proof...and guess what, no insurance either. Yep this was in the 70's.

You sure someone didnt rearend that thing....I heard a little tap and those things went up like a bomb.

like this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOWIlP9t8y4]YouTube - Ford Pinto[/ame]

You sure someone didnt rearend that thing....I heard a little tap and those things went up like a bomb.

like this.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOWIlP9t8y4"]YouTube - Ford Pinto[/ame]
LOL OMG and NO, the investigation determined that the fire started under the emergency break. The person got into my car and started it there.

LOL OMG and NO, the investigation determined that the fire started under the emergency break. The person got into my car and started it there.

Wow.....thats creepy. The 70's were weird I guess.

Took me a while to find that youtube vid.....its an old Val Kilmer movie called "Top Secret".....I could never forget that scene.

It was scary indeed, after that happened know what I did? I carried a knife with me and back then with the DISCO (blush) platform shoes...I nailed a big ass nail, so if I needed to kick some dude in the you know what I would just have to turn the nail around and then watch out. Never had to use it but after that car incident...I knew some losers were out there.

It was scary indeed, after that happened know what I did? I carried a knife with me and back then with the DISCO (blush) platform shoes...I nailed a big ass nail, so if I needed to kick some dude in the you know what I would just have to turn the nail around and then watch out. Never had to use it but after that car incident...I knew some losers were out there.

There ya go.....

First car given to me. My dad sold it to a neighbor kid, the guy cut it into tiny pieces practicing with a torch. That was a sad day when I found out he had sold it, I was very upset. The engine was blown on it so it was stored at their house until i could get it fixed.
MustangRed1.JPG

First car I bought on my own was just like this one but smooshed on all sides. One had to climb out the drivers window or get out on the passenger back door side. A lady that worked at a bar sold it to me.

CIMG0193.JPG

Forum List

Back