So, Waffen SS in Latvian kindergartens is OK…

Mary87

Rookie
Jul 2, 2012
Hi. I’ve started this topic because I want people know what is going on in Latvia, because things happened in Pucite kindergarten on 16 of March, 2012, are very illustrative and show where Latvia is going. Also I’m a parent of child who was watching this Nazi performance there, so I’m really concerned about whom Latvian state try to breed.
In short, on 16 of March there was a lesson of patriotism in Pucite where men wearing the uniform of Waffen SS were invited to give the class a lesson of patriotism. These men were dressed in ‘the most beautiful clothes of the Latvian legionnaires’ and showed children ‘the most beautiful weapons of legionnaires.’ In sober fact these neo-Nazis were not just showing uniform and weapons to children, but called them to become true patriots that will release Latvia from enemies, who are ‘Jews and Russians’ as they said. They even pointed at Russian children and their families who were in class. Some children started to cry and those parents who boiled over such ‘lessons of patriotism’ were cleared out… I was among them and together we told the police what happened in Pucite…
And on 29 of June it was reported that Latvian police said that they see nothing wrong in events occurred on 16 of March. So it comes out that ‘patriots of Latvia’ can come to kindergartens, schools, universities and anywhere else, where they can splash Nazi ideas without apprehension. I won’t wonder if Pucite or some other kindergarten will force children to wear some Nazi uniform while those ones who are ‘unpeople’ will have to wear prison clothes. I made a decision to leave Pucite and take my daughter to a better place. First of all I’m a mother, so I want my daughter become a sound member of society, not a person whose mind was destroyed in childhood by sick Nazi ideas which Latvian government promotes everywhere…

Sounds like a dangerous influence. In some ways People never seem to learn. Bear Witness, and tell the truth about what you see. Stay Safe.

Hello,

This is a monstrous story that you told us here.

If it's really the truth, I suggest you to share it with independent journalists, like "Reporters sans frontieres" (Reporters Without Borders) to: [email protected]

RWB is a international non-governmental organization, french-based that advocates freedom of the press and information, and they can diffuse this story.

Absolutely! If there is any available documentation - pictures, announcements in the local papers, a program from the event - that needs to be included.

There is a whole lot of ideological ground available between Soviet-style Marxism and Nazi fascism - I can understand the temptation to go to 'the other extreme', especially since the Baltic States were abused by the Soviets who basically >>>colonized<<< them with ethnic Russians.

But that temptation needs to be resisted, and there's no excuse for terrorizing little children under the guise of 'patriotism'.

If ethnic Russians can't be equal citizens in the 'new' Latvia - how is that any different from certain groups being 'second class' in the 'old' Latvia?

I have yet to see any real evidence of this. These kinds of news stories are usually propaganda by anti-Latvian and pro-Russian people who still haven't gotten over the fact that the Soviet Union is dead and Latvia is free.
While there certainly can be no excuse for the many crimes committed by certain Latvians serving the Nazi's in World war II, we should also remember that the Latvians were first occupied and annexed in 1940 by the Soviets (then allies of Nazi Germany) who committed many atrocities in an attempt to stamp out Latvian independence. When the Germans came in 1941 it was therefore fairly natural for many Latvians to throw their lot in with the Germans in fighting the Soviets (however misguided and foolish that may have been). Nobody was offering the Latvians freedom and democracy in world War II. The fact that many Latvians therefore consider those who took up arms against the Soviets in 1941-42 as heroes should therefore not be a surprise. Russians consider the Soviet Red Army heroes even though they were war criminals too, who committed countless massacres.
None of this should be an excuse for pro-Nazi propaganda in any form. But in the context of the history and current politics of the Baltic countries I am not willing to take any accusation at face value.

Hi. I’ve started this topic because I want people know what is going on in Latvia, because things happened in Pucite kindergarten on 16 of March, 2012, are very illustrative and show where Latvia is going. Also I’m a parent of child who was watching this Nazi performance there, so I’m really concerned about whom Latvian state try to breed.
In short, on 16 of March there was a lesson of patriotism in Pucite where men wearing the uniform of Waffen SS were invited to give the class a lesson of patriotism. These men were dressed in ‘the most beautiful clothes of the Latvian legionnaires’ and showed children ‘the most beautiful weapons of legionnaires.’ In sober fact these neo-Nazis were not just showing uniform and weapons to children, but called them to become true patriots that will release Latvia from enemies, who are ‘Jews and Russians’ as they said. They even pointed at Russian children and their families who were in class. Some children started to cry and those parents who boiled over such ‘lessons of patriotism’ were cleared out… I was among them and together we told the police what happened in Pucite…
And on 29 of June it was reported that Latvian police said that they see nothing wrong in events occurred on 16 of March. So it comes out that ‘patriots of Latvia’ can come to kindergartens, schools, universities and anywhere else, where they can splash Nazi ideas without apprehension. I won’t wonder if Pucite or some other kindergarten will force children to wear some Nazi uniform while those ones who are ‘unpeople’ will have to wear prison clothes. I made a decision to leave Pucite and take my daughter to a better place. First of all I’m a mother, so I want my daughter become a sound member of society, not a person whose mind was destroyed in childhood by sick Nazi ideas which Latvian government promotes everywhere…

As has already been stated, if this is true there are much better and more productive ways to share this news than on USMB. I suggest you use them.

Forum List

Back