So wasn't the big opposition to socialized medicine wait time?

Just curious since I just spent an hour in the waiting room for a check up? Great freedom medicine yeah!!!

An hour...? Wow...... :rolleyes:

Ive got insurance and I usually plan on an hours waiting time.... so freeking what!

American medicine is the best in the world... or it was, and I am happy to wait an hour if thats what it takes in order to see the doctor of MY choosing.

How do you know it's the best?
You're gonna have to excuse The Infidel.

The Infidel should be working on homework, presently. (See: freeking & thats :rolleyes: )

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mCDZMWVWuc[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjaUdJ9qOOc[/ame]​

I have friends in England Ireland and Sweden and they never have to wait for anything... they just go to the doctor when they need to. I do remember having to wait 3 months for an MRI appointment before my knee surgery... Freedumb medicine rocks!!!

Yeah, I had to wait 4 days for my MRI. Your right, freedom medicine does rock!
I think I would have gotten rid of your hmo, imho :eusa_whistle:

Strange, the Mrs and I had our 3 month check up with our family Doctor this past Tuesday. I didn't even get a chance to sit down in the waiting room. We were in and out in less than an hour and that included blood work and an EKG besides the check up with the Doc. And he tells me he expects to see fewer patients because of new regulations and something about computers....
wow......"something about computers", huh??

Sounds like you were almost paying-attention.
323.png

Just curious since I just spent an hour in the waiting room for a check up? Great freedom medicine yeah!!!

Ive got insurance and I usually plan on an hours waiting time.... so freeking what!

American medicine is the best in the world... or it was, and I am happy to wait an hour if thats what it takes in order to see the doctor of MY choosing.

The King a Saudi Arabia needed medical care. He has all the money he needs to go anywhere and buy anything. When he needed medical care, he chose to come to the USA to get it.

The King a Saudi Arabia needed medical care. He has all the money he needs to go anywhere and buy anything. When he needed medical care, he chose to come to the USA to get it.

Take a drive up to Mayo and look which countries' planes are at the airport near there.

Did you make an appointment? If yes, you probably need to find a different doctor.

The guy I see schedules appointments rationally and gets me in and out. The great thing about our current system is that if you don't like the service you're getting, you can go elsewhere.

Do you tolerate bad service in all things you buy or just medical care?

Did you make an appointment? If yes, you probably need to find a different doctor.

The guy I see schedules appointments rationally and gets me in and out. The great thing about our current system is that if you don't like the service you're getting, you can go elsewhere.

Free enterprise works quite nicely.

The only reason why I am willing to put up with an hour wait (not always, but a time or 2) is the fact that I like the doctor, and its worth it to me.

The freedom to find another one is nice though.

I've noticed something in this thread... the libs seem to have really weak arguements. Seems like you guys are just arguing for arguements sake. :eusa_whistle:
I mean, you tow the line no matter how silly it sounds. (i.e. questioning whether USA has the best medical system in the world)

The only reason why I am willing to put up with an hour wait (not always, but a time or 2) is the fact that I like the doctor, and its worth it to me.

I've noticed something in this thread... the libs seem to have really weak arguements. Seems like you guys are just arguing for arguements sake. :eusa_whistle:
I mean, you tow the line no matter how silly it sounds. (i.e. questioning whether USA has the best medical system in the world)

Ir seems that it's the libs that have the problem with waiting lines. I never heard of a 3 month wait for an MRI in this country. Hell a month ago I got a CT scan. The dr. called it in and I had an appointment the next day. I guess I'm just lucky.

Ir seems that it's the libs that have the problem with waiting lines. I never heard of a 3 month wait for an MRI in this country. Hell a month ago I got a CT scan. The dr. called it in and I had an appointment the next day. I guess I'm just lucky.

Hmm... go figure

I once waited in line for an hour to buy tickets to a concert. BFD!

You people need to get a fuckin' grip on reality! JESUS!

Yep! I heard that John French Kerry had a problem waiting in line for ice cream...thought his name meant shit!

And this experience caused you to objectively conclude that had you been in a UHC system your wait would have been shorter, how exactly?

I've only had one very serious illness, thankfully. I needed various tests and at length a pretty intense operation involving a 5 day stay in the hospital and a six week recuperation period.

I had insurance, again, thankfully.

The tests all happened pretty rapid fire and the operation followed all within about a 3 week period of time. It was really very quick and the waiting involved only gave me time to order my affairs at work and get others set to take on the duties that I would not be handling.

As far as the waiting for any given treatment, the longest wait was the first visit to an e-room at the onset of symptoms. After that, all the treatments were pretty well defined and my recovery was slow and steady.

My own experience with our medical care system is pretty satisfying. I'm not dead and I would have been from the same illness as recently as 1960.

By any standards in the history of the world prior to 1960, my existance today is a miracle.

Forum List

Back