So we a Theocracy now?...

Obama: I Pushed Dodd-Frank And Health Care Reform Because Of Christ

^Imagine Bush Invoking Christ for the Justification for his Actions regarding Legislation...

:)

peace...

I can't wait to see all the liberals jump on Obama for this...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... Ain't gonna happen.

He could get caught blowing Larry Sinclair and then come out and Claim he was Possessed by the Devil and that Jesus Christ Freed him and then ask us to Believe in Christ as our Saviour with him, and they'd Applaud it.

They're Fuckin' Retarded... It's the only Explanation. :thup:

:)

peace...

How are him mention the baby Jesus at a Prayer breakfast!

Impeach, Impeach.

insane is all I can say.
link in article at site.

SNIP:
posted at 1:20 pm on February 2, 2012 by Tina KorbeThis morning, at the National Prayer Breakfast, Barack Obama cited Scripture as justification for his policy agenda — from reforming health care to ensuring that financial institutions play by fair rules to taxing the rich. BuzzFeed’s Zeke Miller reports:

The president said he often falls to his knees in prayer, and emphasized the role of his religious values in determining where to lead the country.
“I’d be remiss if I stopped there; if my values were limited to personal moments of prayer or private conversations with pastors or friends. So instead, I must try — imperfectly, but I must try — to make sure those values motivate me as one leader of this great nation.”
Obama maintained that his call for the wealthiest to give up their tax breaks, he’s doing so out of economic necessity, but also in line with biblical teachings.

“And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense. But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that ‘for unto whom much is given, much shall be required,’” Obama said, noting Jewish and Islamic teachings say much the same thing.

It surprises me to encounter the president using this tactic. In the first place, the specific example he cites above is misapplied. When the president establishes a policy direction — and Congress follows it — his decisions don’t just affect him. When he promotes increased taxation of “the rich,” he’s not merely giving up his own tax breaks as he implies — he’s also suggesting the government should be able to force others to pay more in taxes, as well. That’s just obvious — and to say otherwise actually makes the president look more confused than anything. Here, we seem to have an out-of-water Obama who wants very desperately to pander but doesn’t quite know how.

read it all and comments..
Obama: Biblical principles prompted me to push for Dodd-Frank and Obamacare « Hot Air

Jesus/God is/was a lot of things to lot of people to some he is vengeful god poised to smite and for some he was a simple man with some profound things to say. My own liberalism grew out of my interpretation of who Jesus was, an example, his example demands of me to care for my fellow humans.

Jesus/God is/was a lot of things to lot of people to some he is vengeful god poised to smite and for some he was a simple man with some profound things to say. My own liberalism grew out of my interpretation of who Jesus was, an example, his example demands of me to care for my fellow humans.

And how do you do that?

And how do you do that?

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’

Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'"
(Matthew 25.35-40 ESV)

And how do you do that?

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’

Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'"
(Matthew 25.35-40 ESV)

I didn't ask you. And I've read the Bible. :rolleyes:

BTW: taking MY money to do all those things doesn't make YOU a humanitarian.

He's just trying to win over the Catholics who are angry at the health care bill, forcing them to sell contraceptions in their organizations.

Holy War Over Health Care Law? Obama Angers Catholic Leaders | Fox News

He has to win back their votes. I don't think it worked. :)

That was my first thought when I heard the reference this morning to Obama's talking about his "faith" and healthcare.

But since it was at the National Prayer Breakfast, it could just be that he needed to figure out a way to work his resume into the address and came up with "Jesus would have wanted me to violate the constitution multiple times."

The man can't even attend a Prayer Breakfast without turning it into all about HIM..

yeah, God told me I needed to raise taxes on my people I Represent..

what a fraud.

Forum List

Back