So what special features would you pay for?

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Dan's mentioned offering a paid membership plan that comes with special features. What are some special features you'd be willing to pay for?

I've been a member of a lot of boards, and some have had paid features. Most of the things we get for free here cost at other boards (custom avatars, custom titles, etc.).

A couple of ideas I thought people might be interested in:

1. Special user rank that basically just makes the user's name a different color than the basic black, just so they stand out (like how mods are orange and admins are red). Just a way to show the community that you contributed to the board.

2. Special private forum where contributors can post and make fun of the cheap people who didn't pay.

3. Not sure if this is possible, but maybe subscribers could have their reputation restrictions increased - meaning they could give more reputation in 24 hours than is currently allowed.

Hmmm...that's all I can come up with. What else would you be willing to pay for?

Dan's mentioned offering a paid membership plan that comes with special features. What are some special features you'd be willing to pay for?

I've been a member of a lot of boards, and some have had paid features. Most of the things we get for free here cost at other boards (custom avatars, custom titles, etc.).

1. Special user rank that basically just makes the user's name a different color than the basic black, just so they stand out (like how mods are orange and admins are red). Just a way to show the community that you contributed to the board.

2. Special private forum where contributors can post and make fun of the cheap people who didn't pay.

3. Not sure if this is possible, but maybe subscribers could have their reputation restrictions increased - meaning they could give more reputation in 24 hours than is currently allowed.

Hmmm...that's all I can come up with. What else would you be willing to pay for?

The first one just seems like bragging.. I've probably donated half a dozen times to the original owner of this site, and I liked the fact that my PM box went from the original 200 or whatever it was to 1000 msgs. That was more useful than the knowledge that someone donated..

The second option (forum) actually existed, and nobody used it.

The third is actually a decent idea, I think...

The first one just seems like bragging.. I've probably donated half a dozen times to the original owner of this site, and I liked the fact that my PM box went from the original 200 or whatever it was to 1000 msgs. That was more useful than the knowledge that someone donated..

There is a hack that would let us give more "influence" based on usergroup... so option #3 is doable.

There is a hack that would let us give more "influence" based on usergroup... so option #3 is doable.

Does that mean like a certain usergroup's reputation counts for more than others? I don't think that sounds fair. But it would be nice if certain users could distribute more each day.

I would pay for a feature where Michelle Malkin comes out of my computer screen and gives me a lapdance. I guess there would be a time limit per lap dance :(

I'd donate simply to keep it up and running. Out of all the owners this place has had (and I knew them all), the last two, so far, have been the best.. It started to turn around for the better when Scooter purchased it, and the last two owners have seemed to let what "works" continue to "work".

Kudos.

Forum List

Back