So this Union isn't so happy with Obama's policies

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
Looks like one union won't be falling in line to support the Campaigner-in-Chief. He so often throws one group under the bus to appease another. You would think they'd all learn, he is not a man of his word.

<snip>

“I noticed this past week the vice president was talking about the campaign and he mentioned that Osama Bin Laden was dead and General Motors was alive,” Roberts said. “He should have gone on to say that the coal industry is not far behind with respect to what happened with Osama Bin Laden.”

While the United Mine Workers of America likely won’t actively oppose President Obama’s reelection bid, Roberts said the new EPA regulation could prevent the union from endorsing the president.

“That’s something that we have not done yet and may not do because of this very reason. Our people’s jobs are on the line,” Roberts said, adding that Obama has “done a lot of great things for the country.”

Roberts's comments underscore the vehement opposition to the new EPA regulations in coal states whose economies rely heavily on the fossil fuel.

Mine union boss: Coal industry could suffer same fate as bin Laden - The Hill's E2-Wire

Forum List

Back