So Today Boehner is blaming High Taxes for the bad UE report

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NYcarbineer, Jun 3, 2011.

1. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,074
    Wait a minute.

Didn't the President give Boehner and the rest of the GOP everything they wanted in tax cuts, and then some,

5 months ago?

Isn't the economy essentially running under the GOP's tax plans right NOW?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    The lowest tax rates in 60 years hasn't helped, so we need to cut taxes and government revenue even more. :lol:

3. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,074
    What was the argument in December, by Boehner and the GOP, for passing the budget busting Stimulus II?

Something about taking away the 'uncertainty' that businesses were pretending was keeping them from hiring?

Eh?

4. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Does anyone besides me wonder if this kind of stuff is done on purpose.

Fact: We know that the large conglomerates have been making money hand over fist and have some $2-3 TRILLION sitting in their coffers doing nothing. We also know that the Banking industry has been bailed out and are also doing just fine.

I feel that they themselves are keep our people out of work on purpose. They are holding the country hostage to get what they want and the GOP/Tea Party are in full collusion with them.

They want to destroy the government as we know it and take control through the GOP.

This whole thing is NOT about Freedom, The Constitution, or even the Economy. This is a coup d'Ă©tat against the American People. Strip them of SS, Medicare and any other safety nets....Force them to work for peanuts and make them work until they die.

Welcome to a return to America in the Robber Baron days. Perhaps these NEO-Captains of Industry will re-introduce company scrip and have us pay for our goods in a Company Store.... in which our bills for our goods will always somehow exceed our wages.

The everyday folks that have been duped into supporting this agenda have no idea what they are calling for.

My parents were old enough to have lived through the depression and I remember the horror stories my grandparents told me of the previous generation. They grew up in the coal region of Pennsylvania and spoke of the horrors of the mine, the futility of company stores, the attempts to organize and the real life stories of people they knew who were beaten and killed for their efforts to make a little bit better of a life. I also heard first hand of the few who fought back against the violence of the mine owners and their muscle. They knew people who were actually in the Molly Maguires, a vigilante group who avenged murdered and terrorized workers.

This is what we choose when we choose to give these "Captains of Industry" all the power and no regulation. When we do this, we are disarming ourselves and losing all the liberty we have fought for over the generations.

Is there anything in their behavior over the past 30 years(since Reaganomics gave them a good chunk of that power back) that indicates that they WON'T return to those tactics?

5. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    I never agreed with GHW Bush about much, but Voodoo Economics was right on.

6. Polk

Polk Classic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +569
    How the hell passing a temporary extension reduces uncertainty is beyond me.

7. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Let's not forget to add a few thousand more Gov. employees to the ranks of the unemployed.

8. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,700
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Yep... that's their answer. Do they realize that their agenda will cause a trickle down that no one wants? Federal dollars get trickled down to the states, State dollars get trickled down to localities.

If you think your saving tax dollars at the top of the food chain, you're not... you are just placing a HUGE burden on State and Local governments who can't afford it...so guess what? Your taxes are going up anyway... probably more, because there's less of a base to get revenues from.

Idiots, the lot of them

10. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932

Can I ask a simple question? Why is that when a Progressive quotes Huffington, MSNBC and the like... you guys scoff at them... but you can place some ambiguous graph and expect people to take it as gospel?

You know, Graphs and Numbers are very easily skewed to present the point you WANT THEM TO!

It's already been well established that Corporations don't pay NEAR what the tax rolls call for... Yes... before you start... GE... I know... I am against that too.