SO WHAT----part 2

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Bush Lied----SO WHAT !
OK folks, Instead of continuing to split hairs, defining and redefining terms, challenging time lines, I for the sake of the truth, will admit to the fact that Bush lied. I can't prove it but what difference does it really make ? Will he be the first President to lie? Will he be the last President to lie? He was president on 9/11 when the worst attack on American soil occured. He consoled the country and assured us that the perps of this crime would not go unpunished. We attacked Afghanistan with the support of nearly every country in the world. The taliban and terrorists we killed and sent running to the hills where they are still being hunted down and killed. This was the overt beginning of our war on world terrorism.
The administration decided, rightly or wrongly, that the next country that posed a threat to the US was Iraq. After REPEATED requests for action on the part of the UN , MANY attempts at forming the strongest coalition possible,
offers to Iraq that if Saddam and his family would leave we would not attack, the United States Military made good on our promise to attack.
The military was highly successful and the oppostion has diminished to rogue bombers and foreigners who hate democracy.
We are now in the process of returning the country to the Iraqis. The ability of Iraq to attack the United States or its neighbors has been destroyed and the Iraqis will be free to determine thier own fate. No it is not perfect--nothing is.
While the world continues to pick apart the events that preceeded the war, some things are certain. Afghanistan is no longer a viable terrorist training camp. Saddam is captured and his sons are dead. A new form of govt will take hold in Iraq. Thousands of people who would be happy to kill westerners are themselves dead. We have shown the world that we will defend ourselves with military strikes overseas if necessary. We have proved to ourselves that we can "go it alone" and become educated as to the ways of terrorism and new ways to fight it.
I don't care if the admininstration "lied" to accomplish these things and if they did one must ask themself why lies are necessary to protect the US from people who are still eager to destroy us. It is a "soft spot" in our countries overall defense plan? Is it people who refuse to believe the war on terror is real?Is it that political parties feel thier influence is slipping when prioties become one of self defense? Is it fear that we will encourage more attacks by defending ourselves. Are people just ignorant or apathetic to larger issues than themselves? I sure don't know but I'm tired of all the " liar liar pants on fire" posts that do not even acknowledge the WOT and offer no other solutions.
Yes our country is split but at least we still have one. We can identify leaders of the opposing factions and have an opportunity
(or responsibilty) to press these leaders to form a coalition OF America so that as a country, we can continue to thirve and help the peoples of other countries thrive too if they aren't to busy trying to destroy us.

Lie some more George if you must. The goals are too important to be left for the weak of heart, greedy,selfish and ambitious.

Even though new facts are out supporting the administrations postion on going to war, the left continues the " Bush lied" chant. Is that all they have to offer America? Thought I would revive my "SO WHAT" mantra.

Last edited by dilloduck on 06-27-2004 at 05:04 AM

Originally posted by Gop guy
I'm sorry, but I do not believe that he lied.

Hey I agree with this. Unlike that remark about blacks and voting for their own. JC Watts though, I'd vote for in a NYC minute, for President.

Forum List

Back