so this demint guy....

blu

Sep 21, 2009
he made a big showing at cpac, and "conservatives" are lauding him as the next president. so I started reading his wikipedia page (usually a good place to find a senators position on key voting issues) and saw that he was voted the 'most conservative' but I don't see how. from wiki:

"DeMint has been a consistent supporter of school prayer and has introduced legislation that would allow schools to display banners such as one stating "God Bless America""

... not conservative ...

"DeMint favors banning all forms of abortion, including in cases of rape and incest"

... not conservative ....

"On February 6, 2008 Jim DeMint was joined by senators Saxby Chambliss, Tom Coburn, John Cornyn, James Inhofe, and David Vitter for the introduction of the Semper Fi Act of 2008 which would strip federal funding from Berkeley, California in response to the Berkeley Marine Corps Recruiting Center controversy"

.... not conservative ....

not quiting seeing how he is the next, great small gov conservative to come save us all

what am I missing :confused:

he made a big showing at cpac, and "conservatives" are lauding him as the next president. so I started reading his wikipedia page (usually a good place to find a senators position on key voting issues) and saw that he was voted the 'most conservative' but I don't see how. from wiki:

"DeMint has been a consistent supporter of school prayer and has introduced legislation that would allow schools to display banners such as one stating "God Bless America""

... not conservative ...

"DeMint favors banning all forms of abortion, including in cases of rape and incest"

"On February 6, 2008 Jim DeMint was joined by senators Saxby Chambliss, Tom Coburn, John Cornyn, James Inhofe, and David Vitter for the introduction of the Semper Fi Act of 2008 which would strip federal funding from Berkeley, California in response to the Berkeley Marine Corps Recruiting Center controversy"

not quiting seeing how he is the next, great small gov conservative to come save us all

They don't mean Goldwater conservative... they mean extremist religious right 'social conservative'... which translates to 'leave our corporations alone; but tell people what to do in their bedrooms'.

I'd love to see DeMint as the GOP candidate for President

He would be eaten alive

... not conservative ...

They don't mean Goldwater conservative... they mean extremist religious right 'social conservative'... which translates to 'leave our corporations alone; but tell people what to do in their bedrooms'.

meh... seems that way... I had hopes before reading about him too :/ the neo & social cons really need to become democrats which is what they really are anyway.

... not conservative ...

What you're missing is the fact that the GOP has confused 'conservative' with 'reactionary', which is what DeMint and his minions are.

Forum List

Back