So what I dont believe in God?

What happened to this god who so regularly communicated to Jews and christians thousands of years ago? Why'd he disappear. He did come back and TT Mohammad and Joseph smith but not one baptist or catholic visits? Only demonic possession. Lol

God is ever present...and He still speaks.

Yes He does my friend. He has spoken to me and through me thousands of times since the first words He spoke to me on December 7th, 1979.

Glad to see religions reforming or evolving to take that out.

But dont act like its a small number of christians who believe non believers go to hell or dont go to heaven. The entire bible belt believes it. I'm sure Mormons too and Muslims.

I don't know about Muslims, but you are wrong about Mormon belief about hell. My assessment is that you are so angry about some Protestant teachings (a hell in its own right) that you zoomed right past the truth about God and settled into atheism.

The trouble with the majority of believers (and I include Catholics in this) is that religion, the history and historical context of religion, the context of scripture is so vast many do not bother with in depth study. Those (including atheists) who think they can read and correctly understand the Bible on their own are fooling themselves.

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?

You're problem may be simple. You are relying on your opinion of "good people." Good luck.

Plus you are talking to the wrong theists. Hell exists. On that we can be sure. Then when you ask "who cares if people don't believe," that really sounds ridiculous on its surface. I guess God has no idea what He is doing.

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?

You're problem may be simple. You are relying on your opinion of "good people." Good luck.

Plus you are talking to the wrong theists. Hell exists. On that we can be sure. Then when you ask "who cares if people don't believe," that really sounds ridiculous on its surface. I guess God has no idea what He is doing.

Where do you believe hell is?

I believe it is in the bowels of the earth with good reason. But you will not find it by digging.

I also believe that we cannot know with any great certainty exactly what is in store for those who end up in hell, even given the very real testimonies of those souls who have been allowed to visit hell for our edification. And there have been many, mostly saints.

The question of where hell is is irrelevant. The question of does hell really last forever cannot be answered nor should it be dwelt upon. The fact is we live on after we die, there is a judgement, and there is a heaven, a purgatory and a hell. That should be enough to keep our focus.

I see a LOT more threads on this board about how believers should NOT believe in God (are stupid, insane, ignorant, pick your juvenile insult) than I do about how non-believers are going to hell. Anyone see the contrary?

Because the theists on here know how stupid it is to say someones going to hell for not believing their religion. I guess we've made huge progress in just a few years.
So much progress that anti-theists become massive jerks?

I believe it is in the bowels of the earth with good reason. But you will not find it by digging.

I also believe that we cannot know with any great certainty exactly what is in store for those who end up in hell, even given the very real testimonies of those souls who have been allowed to visit hell for our edification. And there have been many, mostly saints.

The question of where hell is is irrelevant. The question of does hell really last forever cannot be answered nor should it be dwelt upon. The fact is we live on after we die, there is a judgement, and there is a heaven, a purgatory and a hell. That should be enough to keep our focus.

What do you think "spirit" means?

It means many different things, especially to many different kinds of people.

What is it you are trying to establish here?

:eusa_doh: Maybe you should just let Meriweather and theword handle this one. They are doing just fine

I asked YOU what you think "spirit" means, as in the biblical spirit. Spirit is just a symbolic word that has a much different meaning than what most people can understand.

Think of spirit as the "breath of life" in this passage;

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

What does it take to make a visible man move about in this world?

I asked YOU what you think "spirit" means, as in the biblical spirit. Spirit is just a symbolic word that has a much different meaning than what most people can understand.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Yes, fine. No argument.

Anything else?

I gave an opinion initially to the top poster's comments about hell. You then asked me where I thought hell might be for which I gave an answer. Now you switch to the word spirit and its various uses or misuses. Would you like to make the larger point you must be trying to establish?

Genesis 2

Yes, fine. No argument.

Anything else?

I gave an opinion initially to the top poster's comments about hell. You then asked me where I thought hell might be for which I gave an answer. Now you switch to the word spirit and its various uses or misuses. Would you like to make the larger point you must be trying to establish?

I'm showing you that you have no knowledge of God to know what hell or spirit mean.
Your responses reflect your lack of knowledge.

Well, obviously, we've beat this horse to death, many times over. Allow believers to believe, and allow non-believers to not believe, very simple, really. We're not going to change anyone's mind, and we're not going to make the world a better place to live by criticizing either side of the issue. This subject makes for non-productive conversation and debate. There is NO winning side to this argument, and I doubt there will be one until the very end comes. Do we continue to debate this, knowing in advance the outcome?
That's my point. That's what I hope religion becomes. Doesnt matter if a person believes. So now theists will vote for an athiest? Because last I checked athiests were the least electable people. Even pot smoking phalanderers ranked higher. So do you get why it matters that people stop caring if other people believe or not. Dont pretend it doesnt matter to you and your side when it clearly does very much.

I want to divide you theists. Make people realize how stupid any religion is that claims non believers are bad or go to hell.

Its all about reforming and upgrading religion. The old ways no longer work. Telling people they go to hell. Phooie.
Why did you infuse the "pot-smoking" qualification into it?
Google the survey or poll that found pot smokers & philanderers are more electable than athiests.
BS. It's impossible to know whether or not someone is an athiest. There's no test for it like there is for pot smokers.
They asked ppl who would you rather vote for.

A. Athiest
B. Pot smoker
C. Athiest

Athiest was the least popular.

Get it now? Google it. Google pot smoking philanderer more popular than athiest. Then talk to me.

Wha
no, it does not matter whether one believes in the Almighty but that does not change the fact the Spirit will be Judged before Admission to the Everlasting is granted ....

I know the flesh of man is judged to death during this first age but nowhere in the prophecies does it show the spirit of man will be judged before admission to Everlasting Life. In fact, the prophecies show that ALL God's people will be saved from this world and their flesh.

Isaiah 43

1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you. 14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations. 15: I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King."

I Corinthians 3:
13: each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14: If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15: If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
What happened to this god who so regularly communicated to Jews and christians thousands of years ago? Why'd he disappear. He did come back and TT Mohammad and Joseph smith but not one baptist or catholic visits? Only demonic possession. Lol

He's closer to you today than you can understand.
Not mad at him either. I just dont believe he exists. The more we learn about cosmology the sillier the god concept sounds.

I hate it that it gives comfort to so many because unfortunately it isnt necessary and it is or has held us back intellectually for 10,000 years. Before that it served a purpose that was harmless in fact it was helpful but then religions formed. Now its going away. But like evolution made us religious it'll take 10,000 to realize it.

If it wasn't for our Creator, cosmology wouldn't exist. Our Creator taught man everything he needed to know about his environment except for what is beyond the universe as we observe it.
t proof do you have?

But dont act like its a small number of christians who believe non believers go to hell or dont go to heaven. The entire bible belt believes it. I'm sure Mormons too and Muslims.

I don't know about Muslims, but you are wrong about Mormon belief about hell. My assessment is that you are so angry about some Protestant teachings (a hell in its own right) that you zoomed right past the truth about God and settled into atheism.

The trouble with the majority of believers (and I include Catholics in this) is that religion, the history and historical context of religion, the context of scripture is so vast many do not bother with in depth study. Those (including atheists) who think they can read and correctly understand the Bible on their own are fooling themselves.
I went from years of being a liberal christian who didn't believe in hell for non believers to a theist who didn't believe any organized religions to an athiest and now I'm an agnostic athiest which is the best position to have.

Funny we read your bible like you asked and when that didn't work you say we need to read more? Lol or we didn't get it? Yup! Made no sense and I read it as a believer. It helped me not believe.

I went from years of being a liberal christian who didn't believe in hell for non believers to a theist who didn't believe any organized religions to an athiest and now I'm an agnostic athiest which is the best position to have.

Funny we read your bible like you asked and when that didn't work you say we need to read more? Lol or we didn't get it? Yup! Made no sense and I read it as a believer. It helped me not believe.no no let him speak

I

If they put more thought into it they'd realize it isnt true.

Genesis 2

Yes, fine. No argument.

Anything else?

I'm showing you that you have no knowledge of God to know what hell or spirit mean.
Your responses reflect your lack of knowledge.

Ok. Thank you.

Can I assume you are the "sola scriptura" kind of believer?

The one who is in so much denial of further revelation, miracles, and the authority of the Catholic Church that they have no other option than to just pretend God has limited Himself to the words of the Bible --- and of course --- to your own special kind of way of interpreting those words --- and ignoring so many other passages?

Did you follow all that? You have painted yourself in a corner. You have no choice on what kind of answers you are allowed to provide, else your whole house of cards collapses.

Last edited:

Funny we read your bible like you asked and when that didn't work you say we need to read more? Lol or we didn't get it? Yup! Made no sense and I read it as a believer. It helped me not believe.

Keep in mind I believe there is a hell, but as a place of separation from God for those who choose to remain apart from Him. Who is this "we" who asked you to read the Bible in the way that was asked of you? Remember, it was Protestants who came up with the bright idea that anyone could interpret the Bible for him or herself. Now atheists are doing the same...in ways the original authors would never have imagined.

Agnostic atheist is not the best position to have. The best position is one of knowledge of the vast love God has for each one of us, and to worship with people who love God. I understand the problems people have with organized religion--any organized religion, but community is has its worth despite its failings.

Forum List

Back