So We Independents Visited Occupy Wall Street And...

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
These people are nothing like I expected. After talking with them in depth, we learned what they are really about. What is it?

Read Occupy

If you think it's worth sharing, pass it on.

Video is not up yet but it will be soon...

President Obama, you promised us Hope and Change. You promised
obama-stimulus.jpg
to get the Lobbyists out of the White House. Instead of being a historical president, you kept them and turned out to be just another empty suit. Did you think we wouldn’t notice?

Occupy Wall Street is does not support any political party or candidate because they are all owned by Corporate America now.

The above describes, I suspect, the central belief of the OWS.

Certainly it describes the central complaint of everyone that I know who supports the OWS movement.

Not a single so called "leftie" I know is a big fan of Obama, or of the DNC, either.

Admittedly they loathe the GOP openly, but their disgust for the aggregate of what the Democratic party now stands for isn't a secret, either.

I believe that the OWS movment represents the concerns and anger of about half the nation's popualtion.

In terms of passive supporter (those who agree but who do not participate) I think the OWS movement is a larger populist movement than the Tea Party.

They always make me laugh when they say shit like 'our voices are being heard around the world'. Umm, no it isn't. No one is paying any attention outside your own borders. In case y'all failed geography... the world is NOT America. Never has been, likely never will be.

And..... again.... if this is what they want, then where were they when the TEA Parties were doing it?

I'm sure they think that's what they're protesting for.... but it isn't. The man behind the mirror has a different agenda. Just sayin'.

there is an occupy in London. The Telegraph spends a lot of time laughing at them. They aren't quite so criminal as the US version, but they do engage in a lot of fakery. (2/3s of the london tents are empty, according to one experiment the telegraph conducted. )

there is an occupy in London. The Telegraph spends a lot of time laughing at them. They aren't quite so criminal as the US version, but they do engage in a lot of fakery. (2/3s of the london tents are empty, according to one experiment the telegraph conducted. )

It's ridiculous to claim that the Occupies globally have the same agenda... they don't.

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo

It would be interesting if it were worldwide. Imagine if religious principles of faith hope and charity were worldwide or business practices of honesty, fairness were worldwide, or if politics worked for the people and not for the corporation or only the candidate worldwide? That would be utopia and it never works even when enforced by the gun. So what to do, what to do, all our candidates here and worldwide operate in a system, the system manages the outcome. They are one person same as us. While Obama has failed in many larger issues, American soldiers are now freer, many teachers, and police and firemen still have a job, and the last two supreme court are a hell of a lot better than most of the others. So we can whine, or we can do small acts of support for the good guys, and for positive human values. Buy and support the American worker for instance. Maybe all together, well maybe enough together, can reinvent that not so utopian but often missing value and the Golden Rule will finally get some work.

"Old-fashioned laissez-faire in its pure form has fewer proponents today, but it is still conventional, among experts as well as in common discourse, to speak of "the economy" as an entity as though it were quite separate from government and society. Instead of these familiar but, we think, misleading distinctions we shall use the older, more accurate term "political economy." This term implies that economic activity is part of a larger social whole; the economy can be completely isolated from politics only in a game." Taming the Savage Market

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned." UBI and the Flat Tax

"What improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconveniency to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable." The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith

Last edited:
We are small to medium sized business-owners

This line is bullshit. No small business owner has the time to hang out with a bunch of spoiled whining brats because they're too busy running their businesses.
Mr. Romney, big companies are not people. WE are people. Yet you and corporate raiders like you, do everything for the 1% and nothing for the rest of us.

Why aren't you doing something for yourself instead of demanding that others do shit for you?

We want our government to stop rewarding corporate greed and fraud with bailouts, subsidies and tax breaks.

But here you are demanding and accepting your own government bail outs like Obammy's new student loan forgiveness plan or the mortgage refinance plan. You accept all kinds of refundable tax credits at the expense of others. You got yourself into debt so if you don't want to be hypocrites then you should get yourselves out of it.

1. Pull every dime you have out of the major banks and put them in credit unions or small, local banks. If your country means more to you than a few extra dollars in your portfolio, liquidate it. Who’s that going to hurt? Those who make their living on Wall Street. The 1%

This just shows the OWS ignorance. If you liquidate a portfolio and put it all into a credit union earning less than 1% who will it hurt? Really are you supposed college grads and business owners that fucking stupid?

We don’t want handouts. We don’t want to end capitalism. We just want a government that prioritizes workers over Wall Street. Constituents over Corporations.

You do want hand outs. This whole "give me a job" attitude is nothing but begging for a handout. If the governor of a city where you sheep are shitting all over the place offered $10 dollar an hour jobs doing grounds maintenance and street sweeping cleaning up the mess you pigs make would you take the jobs and stop blaming everyone else for your problems?

Somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:
Baruch,

Yes there are OWS sympathetic protests world-wide and you and I both know why, too.

The basic tenent of the OWS movement --that the problems facing representatitive governments world wide IS the corporate takeover of society -- resonates with people worldwide.

The TEA PARTY movement doesn't have that kind of support worldwide.

The SCAMOCRACIES are being exposed for what they really are , Barach.

But the SCAMOCRACIES are far from over.

We've seen this kind of great awakening happen before, and we have seen the populist movements go back to sleep, too.

And this is basically what I expect will happen as it regards both the OWS and TP movements.

Populist movements are co-opted by the system, a few bones are thrown their way, and the people go back to their own lives satisfied that they've changed something, when in fact they've changed nothing real.

They always make me laugh when they say shit like 'our voices are being heard around the world'. Umm, no it isn't. No one is paying any attention outside your own borders. In case y'all failed geography... the world is NOT America. Never has been, likely never will be.

And..... again.... if this is what they want, then where were they when the TEA Parties were doing it?

I'm sure they think that's what they're protesting for.... but it isn't. The man behind the mirror has a different agenda. Just sayin'.

why do you begrudge the people who actually see what's happened, while supporting the koch brothers' bought and paid for tea party?
the tea people are obama deranged old white people who started ranting about "taking back [their] government" the minute a black dem was elected and supported losers who pick judges who decided cases like Citizens United, while saying anyone who calls racists on their BS is racist. They oppose every single effort to support and bolster the middle class.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Baruch,

Yes there are OWS sympathetic protests world-wide and you and I both know why, too.

The basic tenent of the OWS movement --that the problems facing representatitive governments world wide IS the corporate takeover of society -- resonates with people worldwide.

The TEA PARTY movement doesn't have that kind of support worldwide.

The SCAMOCRACIES are being exposed for what they really are , Barach.

But the SCAMOCRACIES are far from over.

We've seen this kind of great awakening happen before, and we have seen the populist movements go back to sleep, too.

And this is basically what I expect will happen as it regards both the OWS and TP movements.

Populist movements are co-opted by the system, a few bones are thrown their way, and the people go back to their own lives satisfied that they've changed something, when in fact they've changed nothing real.

Yeah the TP is restricted to the USA as the rest of the world just scratch their heads when presented with Palin and Beck.

why do you begrudge the people who actually see what's happened, while supporting the koch brothers' bought and paid for tea party?
the tea people are obama deranged old white people who started ranting about "taking back [their] government" the minute a black dem was elected and supported losers who pick judges who decided cases like Citizens United, while saying anyone who calls racists on their BS is racist. They oppose every single effort to support and bolster the middle class.

I hope that helps.

Hey NOW! Not all old deranged white people belong to the TP. I don't.

I hope that helps.

Hey NOW! Not all old deranged white people belong to the TP. I don't.

apologies. :D

I hope that helps.

I don't 'begrudge' them. I laugh at their stupidity at times, but that's not 'begrudging'. Their 'protests' are bought and paid for by left wingers... including groups funded by Soros. So if the TEAs are irrelevant because of Koch, then so are OWS because of Soros. See how that works? What is fair is fair - apply it across the board or don't apply it. But applying it to one side and not the other... well... that could be seen as hypocrisy.

For the record, calling the TEAs racists is beneath you, Jillian. Seriously. That's so pathetic, please don't become one of the deranged lefties.

Last edited:
companies should not have the same rights as people......that is hardly a fringe idea....
somehow companies have literally taken on a 'life' its immoral to give a profit making company the same rights as the average person

companies should not have the same rights as people......that is hardly a fringe idea....
somehow companies have literally taken on a 'life' its immoral to give a profit making company the same rights as the average person

They are not living breathing biological beings. They are institutions created by man with no feelings, no empathy, no compassion, no respect for law. Only profits.

They are a tool for man, they should serve man, not man serve them.

These people are nothing like I expected. After talking with them in depth, we learned what they are really about. What is it?

Read Occupy

If you think it's worth sharing, pass it on.

Video is not up yet but it will be soon...

This will probably be the only time I give this group any props what so ever.

They announced they are going to protest peppermint pork Patty Murray.

If they do that I will even donate some dollars.

I hope that helps.

Let's see the evidence that the Tea Party was bought and paid for by the Koch brothers.

And when you fail to produce such evidence, you need to shut the fuck up about it.

Forum List

Back