So what should Obama have done?

And another rightwinger proves they have no idea, just lies and hate for Obama.

And as I predicted, the only thing this one can think of is "be more emotive" and other useless posturing that does nothing to clean up the oil

Conservatives got nothing. No ideas. No morals. No principles. Just lies and hate

:lol: You're just an idiot troll. I am neither a right-winger nor a conservative. You asked a question and I gave a valid answer. I identified you as a troll yesterday. I don't know why I thought you would be any different today.

Next.

Everyone who disagrees with you is a "troll."
With xsited, first everyone is a troll, then they are a racist. It gets old, but he has a small imagination.

It's amazing to watch the dishonest Obamabots pretend that the President DID anything when it is crystal clear that he actually did nothing.

Sending out damn bureaucrats and lawyers is not really "doing" something, just to put word to the glaringly obvious.

They simply don't come anymore stupid than you. You must take great pleasure in being dumbed down. And in case you're thinking about coming back at me with some of your filthy insults, you're going on ignore so I don't have to puke up my breakfast.

Anderson Cooper said this last week:

Obama said "the American people should know that from the moment this disaster began, the federal government has been in charge of the response effort." What the world sees is a lack of response and a lack of coordination by the Federal government to stop this. Obama’s aloof detachment is a big part of the problem. He needs to be more emotive, have daily progress reports, provide a website with up-to-the-minute updates, etc. This should have started from day 1.

And if he had done that? His haters would never go to a government website, for one thing. They consider all of it lies, lies and more lies. So why bother? There are plenty of sites that provide up to the minute details, but it's becoming waaaaaaaaaay too obvious that many people aren't even bothering to check out those either. It's just so much more fulfilling to sit and bitch that "nothing is being done" and hope that stupid accusation sticks to the next moron who reads it, than to actually find out what's been going on.

Also, for Obama to plant himself somewhere on the Gulf would also be criticized as just photo ops. You know it and I know it.

This isn't "Katrina" which went away after the storm left a path of destruction that could be dealt with from that point on. This is an ongoing path of destruction. So how long should Obama put everything else on the calendar on hold while he prances around New Orleans for the benefit of his critics who hate him anyway?

Your lack of faith in Anderson Cooper's investigative prowess is disappointing. Even he sees that there is a lack of response and a lack of coordination by the Federal government to stop this. But hey, if I got a lot of campaign money from BP like Obama did, I'd probably sit on my hands for a few weeks as well.

Well, from the Anderson Cooper discussion, there's this:

COOPER: Well, seeing him walk the beaches, I think it was yesterday- you know, with camera crews following him, this photo op- you know, finally, I guess, they decided not have him be interviewed in offices, because that made him look bad. So he was out on the beach. But- you know, to see him walk the beach followed by cameras was kind of a- you know, manufactured situation-

BRINKLEY: Yes.

It didn't matter WHEN Obama went down there, it still would have been criticized as a photo op. If he had immediately gone down, the criticism would have been that the entourage of Secret Service would have just been in the way "AND DIDN'T OBAMA KNOW THAT, THE STUPID FUCK?"

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Nuff said.

It's amazing to watch the dishonest Obamabots pretend that the President DID anything when it is crystal clear that he actually did nothing.

Sending out damn bureaucrats and lawyers is not really "doing" something, just to put word to the glaringly obvious.

They simply don't come anymore stupid than you. You must take great pleasure in being dumbed down. And in case you're thinking about coming back at me with some of your filthy insults, you're going on ignore so I don't have to puke up my breakfast.

But wait...then you'd miss his cute nickname for you. :(

What Obama should have done:

1. Put out an immediate search to gather the best independent experts in the world in the various disciplines required to deal with containment, clean up, and restoration.

2. Gone to the gulf immediately. Leadership matters. Whether or not one likes Bush, his presence at Ground Zero after 9/11 was effective. Being There is half the job of leadership.

3. Developed and communicated a Vision of: Job One is stopping the spill and containing the oil to prevent further damage. Job Two is Clean Up. Job Three is Restoration. Job Four is Investigation, and Financial, Legal, and Regulatory remedies and reforms. Let's focus now on saving the environment and the ecology of the Gulf. We have plenty of time to analyze and address what happened after the emergency is over. And then initiated the efforts in those priorities.

4. Listened to Jindal and gotten the permits and resources LA and other states needed to protect their coasts.

5. Left politics and blame throwing out of it. This is an issue that affects all Americans, a great many of whom are going through severe hardship right now. To fix the problem as quickly as possible requires the focus of all available resources. Making an enemy of BP by making them a target of a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION is distract their resources from the emergency.

6. Cleared the calendar of discretionary leisure activities such as vacations, golf, and parties. It's too much Nero and Marie Attoinette combined - and shows a callousness detachment that if very poor leadership.

What she said. Obama spent the first month blaming everyone for anything he could, including Pres Bush. Now he is threatening criminal action. That is sure to send a message of partnership and trust with BP.
BP has forgotten more about oil engineering than BO will ever know. BO has no, zero, expertise. Congress has even less. What BO could have done is quit the politicising and point scoring and actually tried to help. He should have established a joint committee with industry experts and government agencies to map out what can be done to mitigate the spill and cap the well.
But instead he decided to score points by criticizing BP, criticizing Bush, and demonizing the oil industry. It's the Chicago Way.

So, you AGREE that BP is the one to fix this problem and not Obama. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What should Obama have done differently?

Well for starters, when the genie in the bottle granted him one wish, he should've been more specific when he wished for the country to become blacker.

*rimshot

What should Obama have done differently?

Well for starters, when the genie in the bottle granted him one wish, he should've been more specific when he wished for the country to become blacker.

*rimshot

:doubt:

What's sad is I think you're actually trying to be politically correct.

Obama did zero

He should have mobilized the army Corp of engineers to assist, instead he went on another vacation - again.

And just what were the Army Corp of Engineers to do? They are not oilfield or deep water experts????

Help plug the fucking hole.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: A Brief History

By the 1980s the Corps' mission had expanded from flood fighting to other hazards. Consequently, the Corps established an emergency management program. In 1988 the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act authorized the Federal Emergency Management Agency to provide for all disasters, regardless of cause. The Corps works closely with FEMA in many natural disasters including floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions.

Between 1989 and 1992, the Corps responded to the largest and most destructive oil spill in U.S. history in Prince William Sound in Alaska. I
t also responded to Hurricane Hugo, which caused major damage in the Virgin Islands and coast of the Carolinas, and to the Loma Prieta Earthquake in California. The 1990s brought even costlier natural disasters. Between 1992 and 1995 the Corps performed major repair and rehabilitation work in the wake of Hurricanes Andrew and Iniki, record flooding on the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, and the Northridge earthquake in California.

Last edited:
Obama should have doe whatever he could to plug the fucking leak.

Instead he did nothing.

You do realize that doing nothing was all that he could do. The feds don't have the expertise or equipment to perfom deep sea oil rig repairs. Some of you sound like the 'do anything crowd as long as you do something even if it doesn't work'. As if you need to be placated by action for action's sake.

I have a prediction about the next political scandal.

Members of Obamas cabinet will be found to have divested themselves of BP stock just before announcing the criminal investigation.

Just watch.

Are you claiming that they should NOT sell their BP stock?

Are you claiming that they should not have owned the BP stock in the first place?

MAYBE he should have ordered the Oil Company (BP) to hire the soon to be unemployed fisherman to place the floating booms in the waters to prevent as much of the SPREAD of the oil as possible to minimize the natural calamity of it making landfall.

Does the President of the United States have the power to order a privately owned company to hire people?

I've never heard of this one.

I could see a court mandating something like this...but even this would cause right-wingers to fill their pants with copious amounts of shit.

Obama should have doe whatever he could to plug the fucking leak.

Instead he did nothing.

You do realize that doing nothing was all that he could do. The feds don't have the expertise or equipment to perfom deep sea oil rig repairs. Some of you sound like the 'do anything crowd as long as you do something even if it doesn't work'. As if you need to be placated by action for action's sake.

I already posted this...

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: A Brief History

By the 1980s the Corps' mission had expanded from flood fighting to other hazards. Consequently, the Corps established an emergency management program. In 1988 the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act authorized the Federal Emergency Management Agency to provide for all disasters, regardless of cause. The Corps works closely with FEMA in many natural disasters including floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions.

Between 1989 and 1992, the Corps responded to the largest and most destructive oil spill in U.S. history in Prince William Sound in Alaska. I
t also responded to Hurricane Hugo, which caused major damage in the Virgin Islands and coast of the Carolinas, and to the Loma Prieta Earthquake in California. The 1990s brought even costlier natural disasters. Between 1992 and 1995 the Corps performed major repair and rehabilitation work in the wake of Hurricanes Andrew and Iniki, record flooding on the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, and the Northridge earthquake in California.

MAYBE he should have ordered the Oil Company (BP) to hire the soon to be unemployed fisherman to place the floating booms in the waters to prevent as much of the SPREAD of the oil as possible to minimize the natural calamity of it making landfall.

Does the President of the United States have the power to order a privately owned company to hire people?

I could see a court mandating something like this...but even this would cause right-wingers to fill their pants with copious amounts of shit.

You might want to take it up with the President since he is the one who has intoned that he HAS directed everything since day 1.

"Every key decision and action they take must be approved by us in advance," he said. "I've designated [U.S. Coast Guard] Adm. Thad Allen, who has nearly four decades of experience responding to such disasters, as the national incident commander. And if he orders BP to do something to respond to this disaster, they are legally bound to do it."
President Obama as quoted here: Gulf Oil Spill: Obama Says Fed Gov't in Charge of Efforts to Contain Leak, Not BP - ABC News

And if he's so intent on slapping lawyers on BP, then he could just as easily hire the boats and crews himself (in the name of the U.S., that is) and then send the bill to BP as a component part of whatever "damages" he seems to think he will extract from them.

But back to YOUR question, XO. The PRESIDENT himself made the claim. So if BP is legally obligated to "Do it" if ordered, and the President has been fully in charge since day one, then the PRESIDENT must have been the one to decide NOT to hire all those fishermen and their boats.

It's either that or the President wasn't being honest.

No...but BP pretty much did that anyway.

No...but BP pretty much did that anyway.

Bullshit. BP did nothing like that at all.

And if the President doesn't have the authority to do it (which is a reasonable suggestion, by the way) then the President lied.

Forum List

Back