Should the US leave the UN?

• Yes-Get us out and save money

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No- They are the only legitimate international body

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I like mashed potatoes

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Do you really want to compare U.S. laws with, say Libya? Are you actually making that comparison?
And if you cannot tell the difference between a democratic country and a non free one, do you have any moral compass at all?

What did you read? And, are you sober?

Btw, we're a republic; that would be what protects us from the tyranny of the majority. That fareal coexists with my own moral compass. Yours?

It worked to make his name synonymous with spineless diplomacy in the face of real threats to liberty.
If you consider that an accomplishment.

Only because of ignorant close-minded partisan blowhards like yourself. :thup:

You're right. When it comes to talking diplomacy with Nazis I am very closed minded. You don't negotiate with tyrants, you destroy them.

It worked to make his name synonymous with spineless diplomacy in the face of real threats to liberty.
If you consider that an accomplishment.

Only because of ignorant close-minded partisan blowhards like yourself. :thup:

You're right. When it comes to talking diplomacy with Nazis I am very closed minded. You don't negotiate with tyrants, you destroy them.

As *if* this needs to be said? Especially when it deals with Liberty of the people and encroachment of any Government. In this case the NAZI's whom sold a ill bill of masked goods to the people that blindly followed them on whole.

I don't think we have to get out entirely. We do need to scale back our involvement though. The UN does a lot of good around the world such as feeding & housing but they also do a lot of harm by being so incompetent & corrupt. The UN has unfortunately become a very useful tool for brutal regimes all over the world. These brutal regimes now use the UN as a gigantic soapbox for them to preach their hate propaganda. The UN is now very Dictator-friendly. That was certainly not what the UN was created for. They should probably scrap the current UN and start over. I'm sure that's not gonna ever happen though. So we should just scale back our involvement and assist them only in humanitarian efforts like feeding,clothing,and housing. That's my take anyway.

Couldn't the humanitarian missions be done more efficiently by bilateral organizations, like OAS or something?
The UN is extremely wasteful in how it spends money.

Couldn't the humanitarian missions be done more efficiently by bilateral organizations, like OAS or something?
The UN is extremely wasteful in how it spends money.

Yea i definitely hear ya on the waste stuff. I still think the UN does a good job overall in humanitarian aid though. Other than that,i have absolutely no faith in them at this point. The UN has become way too Dictator-friendly in my opinion. It is now being used by the brutal regimes of the world for propaganda purposes. I really do think Adolf Hitler would love this current UN. He probably couldn't have been defeated if he had a UN like this current one. It's time to revamp the UN. If they don't do this soon,we should put them on notice that our support will become limited. That's how i feel anyway.

Abandon the UN. It is nothing more than a global political tool for the left. The inefficiency is staggering, and an utter waste of resources.

Dump them in the ashcan of history. They used to have an honored place, but now they are nothing more than corrupt Communists, unworthy of our time and effort. Kick the UN out of New York, and tear down the building.

The U.N. has, over the years, morphed into a mutual admiration and support society for totalitarian societies (oft Anti-Israeli ones). It legitimizes brutal regimes by giving them peer status with free societies. It's basic purposes today are twofold: to feed a giant and growing bureaucracy and to sanction Israel for the audacity of protecting itself.

The U.S. should leave and create a group of freer societies without the bureaucracy. There is no reason why the existing diplomatic corps of each country couldn't provide representation to discuss international issues.

New Topics

Forum List

Back