So This Is It? This Is Their Anointed Hope & Change Messiah?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Despite all the constant Liberal Press hype about Barack Obama being the "Hope & Change Messiah",i've actually grown quite unimpressed with him. I see no astounding or miraculous leadership coming from their Messiah. This latest Egypt uprising issue has shown just how lost and inept he appears to be. I don't know anyone who really knows where his Administration stands on that issue. He's been all over the board on that one for sure. Then there was the BP Disaster. I saw no leadership at all on that calamity either. And lets not even get into his numerous Economic blunders. He seems shockingly lost on anything relating to Economic matters.

When all is said and done,i think America has been gypped. The Liberal Press and Democrats definitely sold us a Lemon with this guy. He just hasn't delivered on their Messiah thing. However,it's not like trying to get your money back after being scammed. You can never get your vote back. People need to learn that slogans & hype don't = Leadership. This current President proves that.

Last edited:
The situation in Egypt is difficult though, what do you do? support Mubarak and go against the will of the people, or back the uprising and turn on an ally for decades? its a lose/lose situation for anyone.

All politcians are liars.

true story.

lol! Not gonna argue with you on that. I'm not calling him a liar though. He just isn't anything close to what he was hyped to be. I just haven't seen any real leadership from him. Definitely way over-rated in my opinion.

true story.

lol! Not gonna argue with you on that. I'm not calling him a liar though. He just isn't anything close to what he was hyped to be. I just haven't seen any real leadership from him. Definitely way over-rated in my opinion.

He didn't hype him self as anything but what he was/is...a politician and union organizer. The "hype" came from everyone else. Blame oprah, she was major hype.

"Hope and change" was a brilliant campaign slogan. Lets hope things change.

Despite all the constant Liberal Press hype about Barack Obama being the "Hope & Change Messiah",i've actually grown quite unimpressed with him. I see no astounding or miraculous leadership coming from their Messiah. This latest Egypt uprising issue has shown just how lost and inept he appears to be. I don't know anyone who really knows where his Administration stands on that issue. He's been all over the board on that one for sure. Then there was the BP Disaster. I saw no leadership at all on that calamity either. And lets not even get into his numerous Economic blunders. He seems shockingly lost on anything relating to Economic matters.

When all is said and done,i think America has been gypped. The Liberal Press and Democrats definitely sold us a Lemon with this guy. He just hasn't delivered on their Messiah thing. However,it's not like trying to get your money back after being scammed. You can never get your vote back. People need to learn that slogans & hype don't = Leadership. This current President proves that.

Nobody ever said he was a "Messiah". What I actually find disappointing is that right wingers expected Obama to just go right in and heal the world. Change takes time. Many years, decisions, and battles. Not just 2.

Obama has done a much better job than Bush did in his 2 years over Bushs 8 in my opinion. And just him becoming president makes him damn well a "messiah" in my eyes. So leave the man alone.

On the other side, ALL presidents are to some extent political puppets. The president isnt the one who really controls things going right, hes just the person who takes the blame when something goes wrong.

true story.

He didn't hype him self as anything but what he was/is...a politician and union organizer. The "hype" came from everyone else. Blame oprah, she was major hype.

"Hope and change" was a brilliant campaign slogan. Lets hope things change.

My favoritist obieism.. "We're the ones we've been waiting for." Yep that did it for me.. obie wan kanubatuba.

Nobody ever said he was a "Messiah". What I actually find disappointing is that right wingers expected Obama to just go right in and heal the world. Change takes time. Many years, decisions, and battles. Not just 2.

Obama has done a much better job than Bush did in his 2 years over Bushs 8 in my opinion. And just him becoming president makes him damn well a "messiah" in my eyes. So leave the man alone.

On the other side, ALL presidents are to some extent political puppets. The president isnt the one who really controls things going right, hes just the person who takes the blame when something goes wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only ones who ever refer to the president as 'messiah' are rightwingnut loons.

true story

I guess you missed the chanting at his ralleys.
Heck, they couldnt even contain themselves at a memorial service (to no fault of Obama....not an attack on Obama).

Holy Shyte! A classic for sure. Post of the Year? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

people may not have used the word messiah....but they certainly acted like he was. And it was the younger voters that expected him to make miracles...not the right. We knew his more prominant campaign promises were not acheivable...such as closing GITMO and 6 months out of Iraq.

I do not necessarily agree with you about the good job he has done. I believe he let Pelosi and Reid take advantage of him.

I do not feel the man is a good president overall based primarily on lack of experience ....although as head of state, he gets a thumbs up.

However, I love your approach and you are definately one I look forward to deabting down the road.

You talk like you voted for him. Is that true?

Obama's a disaster who's on the wrong side of every issue. The only thing that eclipses his naiveté is his ego. Iranians make a push for democratic reforms, he refuses to speak out. The Muslim Brotherhood seeks to dethrone the President of Egypt, he sides with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Last edited:

hes just the person who takes the blame when something goes wrong.[/QUOTE]

Except with Obama...if it's something unpopular it's Bush's fault...got two years of that from this President.

And about the Messiah complex...this man pushes this every chance he gets...Talking about the congresswoman that was shot he said at a press conference that right after his visit she opened her eyes for the first time.He wanted everyone to think that he has this special gift to heal the world.:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back