So truther has become a derogatory term?

So truth is a bad thing to be ridiculed?

If you mean the 911 conspiracy types, then label them something else.
Labels are such a political tool to be used by the parroting masses.

Cannot resisit!... I must resisit!!... I will resist... Ah hell, no I wont.

So giving birth is a bad thing to be ridiculed?

Birthers anyone? Come on what do you liberals have against mothers?
Labels are such a political tool to be used by the parroting masses.

Immie

It is derogatory in the sense that people who call themselves as such really aren't interested in the truth.

That's the sum total of the argument right there. Its pretty much the same thing wrong with the "Birthers". No amount of evidence will disspell a person's crazy beliefs.

It is derogatory in the sense that people who call themselves as such really aren't interested in the truth.

That's the sum total of the argument right there. Its pretty much the same thing wrong with the "Birthers". No amount of evidence will disspell a person's crazy beliefs.

And these folks are so easily manipulated - that's the really sad part to me. Their ignorance allows them to get tooled. When their claims blow up in their face, the folks who were shoving them into the forefront as a cheap political stunt are suddenly nowhere to be found.

evidence ...huh...truth..

Dr. Quintiere said he originally “had high hopes” that NIST would do a good job with the investigation. “They’re the central government lab for fire. There are good people there and they can do a good job. But what I also thought they would do is to enlist the service of the ATF [Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives], which has an investigation force and a laboratory of their own for fire. And I thought they would put people out on the street and get gumshoe-type information. What prevented all of this? I think it’s the legal structure that cloaks the Commerce Department and therefore NIST. And so, instead of lawyers as if they were acting on a civil case trying to get depositions and information subpoenaed, those lawyers did the opposite and blocked everything.”

“In my opinion, the WTC investigation by NIST falls short of expectations by not definitively finding cause, by not sufficiently linking recommendations of specificity to cause, by not fully invoking all of their authority to seek facts in the investigation, and by the guidance of government lawyers to deter rather than develop fact finding.

"although the key elements of the core steel were demographically labeled. A careful reading of the NIST report shows that they have no evidence that the temperatures "

OpEdNews - Page 2 of Article: Former Chief of NIST's Fire Science Division Calls for Independent Review of World Trade Center Investigation

Last edited:
All political labels are derogatory to somebody. no?

I don't think so. I'm an independent - If someone calls me independent, I'm not offended. Wouldn't the same hold true for a Republican, or a Democrat, or a Libertarian, or a Communist, etc ....?

Folks don't like labels misapplied or implying that a label indicates something that it does not - but the label itself???? I don't know. I wouldn't think so. Not in ALL cases anyway.

Dr. Quintiere said he originally “had high hopes” that NIST would do a good job with the investigation. “They’re the central government lab for fire. There are good people there and they can do a good job. But what I also thought they would do is to enlist the service of the ATF [Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives], which has an investigation force and a laboratory of their own for fire. And I thought they would put people out on the street and get gumshoe-type information. What prevented all of this? I think it’s the legal structure that cloaks the Commerce Department and therefore NIST. And so, instead of lawyers as if they were acting on a civil case trying to get depositions and information subpoenaed, those lawyers did the opposite and blocked everything.”

“In my opinion, the WTC investigation by NIST falls short of expectations by not definitively finding cause, by not sufficiently linking recommendations of specificity to cause, by not fully invoking all of their authority to seek facts in the investigation, and by the guidance of government lawyers to deter rather than develop fact finding.

"although the key elements of the core steel were demographically labeled. A careful reading of the NIST report shows that they have no evidence that the temperatures "

OpEdNews - Page 2 of Article: Former Chief of NIST's Fire Science Division Calls for Independent Review of World Trade Center Investigation

This particular thread is not about what evidence there may or not be for what transpired on 9/11. It is about a group people who use a monicker (truther) to define themselves as something they clearly are not. The likes of yourself, 9/11 Inside, Terral, Creative are all attempting to make the events of that day fit into your PRE-concluded 'truth', which that our own government committed the events of that day. You may say you have all these people on your side, while I am fairly certain they would say you grossly mischaracterizing their positions.

Last edited:
sorry chump the moment you decide that the official lie is credible it becomes about that..and your facade crumbles

Don't dodge eots. I have never stated I buy hook line and sinker into the 9/11 commission report. it is far from a flawless report. YOU lose credibility when you resort to unfounded accussations to avoid examining your own presumptions. That is another commonality of the troofers, esepcially you and Terral. When someone actually does present you info to constructively debate you resort to the hack kneed postion of accussing them of believing the Bush story, or calling people disinfo agents. Pretty ridiculous for someone claiming to want to find the truth.

Last edited:
People like labels, it makes it easier to marginalize others.

for example

2009-12-01-humor-racism.jpg

The punchline being... Birth Certificate tea baggers don't realize they share the same bench in the dunce box with 9/11 truthers.

EXACTLY.

I've seen posts that seem to indicate others are using the term the same way I do. As in
"9/11 government conspiracy." Is that inncorrect? If not - yup, it's a derogatory term and it should be. Just like birther, holocaust denier, or folks who think Dan Brown writes non-fiction.

That's the only context I've see it used in.

for example

Because there was nothing racist at all about the "Robbin' for the Hood" and the witchdoctor signs.

Robbin' for the hood? I missed that one.

I'll have to go look that one up.

http://majikthise.typepad.com/majikthise_/2009/09/teabagger-wit-robbin-for-the-hood.html

Ah, I see, it was a teabag party thing. I had missed it.

Immie

Last edited:

for example

Because there was nothing racist at all about the "Robbin' for the Hood" and the witchdoctor signs.

No there wasn't because witch doctor was a play on voodoo economics and robbin from the hood was just plain funny and even if those were racist you can't treat one or two people as the whole group or that would be collectivist thinking and we know you guys don't do that... :lol:

This particular thread is not about what evidence there may or not be for what transpired on 9/11. It is about a group people who use a monicker (truther) to define themselves as something they clearly are not. The likes of yourself, 9/11 Inside, Terral, Creative are all attempting to make the events of that day fit into your PRE-concluded 'truth', which that our own government committed the events of that day. You may say you have all these people on your side, while I am fairly certain they would say you grossly mischaracterizing their positions.

You mean the "truthers" started calling themselves "truthers"?
Or was it generated and perpetuated by their opponents?
I assumed the latter.
Which was my opening premise in this thread.
Am I incorrect on this?

"Truther" is a term I use for folks who believe George Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks - I apologize if that is a misuse of the term. But whatever word you use to describe these folks - it SHOULD be derogatory imho.

Its just that "Fucking Assholes" was being used

Forum List

Back