So then, what WAS Patrick Fitzgerald investigating?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
I had thought that Fitzgerald was investigating the supposed "leaking" of Valerie Plame's name to journalist Novak. He wanted to find out who did it.

It was recently revealed that the person who did it, was Richard Armitage... and that Fitzgerald knew this almost from the begining of his investigation. Yet it ran on and on, literally for years, finally indicting one unrelated person on a perjury charge that had nothing to do with the purpose of the investigation.

If Fitzgerld knew from the start that Armitage was the guy who first gave Novak the information... then what did he spend the next two years investigating?

I had thought that Fitzgerald was investigating the supposed "leaking" of Valerie Plame's name to journalist Novak. He wanted to find out who did it.

It was recently revealed that the person who did it, was Richard Armitage... and that Fitzgerald knew this almost from the begining of his investigation. Yet it ran on and on, literally for years, finally indicting one unrelated person on a perjury charge that had nothing to do with the purpose of the investigation.

If Fitzgerld knew from the start that Armitage was the guy who first gave Novak the information... then what did he spend the next two years investigating?

Anything he could possibly find.

Scooter Libby actually went to my high school. I remember looking through some of the school's admissions literature and under the alumni section they had "Scooter Libby- former Vice-Presidential Chief-of-Staff indicted for perjury." I'm guessing they really needed to fill that section out.

Forum List

Back