So...What was your first car?

You got NOTHING, I say NOTHING, on my emerald green 1998 Plymouth Neon... yeah

Eat your hearts out... bitches... Paid for it cash when I was what... 18? Something like that. :D

002-15.jpg

One redeeming quality... it was a stickshift :D

Last edited:
And though the Malibu was the first car that was truly mine...for years this is the "car" I used:

Hal0509123041-1-001.jpg

Till I threw a rod because I wasn't good about putting oil in.

This was my second car, I had it about a year. It had something wrong so took it to a local mechanic, weeks went by and he kept telling me he was working on it to call back in two weeks blah blah blah (always an excuse) I finally went over there with a male friend only to learn the guy skipped town with my car!

After spending money to locate him my friend rented a car and we drove all the way from Fl. to Indiana and got my car. IT wouldn't start, so I towed the sucker with only two chains with that rent a car...LMAO...I was young what can I say.

1978614_1.jpg

In 1962 I went around collecting coke bottles, and getting the deposits back on them. I saved the $125.00 it took to by a 1954 Pontiac, that did not run. Once we got it running, I drove it to school.It was not much, but it served it's purpose. Many cars since.

...Pontiac GTO
Midnight Blue
Black interior
No-poster
Baby Moon hubcaps
Center grill chrome and headlight rims painted flat black
3:08 rearend
4 speed stick

AWESOME CAR!!!

Stupid me...with the second daughter on the way, I traded it in toward a '69 Ford LTD wagon with a 429cid.

I should have kept it and bought a used wagon. Stupid me!

Last edited:
my dad's old Coronet 440 was the first car i used, the first car i bought was an old used green, Chevy Nova from my uncle's dealership....my next car was a used turquoise blue, vw bug, my next car was a used bright orange VW Carmengia/Karmann ghia convertible which i had for a bit...till it was totaled in a wreck, then a used newer Oldsmobile....my first new car was a Ford Thunderbird and i loved it!

A $5K give from my dad when I was 17 and a Jr in highschool. How I used to love that car. The freedom I thought I had. Too bad I hit a telephone pole (sober I might add on the way to smoke some weed) during the summer between my senior year and college! It did suck not having a car in college until again when I was a junior!

File:Honda_Integra_1996_4door.jpg

wow I hit a porch with my 96 Integra.:lol:
They must like things made out of wood.

...Pontiac GTO
Midnight Blue
Black interior
No-poster
Baby Moon hubcaps
Center grill chrome and headlight rims painted flat black
3:08 rearend
4 speed stick

AWESOME CAR!!!

Stupid me...with the second daughter on the way, I traded it in toward a '69 Ford LTD wagon with a 429cid.

I should have kept it and bought a used wagon. Stupid me!

I'm pretty sure in some states that would be considered a midemeanor..and possibly a felony.

Mine was a Chevelle Malibu, which I believe was a bit different from a Malibu.

And yeah Radio, definitely dissing :lol:

It's ok though, because first cars are allowed to be hoopties.

LOL!

This thread just became a (in sesame street fashion) "which of these things is not like the others"

Mine:

1972-Chevelle-blue-bst-nf.jpg

Mine was primer gray though, but I did have the Corvette Rallyes.

Malibu! also the first car I owned! Mine was white with a yellow-ish vinyl top:

70lemans00.jpg

Hey, I don't think that's a true Malibu I posted. I think it's a chevelle. Same diff, but mine looked more like your pic. Only white with a yellowed, slightly peeling vinyl top.

What you posted isn't even a Chevrolet. It's a Pontiac Lemans.

Mine was a Chevelle Malibu, which I believe was a bit different from a Malibu.

And yeah Radio, definitely dissing :lol:

It's ok though, because first cars are allowed to be hoopties.

You're just jealous of the 85 ponies under the hood and the kickin' AM 2 speaker system it had.

Malibu! also the first car I owned! Mine was white with a yellow-ish vinyl top:

70lemans00.jpg

Hey, I don't think that's a true Malibu I posted. I think it's a chevelle. Same diff, but mine looked more like your pic. Only white with a yellowed, slightly peeling vinyl top.

What you posted isn't even a Chevrolet. It's a Pontiac Lemans.

Well crap. I pulled it off an image search. When I got to looking at it, I was like, wtf? But the image was small until I posted it, and my new glasses aren't in.

Mine was a 72 Malibu, looked just like the one you posted, except vinyl top and white.

Oh look, I think I found it...except they painted it gold...and took off the $350 in tires I put on it right before selling it, the bastards.

M04792-72chevelle.jpg

Last edited:
There's this...but it's a 71, and no vinyl top. But it looks very like mine.

Apparently the vinyl top ones are few and far between. But I was checking the prices and I think I was really stupid to sell mine off for $550 in 92...which is what I bought it for in 88.

IMG_4668-vi.jpg

Last edited:
i traded the used Nova even steven for the used VW bug and i drove it for nearly 5 years until the engine blew....sounded like a fork in a garbage disposer only louder, when it died on me, on I-95 in miami in rush hour traffic in the middle lane! :eek:

it turns out, i was suppose to change and add oil, who knew????

Hey! I was young and a blond back then, what can i say?

looking back on it....not too bad to go 5 years and never add or change the oil before it died!
:lol:

Last edited:
static.howstuffworks.com/gif/1963-pontiac-cat 1963 pontiac catalina mine was two tone and great for the drive-in

Forum List

Back