So We Independents Visited Occupy Wall Street And...

They always make me laugh when they say shit like 'our voices are being heard around the world'. Umm, no it isn't. No one is paying any attention outside your own borders. In case y'all failed geography... the world is NOT America. Never has been, likely never will be.

And..... again.... if this is what they want, then where were they when the TEA Parties were doing it?

I'm sure they think that's what they're protesting for.... but it isn't. The man behind the mirror has a different agenda. Just sayin'.

why do you begrudge the people who actually see what's happened, while supporting the koch brothers' bought and paid for tea party?
the tea people are obama deranged old white people who started ranting about "taking back [their] government" the minute a black dem was elected and supported losers who pick judges who decided cases like Citizens United, while saying anyone who calls racists on their BS is racist. They oppose every single effort to support and bolster the middle class.

I hope that helps.

I don't 'begrudge' them. I laugh at their stupidity at times, but that's not 'begrudging'. Their 'protests' are bought and paid for by left wingers... including groups funded by Soros. So if the TEAs are irrelevant because of Koch, then so are OWS because of Soros. See how that works? What is fair is fair - apply it across the board or don't apply it. But applying it to one side and not the other... well... that could be seen as hypocrisy.

For the record, calling the TEAs racists is beneath you, Jillian. Seriously. That's so pathetic, please don't become one of the deranged lefties.

You're an idiot. Do you know they do with that money? Feed themselves. I live in NYC and have been to OWC twice, and it is organized. They have a kitchen set up and feed free meals to anyone who wants it. They are able to survive because of that money, and that gives them the strenght and ability to have more people there, hence, more ideas can be shared faster. Alas, they become stronger and more united. People drive in from all around to stay at the protests. To sleep at the park, because they believe in the movement. They have a library full of books for all to read and even take home. They have daily meetings and groups where they talk about things and share ideas. You think that the mere mentioning of soros as being one who gives money to them takes away their credibility... it is so idiotic. You don't know anything about OWS.

Last edited:
why do you begrudge the people who actually see what's happened, while supporting the koch brothers' bought and paid for tea party?
the tea people are obama deranged old white people who started ranting about "taking back [their] government" the minute a black dem was elected and supported losers who pick judges who decided cases like Citizens United, while saying anyone who calls racists on their BS is racist. They oppose every single effort to support and bolster the middle class.

I hope that helps.

I don't 'begrudge' them. I laugh at their stupidity at times, but that's not 'begrudging'. Their 'protests' are bought and paid for by left wingers... including groups funded by Soros. So if the TEAs are irrelevant because of Koch, then so are OWS because of Soros. See how that works? What is fair is fair - apply it across the board or don't apply it. But applying it to one side and not the other... well... that could be seen as hypocrisy.

For the record, calling the TEAs racists is beneath you, Jillian. Seriously. That's so pathetic, please don't become one of the deranged lefties.

You're an idiot. Do you know they do with that money? Feed themselves. I live in NYC and have been to OWC twice, and it is organized. They have a kitchen set up and feed free meals to anyone who wants it. They have a library for all to read. They have meetings and rallys. You think that the mere mentioning of soros as being one who gives money to them takes away their credibility... it is so idiotic. You don't know anything about OWS.

I usually disagree with her, but regardless of who is giving them money, how is a bunch of unemployed people setting up a kitchen, eating and giving out free meals evidence of them not being bought and paid for?

Where do these people who can't afford their college loans get this money? If anything you are providing evidence to the contrary of what you are stating....

You're an idiot. Do you know they do with that money? Feed themselves. I live in NYC and have been to OWC twice, and it is organized. They have a kitchen set up and feed free meals to anyone who wants it. They have a library for all to read. They have meetings and rallys. You think that the mere mentioning of soros as being one who gives money to them takes away their credibility... it is so idiotic. You don't know anything about OWS.

I usually disagree with her, but regardless of who is giving them money, how is a bunch of unemployed people setting up a kitchen, eating and giving out free meals evidence of them not being bought and paid for?

Where do these people who can't afford their college loans get this money? If anything you are providing evidence to the contrary of what you are stating....

Bought and paid for implies that they are submitting to the will to the payer, as is with the case in campaign contributions... that is not the case here. Soros doesn't slip a note along with the money, telling them what their beliefs are for that week. He is simply helping them survive, so they can continue to promote their message, because he agrees with them and wants them to prosper. More importantly, he's not the only one giving them money.

there is an occupy in London. The Telegraph spends a lot of time laughing at them. They aren't quite so criminal as the US version, but they do engage in a lot of fakery. (2/3s of the london tents are empty, according to one experiment the telegraph conducted. )

It's ridiculous to claim that the Occupies globally have the same agenda... they don't.

Oh great and wise svengali...what did your crystal ball tell you is the agenda in other places? Pray tell us.

These people are nothing like I expected. After talking with them in depth, we learned what they are really about. What is it?

Read Occupy

If you think it's worth sharing, pass it on.

Video is not up yet but it will be soon...

Yeah 50% are hippie acid freak Obama supporters

25% are angry at Obama but were Obama supporters

25% are libertarians calling for free market economics

Wait until they start fighting one another....:lol:

I would love to see a reporter ask them "at what temperature will you pack it up and go home"? what are they gonna do in december? build igloos and burn yule logs? live off of beer and canned food?

THis thing has grown WAY beyond the tent groups. It already dwarfs the Tea Party by an order of ten or more.
Whether they live in tents or not, their protests will continue with those of US who are homeowners.
At this point, I'm 100% behind their goals.
As far as liquidating my portfolio for a few months well, it's not like I've been making a killing lately anyway...

What are their goals?

And what the hell do you know? You weren't at NY you were talkin it was going to be 70 this weekend...

blah blah blah all you've done is lie and manipulate in this thread, you're full of it.

These people are nothing like I expected. After talking with them in depth, we learned what they are really about. What is it?

Read Occupy

I read that childish crap with the numerous typos and pathetic misunderstanding of business and politics, it is the writing of a naive clown. These asinine protests are the work of imbeciles. They remind me of the idiot communes that sprouted all over Northern California during the sixties. Groups of like minded simpletons that just knew that they could change the way things were done and all live together in peace and harmony. Most didn't last a year, some of the really serious ones lasted a little longer but none were successful. Some made headlines, you might remember the Manson "family". Communes didn't even work in comparatively tiny groups and yet these new "intellectuals" think they have the key to running the world in the same way. Human nature doesn't work that way, never has, never will.

My advice to these jerks is to leave this country and move to a place that encourages the stupidity they desire. Maybe then they will understand reality, might be too late but at least we the taxpayers won't have to support their useless asses.

By the way, I and most of the intelligent people I know, saw Obama for what he is years ago....skin color had absolutely nothing to do with it. These naive protesters voted for an empty suit that spent 730,000,000 dollars of special interest money to beat a 72 year old who spent $150,000,000 and buy the Presidency( a job that pays $400,000 A year). They were sold a load of crap and they are still buying into it......dimwits, all of them.

I work for a very large corporation that employes 80,000 people and makes their investors a lot of money, many of us own their stock so we are their investors. We all make a good living doing work we enjoy, helping people from around the world to travel in a relatively inexpensive and safe way very quickly. Besides the people that are directly employed, the many suppliers, corporations that also employ thousands, sell us their goods. It's so simple to lump corporations into an enemy of the common man but that is just what it is...... a simple idea to get the common idiot to be against what is actually millions of hard working individuals......... The crap these assholes are pushing is an insult to anyone with a brain.

I hope that helps.

You're an idiot. Do you know they do with that money? Feed themselves. I live in NYC and have been to OWC twice, and it is organized. They have a kitchen set up and feed free meals to anyone who wants it. They are able to survive because of that money, and that gives them the strenght and ability to have more people there, hence, more ideas can be shared faster. Alas, they become stronger and more united. People drive in from all around to stay at the protests. To sleep at the park, because they believe in the movement. They have a library full of books for all to read and even take home. They have daily meetings and groups where they talk about things and share ideas. You think that the mere mentioning of soros as being one who gives money to them takes away their credibility... it is so idiotic. You don't know anything about OWS.

Sorry kid, she made a valid point and your argument is weak. You're defending a bunch of lawless jerks that aren't accomplishing anything positive, just smelling up the place and screwing up a bunch of hard working parents' sons and daughters with their bullshit propaganda. It isn't a coincidence that Castro, Chavez, The American Nazi party, The American Communist party and a slew of other low lives including the imbecile in Air Force One (spending millions flying around on our dime to campaign), are supporting the clowns loitering in cities, disrupting actual working people's lives. Screw them and the assholes that support them, hope they all get infested with fleas........ that would be fitting, that is who they are..... the flea party.

So for all those OWS sheep who are crying for jobs here you go.

Jobs with no experience necessary and no college degree required paying up to 100K a year in North Dakota.

Finding jobs in America's Boomtown - Oct. 28, 2011

At 3.5%, North Dakota's unemployment rate is the lowest in the country. (Nationwide, the rate is 9.1%). But among the small towns that lie along the Bakken oil formation, like Williston, Watford City and Belfield, unemployment is just 1.5%.

Many of the highest-paying jobs are at oil companies, where workers make an average salary of about $100,000, often with little-to-no experience or need for a college degree.

But it's not just the oil companies that are hiring. The oil boom has brought such a big influx of people that every single industry -- from hospitality to retail -- has been hit with overwhelming demand as a result.

Driving down Main Street in the more than 20,000-person town of Williston, N.D., which has the highest average salary in the state of a little more than $57,000 and about 2,500 job openings at any given time, you'll see one hiring sign after another.

"If someone doesn't have a job here, they don't want to work,"

And this last line is what will define the whiners of OWS

Obama will run the first $Billion Campaign in History. Now where does all that cash come from? And please spare me the "regular people $1 donation" hype. Use your head and figure it out for yourself. That's why i always say it's a One-Party System. The two-party thing is just a scam. It's really all about the Democans and Republicrats in the end. But so many sheep just keep on running along with the herd. It's sad.

Read Occupy

Let me guess, you thought they were intelligent. I could have saved you a trip.

Read Occupy

I'm a little lost on how the housing crash has anything to do with the fact these people accumulated debt. They were going to regardless and be unemployed probably regardless.

It's also interesting how they are nothing like you expected when all I saw out of your posts was support and a optimistic/positive view on them from the beginning. Your logic is hardly independent.
They're just pissed because they can't get 6-figure jobs with degrees in art history and feminist studies. :lol:

They always make me laugh when they say shit like 'our voices are being heard around the world'. Umm, no it isn't. No one is paying any attention outside your own borders. In case y'all failed geography... the world is NOT America. Never has been, likely never will be.

And..... again.... if this is what they want, then where were they when the TEA Parties were doing it?

I'm sure they think that's what they're protesting for.... but it isn't. The man behind the mirror has a different agenda. Just sayin'.

I hope that helps.

That's why conservatives don't like liberals. Why did you have to bring race into the conversation? Why is it ok for you to attach negative connotations to being white, or old?

You want to bring the Koch brothers into this fine, without evidence, fine Sorros is responsible for OWS.

What a dumb statement about opposing every single effort to bolster the middle class.

Read Occupy

Yeah--and you probably should read this--heavy hitter--Occupiers dropping out--because you guys couldn't organize a 3 car run to a funeral let alone a national organization.

High-profile Occupy Denver protester quits over ideological differences - The Denver Post

Read Occupy

I'm a little lost on how the housing crash has anything to do with the fact these people accumulated debt. They were going to regardless and be unemployed probably regardless.

It's also interesting how they are nothing like you expected when all I saw out of your posts was support and a optimistic/positive view on them from the beginning. Your logic is hardly independent.

I guess you would call this an "optimistic/positive view":

""What a bunch of whackjobs! They have no central organization, no clear message and the people on tv look um "unbalanced". Seriously, they're pooping in public? WTF?"Now I have learned at least part of their primary mission:
Eliminate the influence of Corporatism and Lobbyists from the election process and give the power over elected representatives back to the people.
Well that sounds reasonable to me! deja vu
I wonder what THIS group will evolve into?
I'm not seeing great things but who knows?"

Ya see junior, that's not called overly optimistic or sympathetic. It's called an open-mind. I didn't like them at first but I didn't believe all the BS you spew because my thoughts and opinions are not fed to me that way yours are. Of course there are MASSIVE problems with them. And who knows what they will become. I acknowledge that. On the other hand, I have found a very clear message about getting Unions, PACs, Corps & Lobbyists out of government, that I can appreciate. About not giving money away to foreign countries. About not giving any more bailouts. Maybe you're all for those things but I'm not, so I acknowledge the good and bad in OWS OR the Tea Party. And I have in both. Independent thought is like that. YOu should try it some time! :eusa_angel:

I didn't see anything about the housing crash - so not sure what you're referring to there. I did see something about them not liking the tax codes that make it advantageous for major corporations to ship jobs overseas. What is your problem with that?

So whereas you perceive my logic to be "hardly independent", it's obvious yours is non-existent. the only "logic" you have is that which you are told to have by those who tell you what to think. :eusa_angel:

Your BFF,

FS

Last edited:

Total BS. It is making the news down here and there is a movement down here doing the same. There is also a similar movement outside St Pauls cathedral in London, which has lead to the Dean of said cathedral resigning.

companies should not have the same rights as people......that is hardly a fringe idea....
somehow companies have literally taken on a 'life' its immoral to give a profit making company the same rights as the average person

Fine, if you want to take away the power of people to sue corporations than you are free to want that. Personally, I dont want that.

I would love to see a reporter ask them "at what temperature will you pack it up and go home"? what are they gonna do in december? build igloos and burn yule logs? live off of beer and canned food?

THis thing has grown WAY beyond the tent groups. It already dwarfs the Tea Party by an order of ten or more.
Whether they live in tents or not, their protests will continue with those of US who are homeowners.
At this point, I'm 100% behind their goals.
As far as liquidating my portfolio for a few months well, it's not like I've been making a killing lately anyway...

You are for overthrowing the Republic through violent revolution?

That's a shame.

companies should not have the same rights as people......that is hardly a fringe idea....
somehow companies have literally taken on a 'life' its immoral to give a profit making company the same rights as the average person

Fine, if you want to take away the power of people to sue corporations than you are free to want that. Personally, I dont want that.

So you're logic is that if companies are not considered people, they can't be sued? So anything that can be sued must be a person. So anything that has something in common with a person must be a person. So anything that can be pushed down is a person. Therefore by your logic, cows are people.

Obviously I was being absurd. As is your assertation that not labeling companies as people, makes them impervious to litigation. BTW, the people who support companies being called people, also support tort reform. A person can be sued for all they're worth. A major company can't, under tort reform.
Are you against tort reform?

Read Occupy

Having spoken to many of the morons hanging out there, they are total clueless idiots. Most of them holding signs like "End the Fed" don't even know WTF the Fed does, what an investment bank is, etc. Don't take my word for it, ask them.

One pisshead was holding a sign that said: "Take all of your money out of JP Morgan" and I asked why...she said the bank could not survive without retail deposits.

I explained to the genius that most of JPM's profits come from IB/prop trading/prime brokerage, and in fact would probably drop retail banking if they could since it is such a low-margin business. They keep it so that the Fed will allow them to continue to call themselves a "bank". She just looked at me with her mouth open, like I had just explained how breathing works...

The people listening to me just smiled, some laughed, and walked away.

Hilariously clueless idiot = OWS.

Forum List

Back