So what pushes your buttons at work?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A new survey ranks the worst workplace annoyances. Grumpy or moody co-workers comes in first, with thirty-seven percent of respondents. Ranked second is slow computers (36%) followed by too much gossip or small talk in the office (19%).

The most digusting item in the survey was seventh, poor toilet etiquette. But one woman said she once had to fire a worker for unbearable body odor, an annoyance that didn't make the survey for the likely reason most people don't show up to the office stinking.

People showing up late for meetings, failing to clean up after themselves and the office being too cold were other common peeves, according to the survey.

New Jersey 101.5 FM - Grumpy Co-Workers Top Workplace Annoyances

I'd say those are my top three as well. What say you?

co workers are such a hassle....all it takes is one person being hateful to change the mood of the whole staff....

poor computers or phone lines on the credit card machines....we had a total credit card machine failure at a time when we needed to just be processing credit cards...i had one man scream at me....that i would do anything to keep him from skiing....strange..but that was a customer...

anytime equipment fails you are just screwed to the wall...there is no quick way to process that many cards the old way now. hell the younger staff memebers act like an imprinter is a fossil...they brought it to me....asking..."do you know what this is" i had to show them how we use to imprint cards and use the phone to call the transactions in....they were amazed

Nothing pushes my buttons anymore. I don't sweat it.

I have co-workers that get upset because the boss spends all day on the computer and nothing gets done in a timely manner.

One time one guy in my shop got upset because another turned him in for one of his rants. I think the guy is Bi-polar. It's just something that happens every once in awhile...the f-bombs start flying and he storms out of the meeting. It's a common occurrence.

When we eat lunch one guy on one side of me keeps asking me if I'm gonna eat that. The other guy on the other side starts whining when somebody text msgs me during lunch.

I don't have any buttons to push right now but some of my co-workers do obviously.

Ha ha. I went to 7-11 once and their cash registers were down. They wouldn't sell anything even with exact change. They didn't understand the concept of WRITING it down.

I spend 90 percent of my day with teens who complain constantly. But my advice to my younger co-workers is "Don't sweat the small stuff". There's plenty of "big stuff" to worry about. They may as well not put themselves in an early grave.

Ah Its Monday. I wonder if we'll have heat today. Lol

I have co-workers that get upset because the boss spends all day on the computer and nothing gets done in a timely manner.

One time one guy in my shop got upset because another turned him in for one of his rants. I think the guy is Bi-polar. It's just something that happens every once in awhile...the f-bombs start flying and he storms out of the meeting. It's a common occurrence.

When we eat lunch one guy on one side of me keeps asking me if I'm gonna eat that. The other guy on the other side starts whining when somebody text msgs me during lunch.

I don't have any buttons to push right now but some of my co-workers do obviously.

:eek: Somebody texts you during lunch? That person is clearly an attention seeking ho!!:lol:

Ha ha. I went to 7-11 once and their cash registers were down. They wouldn't sell anything even with exact change. They didn't understand the concept of WRITING it down.

I spend 90 percent of my day with teens who complain constantly. But my advice to my younger co-workers is "Don't sweat the small stuff". There's plenty of "big stuff" to worry about. They may as well not put themselves in an early grave.

Oh, that's right....you live in the Banana Republic of New Jersey.

:eek: Somebody texts you during lunch? That person is clearly an attention seeking ho!!:lol:

RLMMFAO.....you crack me up.:lol::rofl:

Last edited:
Let's see, a boss who reminds me of a 300-pound bitter man-hating female version of Monk with Tourettes - and a coworker I have to work with closely who's even worse and also her sister. I've had some lousy jobs before, but there's nothing worse than working for and with a cabal of controlling broomriding bitches. Anybody got a job opening? :lol:

The co-workers who feel as if they are invited to come over to my desk and talk for hours about trite personal shit that I could care less about.

So what pushes your buttons at work?

My fingers.

istockphoto_8713832-fingers-and-keyboard.jpg

I do my absolute best to stay positive during my workday, and to not let the bitching and complaining and criticisms and the like, get the best of me. But ... at times it happens.

For example ... we have tools and resources all over the net. We have a team site set up for our department, yet I still have staff members call me up and as stupid questions!!!!

Educated adults with a degree and initials after their name, that can't seem to do the most simplest of tasks on their own. Ones who can't seem to follow a basic protocol. Ones that continually need to be spoon-fed. Funny y'know ... it's always the same ones!

Ring ring ....
Hi ______, can you give me the extension or pager number for so-and-so.
Did you look the person up in the directory? ( YOU ARE SITTING IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER!!! )
Oh yeah, I forgot about that ... or ... I don't have time. ( YET YOU HAD TIME TO CALL MY PHONE!!! )

Last edited:

No doubt the concept of 'making change' was utterly foreign to them as well. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What pushes my buttons at work? Incompetence. Wait, that irritates me no matter where I am . . .

Nothing much disturbs me at work because I am the boss. One thing I won't tolerate is backbiting and sliming fellow workers. Those people get put on the street in a heartbeat. Another is a supervisor taking credit for a subordinate's creativeness or new procedure. Those types I ease out the door as soon as I have someone ready to take over the position. It must work. We have a very low turnover rate annually and folks are generally happy here. The level of salary and benefits are also higher than industry level. That helps as well.

Forum List

Back