So we are to believe that we are in an economic recovery?

No, not if you’re a partisan rightist hack.

Sears closing 100 stores has more to do with Wal*Mart and Home Depot/Lowe’s than the economy.

Otherwise:

The Post Hoc Fallacy is committed whenever one reasons to a causal conclusion based solely on the supposed cause preceding its "effect". Of course, it is a necessary condition of causation that the cause precede the effect, but it is not a sufficient condition. Thus, post hoc evidence may suggest the hypothesis of a causal relationship, which then requires further testing, but it is never sufficient evidence on its own.

Post Hoc also manifests itself as a bias towards jumping to conclusions based upon coincidences.

Logical Fallacy: Post Hoc

Did I also lay off my employees because I'm a partisan hack?

Did I sell off new trucks and equipment because I'm a partisan hack?

Is my business close to going under because I'm a partisan hack?

Did I invest in additional advertising because I'm a partisan hack?

Your ignorant assumptions about my motives only prove it is you who is the partisan hack.

Fuck off scrub

I didn't know anyone was shopping at KMart or Sears after like........1995

I think its regional. We have tons of them here.

We have a ton here - there is one right across the street as a matter of fact.

I live within walking distance (less than a mile) of any chain-store or restaurant you could imagine.

Ours closed last year. It seems there is a lack of the big ticket item sales ( appliances, etc., ) that Sears has to sell to stay afloat. Evolution. If you can't/don't compete you lose.

I think its regional. We have tons of them here.

We have a ton here - there is one right across the street as a matter of fact.

I live within walking distance (less than a mile) of any chain-store or restaurant you could imagine.

Ours closed last year. It seems there is a lack of the big ticket item sales ( appliances, etc., ) that Sears has to sell to stay afloat. Evolution. If you can't/don't compete you lose.
All true. (That is if you're "too big to fail)...then all bets are off...:eusa_whistle:

Sears closing 100 stores has more to do with Wal*Mart and Home Depot/Lowe’s than the economy.

Otherwise:

The Post Hoc Fallacy is committed whenever one reasons to a causal conclusion based solely on the supposed cause preceding its "effect". Of course, it is a necessary condition of causation that the cause precede the effect, but it is not a sufficient condition. Thus, post hoc evidence may suggest the hypothesis of a causal relationship, which then requires further testing, but it is never sufficient evidence on its own.

Post Hoc also manifests itself as a bias towards jumping to conclusions based upon coincidences.

Your ignorant assumptions about my motives only prove it is you who is the partisan hack.

Fuck off scrub

I didn't believe you had enough integrity to respond. You proved me right.

Otherwise:

Fuck off scrub

A lot of Republicans say that if someone fails, it's because they deserve to fail. And if someone succeeds it's because they're better than everyone else.

I used to play a lot of poker. I noticed when the cards fell my way, I thought I was a fucking genius. It's only wham they fell against me I noticed there was a certain amount of luck involved.

I'm curious what you think.

Otherwise:

Fuck off scrub

A lot of Republicans say that if someone fails, it's because they deserve to fail. And if someone succeeds it's because they're better than everyone else.

I used to play a lot of poker. I noticed when the cards fell my way, I thought I was a fucking genius. It's only wham they fell against me I noticed there was a certain amount of luck involved.

I'm a poker genius too. Who knew? Lol

But seriously all things being open and level then anyone has a chance to succeed. I'm proof considering my dubious background. Having said that let's look at the current circumstances.

My business model has not changed.
My prices haven't increased.
My suppliers haven't raised prices.
My quality hasn't declined.
My reputation has grown not shrunk.
I've won awards again this year from my customers VIA angieslist.
The only thing that has changed is my customer base is shrinking because of the economy.

I think the bigger idea that republicans are trying to make is that through self determination anything can be achieved. I also believe most republicans would admit that in this current economic climate all bets are off.

I wonder if the OP is happy that the economy isn't recovering that fast.

Sears and K-Mart are losing to Wal Mart. Judge the climate, not the weather. The economy is slowly getting better. Bush really screwed things up and Obama didn't help much.

Of course I love it not getting better. It's great for my own business which I survive off of.

Think before you post next time.

You would do well to follow your own advice, for a change. Remember back when you supported Cain? Or was it Perry? Or was it Newt? Or was it Bachman? Oh well, they're all the same, aren't they?

Fuck off scrub

But seriously all things being open and level then anyone has a chance to succeed. I'm proof considering my dubious background. Having said that let's look at the current circumstances.

The only thing that has changed is my customer base is shrinking because of the economy.

I think the bigger idea that republicans are trying to make is that through self determination anything can be achieved. I also believe most republicans would admit that in this current economic climate all bets are off.

So what are you doing to recruit new customers? Posting on an internet message board? LOL...yeah...you're really working hard there gramps.

I wonder if the OP is happy that the economy isn't recovering that fast.

Sears and K-Mart are losing to Wal Mart. Judge the climate, not the weather. The economy is slowly getting better. Bush really screwed things up and Obama didn't help much.

Of course I love it not getting better. It's great for my own business which I survive off of.

You would do well to follow your own advice, for a change. Remember back when you supported Cain? Or was it Perry? Or was it Newt? Or was it Bachman? Oh well, they're all the same, aren't they?

Cain, and when he started making stupid statements I withdrew my support. Long before the scandal broke. Your point?

So what are you doing to recruit new customers? Posting on an internet message board? LOL...yeah...you're really working hard there gramps.

I've spent all my tangible money on new advertising I can. What do you suggest I do? A Vulcan mind meld to convince people they need my services despite not being able to afford them?

I've spent all my tangible money on new advertising I can. What do you suggest I do? A Vulcan mind meld to convince people they need my services despite not being able to afford them?

Something more constructive than your nightly bitch-fest on an obscure internet message board may be a good start....upping your meds may help too.

Cain, and when he started making stupid statements I withdrew my support. Long before the scandal broke. Your point?

You don't do much thinking before you post....otherwise you would have self-vetted your candidate more thoroughly, gramps.

Something more constructive than your nightly bitch-fest on an obscure internet message board may be a good start....upping your meds may help too.

It may not help but nor does it hurt. Besides it is a relief to share frustrations.

You don't do much thinking before you post....otherwise you would have self-vetted your candidate more thoroughly, gramps.

That's exactly what I did. Sorry it didn't meet your timeline. I still got months to make a decision. No rush.

It may not help but nor does it hurt. Besides it is a relief to share frustrations.

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back