So what party do you join if you're basically a Democrat but don't support corruption?

It is quite apparent you do.

And you are not partisan! LOL Nice straight line.

So you ever make any other comment other than "lock step" it shows stupidity.

translation: I lack the IQ to say if I'm for or against freedom so I'll try to change the subject with a personal attack and hope that fools everyone about my IQ

if you march in lockstep, it does say something about YOUR IQ

I see someone as partisan as that, it's the first word to come to mind

Do you march in lockstep?
(think chain gang)

Do you parrot your masters script?

Do you play follow the leader with the head lemming?

if you march in lockstep, it does say something about YOUR IQ

(think chain gang)

another fool

Don 't try and make yourself look any more stupid than you have been. It is difficult for you. We all know.

(think chain gang)

another fool

Don 't try and make yourself look any more stupid than you have been. It is difficult for you. We all know.

(think chain gang)

another fool
better to follow yourself than a genius like Jefferson or Friedman!!

. I can only assume that he thinks conservative is an exact synonym for Republican.

dear, conservative has been closer to Republican since Jefferson and Madison founded the party in 1793.

Do you understand?
You clearly don't know the history of your own party then. Look, I'm from the South. What Yankee kids learned in history class I saw around town every day. Back in the day conservative Democrats owned my state, partially through intimidating and disenfranchising potential black Republican voters. That only changed with Nixon and the reorganizing of the parties.

. I can only assume that he thinks conservative is an exact synonym for Republican.

dear, conservative has been closer to Republican since Jefferson and Madison founded the party in 1793.

Do you understand?
You clearly don't know the history of your own party then. Look, I'm from the South. What Yankee kids learned in history class I saw around town every day. Back in the day conservative Democrats owned my state, partially through intimidating and disenfranchising potential black Republican voters. That only changed with Nixon and the reorganizing of the parties.
what subject is this fool on?????????

Do you understand?
As has been explained to you, the Democratic-Republican party founded in 1793 is gone. The current Republican party was originally the party of the former Whigs and abolitionists. They favored big government, Manifest Destiny, public education, and government involvement in the economy. The Democrats were the party of the Southern planters and other conservative factions. They were very much the opposite, being for the sovereignty of the states, white supremacy, and especially their right to run their business interests as they chose without taxation or regulation by the government.

After the War, it was Republican carpetbaggers coming down and being branded as damnyankees. It was Republican votes the Klansmen were trying to keep black people from casting. This dynamic of liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats stayed pretty much the same for the next century or so, with the only major changes being the Republicans' split into a pro-business faction and the old progressive tradition, the Democrats' absorption of the Populists, FDR's adoption of Progressive economics, and most especially Lyndon Johnson's adoption of Civil Rights as part of the official Democratic social agenda.

That last part is where it finally ended. The Southern whites fled the Democrats in droves to become Republicans. The liberal Republicans found themselves pushed out and became Democrats. That's the single biggest reason the parties are so diametrically opposed now. Just sixty years ago both had a much broader base and a spectrum of views could be found in either. 1964 was when the new "march in lock step with the party line or you're a heretic" mentality came into play.

Do you understand?
As has been explained to you, the Democratic-Republican party founded in 1793 is gone. The current Republican party was originally the party of the former Whigs and abolitionists. They favored big government, Manifest Destiny, public education, and government involvement in the economy. The Democrats were the party of the Southern planters and other conservative factions. They were very much the opposite, being for the sovereignty of the states, white supremacy, and especially their right to run their business interests as they chose without taxation or regulation by the government.

After the War, it was Republican carpetbaggers coming down and being branded as damnyankees. It was Republican votes the Klansmen were trying to keep black people from casting. This dynamic of liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats stayed pretty much the same for the next century or so, with the only major changes being the Republicans' split into a pro-business faction and the old progressive tradition, the Democrats' absorption of the Populists, FDR's adoption of Progressive economics, and most especially Lyndon Johnson's adoption of Civil Rights as part of the official Democratic social agenda.

That last part is where it finally ended. The Southern whites fled the Democrats in droves to become Republicans. The liberal Republicans found themselves pushed out and became Democrats. That's the single biggest reason the parties are so diametrically opposed now. Just sixty years ago both had a much broader base and a spectrum of views could be found in either. 1964 was when the new "march in lock step with the party line or you're a heretic" mentality came into play.

Why bother explaining?

She wasn't to live in her ignorance, and no amount of facts will change her mind.

I tired of reading her insanity

Do you understand?

Pretty much --- but the party shift where the RP took on the interests of the rich and the DP took on the Populists was much earlier, like the turn of the century. Represented largely by McKinley and Bryan, respectively. The South held its ground in spite of this shift, making for something of a bipolar party for another half-century, until LBJ released it. This was largely because associating with the "party of Lincoln" -- the man who defeated and humiliated it, and the party that didn't even exist in the South until after the war -- was unthinkable for 99 years thereafter.

But yes, absolutely the RP of 1854 and roughly the next half-century was the party of Liberalism, and of "big government", while the DP was then the party of "states rights". The same phrase was still hanging on for dear life as late as George Wallace, but by 1980 became the theme of Reagan's kickoff speech.

Forum List

Back