So, we are going off the fiscal cliff, No budget in almost 4 years

Are you talking about the little speed bump that will cut a whole 12 days worth of spending per year. I don't think that really qualifies as a cliff. They tend to blow things out of proportion in Washington. And if the Clinton rates are good enough for the top 2%, their good enough for the rest of us.

The Clinton tax code was fine for all of us when the economy was doing well, but raising the taxes on the lower and middle classes during a recession that was caused by Wall St. gambling is wrong.

According to Maobama in 2010 raising taxes on anyone in a recession is bad, yet here we are. He campaigned all last year wanting 80 billion a year from the rich, when the house offered it up on a platter, he said no. What ever happens now is on him. He's trying to hold the economy hostage over semantics and ideology, so fuck him. The house should tell him take it or leave it, and let him decide if your taxes goes up. The MSM will spin it as the republicans fault no matter what happens so they may as well draw the line in the sand here.

Really? Why did he say no?

Are you talking about the little speed bump that will cut a whole 12 days worth of spending per year. I don't think that really qualifies as a cliff. They tend to blow things out of proportion in Washington. And if the Clinton rates are good enough for the top 2%, their good enough for the rest of us.

The Clinton tax code was fine for all of us when the economy was doing well, but raising the taxes on the lower and middle classes during a recession that was caused by Wall St. gambling is wrong.

According to Maobama in 2010 raising taxes on anyone in a recession is bad, yet here we are. He campaigned all last year wanting 80 billion a year from the rich, when the house offered it up on a platter, he said no. What ever happens now is on him. He's trying to hold the economy hostage over semantics and ideology, so fuck him. The house should tell him take it or leave it, and let him decide if your taxes goes up. The MSM will spin it as the republicans fault no matter what happens so they may as well draw the line in the sand here.

This stupid tax on the top 2% is just in spite...Doens't make any economic sense at all.

The left are full of retards. :eusa_shhh: They really do remind me of Morsi in Eygpt.

Defense is also a huge part of our economy employing millions of people. You want to talk about another recession?

Republicans love militarism Keynesianism, but hate funding teachers.

Why am i not surprised?

Funding teachers is not a federal responsibility, that's up to local and state governments.

The marxist want it to be funded by a centralised system like in China or Solivet union.

Defense is also a huge part of our economy employing millions of people. You want to talk about another recession?

Why am i not surprised?

We do fund teachers but their methods are failing. Why fund failure more??? You leftist stand in the way of giving people choices within education and punishing teachers not doing their jobs.

Yet you bitch at us?

Obviously they are failing when a large segment of the population denies evolution, believes that the Earth is 7,000 years old, denies global warming, believes that tax cuts increase revenues, attacks Nate Silver and the BLS for their statistical methods with no substance, and believe that women can natural prevent pregnancy from a rape.

I am all for creating more efficiency in our public educational system, but some people are incapable of learning due to their ideological belief system.

Why am i not surprised?

Funding teachers is not a federal responsibility, that's up to local and state governments.

I know this. However, many states have to balance the budget by law. During the economic crisis, without relief from the federal government, they had to fire off many state employees (e.g. teachers, policemen, air traffic controllers, emergency responders, etc.)

Obama did try (rather half-assed) to passed a bill that would allow states to keep more public employees on the payrolls. Of course, what did the GOP do? They blocked it.

However, when it came to election time, the GOP was advocating that we not reduce military spending, but increase it. Why? Since they claim it creates jobs.

The the GOP are militant Keynesians. They have no problem appealing to Keynesian AD ideas regarding the military, but then attack funding for school teachers and call it communism.

Forum List

Back