So What Is The Fucking Plan?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Normally, I avoid news stories about the middle east and the Wars, because they upset me so much. So I'll admit I'm an idijit about the matter. But I listened to the press releases from the white house this am about withdrawal from Afganistan by July 2011 and now I'm wondering: what is the fucking plan?

So far in this nine year long war, we have lost thousands of soliders and many more have been injured. So have the other nations of the coalition, as well as the Afgan people.

What purpose does it serve to stay there if we have already conceded defeat?

Its called a planned withdrawl.

You have to scale down in a way that protects the withdrawling troops as they leave.

Stupid question, but wtf would the enemy want to possibly RE-infuriate the withdrawing troops?

Or is it 'cuz the folks you're there to help get pissed off that you're kicking them to the curb?

It takes X amount of time to load up all the equipment, sure, but ask yourself how fast that might be possible if war broke out right here, within our country?

How's about we do it at THAT pace?

• Banned
I have a very pedestrain POV about this. What do we tell the family of any solider killed between now and July 2011?

"Whoopsie?"

If we are done, cannot win, have lost our focus, made a mistake going there, whatever -- then get the US soliders who are there out of harms' way NOW.

Normally, I avoid news stories about the middle east and the Wars, because they upset me so much. So I'll admit I'm an idijit about the matter. But I listened to the press releases from the white house this am about withdrawal from Afganistan by July 2011 and now I'm wondering: what is the fucking plan?

So far in this nine year long war, we have lost thousands of soliders and many more have been injured. So have the other nations of the coalition, as well as the Afgan people.

You make some very good points. I don't think there is a plan. It's a real mess. Time to come home. This President promised to have us out of Iraq & Afghanistan by next year. I expect him to stick to his promise. However,i have my doubts that he will. Ten years of Nation-Building is enough for me. Lets bring our kids home.

Why is it defeat? We spanked em for a while and now we are tired of it. How is that losing? Was there something to win?

Between you sucking up to crazy NewBarf and this stupid throwin your hands up on this thread... M-A-D-E-L-I-N-E!!!! You are getting on my last nerve!!!!

Not one single kid should be asked to die over there in Afghanistan between now and 2011 in my opinion. What's the point? We're leaving in 2011 so i see no reason to send our kids out to die at this point. They would just be wasted lives. The Wars are over. It's just not necessary for more kids to die. Now if this President goes back on his promises of getting out of Afghanistan & Iraq by 2011,that's a whole other problem. I'm still very skeptical that this President will deliver on these promises. I guess we'll see.

• Banned

Why is it defeat? We spanked em for a while and now we are tired of it. How is that losing? Was there something to win?

Between you sucking up to crazy NewBarf and this stupid throwin your hands up on this thread... M-A-D-E-L-I-N-E!!!! You are getting on my last nerve!!!!

Huh? Sucking up to Neubarth? When? You evil, hateful lying asshole, LOL.

I don't get this concept of "nation building". I can't be alone in thinking whatever government exists in Afghanistan now will collapse exactly 15 minutes after we withdraw.

BTW are we also ending the War in Iraq?

Huggy, donca never read your freakin' rep comments?

Huh? Sucking up to Neubarth? When? You evil, hateful lying asshole, LOL.

I don't get this concept of "nation building". I can't be alone in thinking whatever government exists in Afghanistan now will collapse exactly 15 minutes after we withdraw.

BTW are we also ending the War in Iraq?

Huggy, donca never read your freakin' rep comments?

Stop repping me ! I'm trying to enjoy my 69 er!:lol:

Forum List

Back