So this is how we treat our Heroes

I'm not realy sure because you could smell how toxic the air was downtown even a month later.

We were living in Glen Cove, LI at the time and my wife went out for a run a few days later. She had to go back inside because of the toxic smell. She was 25 miles away.

BGG, I see your points. However, the attacks were undisputabley a national issue - they were an act of war on our nation. It's a fed jurisdiction.

I believe the radical nutjobs were attacking this Republic and want it stands for. That still doesn't change my position though. Federal employees should be paid by the feds, and state employees by the respective states. And John Q. Publics don't get any pay at all, unless the respective states state so. That is how I see it.

If Joe Q Public goes in to help, I believe he is on his own. If the state wants to renumerate in some way for services rendered, even if voluntary, that is fine. I don't believe the fed government has any business in paying private citizens for actions of their own volition.

What if the federal government asked citizens for help?

We were living in Glen Cove, LI at the time and my wife went out for a run a few days later. She had to go back inside because of the toxic smell. She was 25 miles away.

Are you sure the wind was not simply wafting from New Jersey?

If Joe Q Public goes in to help, I believe he is on his own. If the state wants to renumerate in some way for services rendered, even if voluntary, that is fine. I don't believe the fed government has any business in paying private citizens for actions of their own volition.

What if the federal government asked citizens for help?

I don't believe there is anything 'unconstitutional' about the federal government 'asking' for help. So, I am not against that act in and of itself. In my opinion, that does not a contract make. Asking for help, and entering into a legal contract for services, is two different things, There has to be a meeting of the minds for one thing, in order for their to be a legal and binding contract.

Forum List

Back