So the Republicans are taking this kid's insurance?

but it left them the option of NOT covering children anymore

right, and the only kids that insurance companies refuse to write coverage for, so far, are children insured individually who: could never fall under their parent's plan anyway since they have their own policy. Insurance companies will never back away from insuring companies and all the employees and their families b/c they would go out of business.

He's a year out of college and is trying to tag onto his parents insurance?

Isn't that his own responsibility? If he can't afford it for some reason, why don't you buy some for him? That would be the charitable thing to do. If you try to take money from others to pay for it with the use of force, you are committing Robbery.

this is a result of pushing the coverage
this is why the bill should have been READ before being passed
this is Obamacare caused
not the republicans
you dishonest moron

i think you missed the point of what you quoted. he/she is glad that this was in the bill and mad/shocked that republicans want to take it away
actually its because of the bill that insurance companies are dropping coverage of ALL children
did you not see that?

not all children, unless something new happened, last I read it was only those covered by individual polices and not gruop ones which is probably 98% of kids.

Isn't that his own responsibility? If he can't afford it for some reason, why don't you buy some for him? That would be the charitable thing to do. If you try to take money from others to pay for it with the use of force, you are committing Robbery.

or just let him/her stay on for some reasonable time (1 or 2 months) until he/she can get into a new job and actually receive the first paycheck from it.

And how many kids will be forced to pay for insurance they don't want just so this kid can continue to be infantalized?

One of the biggest problems in America today is the part of our culture which Celebrates Dependence and Disdains Self-Sufficiency.

That is all that you have?

You could find something wrong with Christmas if you wanted to. You know, "Giving all those presents just spoils kids."

You have NO ARGUMENT! If the Republicans had come up with this proposal, it would be wonderful. But, the Black Man, Obama did, so it is BAD...VERY BAD!

HYPOCRITS!

Nowhere in my post did I mention either Obama or his race.

When you play the Race Card, you admit that you've lost the argument.

4446870604_ba23cb378e.jpg

And if you are going to insist on misusing the world 'hypocrites", at least learn how to spell it properly.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu

or just let him/her stay on for some reasonable time (1 or 2 months) until he/she can get into a new job and actually receive the first paycheck from it.

Last time I checked a YEAR was 12 months, he has HAD a lot more then one or two months.

So at a meeting today, I found out that an intern that we just hired was really excited that he was now, once again, able to tag onto his parents insurance. He is about a year out of college and he was very happy to once again have health insurance.

But the Republicans are vowing to take his insurance away. Are they out of their minds?

Until the Democratic policies make it so that business shuts down or layoff the the kids parents. Now the kid and his parent's have no insurance. So why do the Democrats want to take the entire family's health insurance not just the kids?

Last time I checked a YEAR was 12 months, he has HAD a lot more then one or two months.

hmm, yea wasn't addressing the OP specifically. I meant the general case (which I would guess happened the person in the OP) is that as soon as you graduate you get dropped. happened to everyone I talked to in my graduating class (all with different insurers)

i think you missed the point of what you quoted. he/she is glad that this was in the bill and mad/shocked that republicans want to take it away
actually its because of the bill that insurance companies are dropping coverage of ALL children
did you not see that?

not all children, unless something new happened, last I read it was only those covered by individual polices and not gruop ones which is probably 98% of kids.
it was in the quote of the OP

oops, sorry, not the OP, but in Post #8

Last edited:
So, with all the blustering, half truths, and insults, you still cannot come up with a good argument on this. The Republicans want to take away the option that this kid's parent have of paying for his insurance until he can get onto his feet. No one can come up with a good reason for repeal of this provision.

There is one irrefutable reason: every time the government mandates economic behavior, there is always an unfavorable consequence, often one that costs more than the original problem the government was trying to solve.

So, with all the blustering, half truths, and insults, you still cannot come up with a good argument on this. The Republicans want to take away the option that this kid's parent have of paying for his insurance until he can get onto his feet. No one can come up with a good reason for repeal of this provision.
and if they dont, you'll have insurers droping coverage for children or raising the rates of that coverage

he has had over a year "to get on his feet"....

also its a problem for insurance companies b/c family polices with 1 kid is the same for any number of kids. For instance, my brother who is younger than me is still in college and on my dad's plan. The day I graduated I got dropped from my dad's plan and got my own plan, but will soon be going back on my dad's. When I go back on it, it will cost exactly the same for my dad since he is already paying for my brother. Obviously, besides co-pays which will be illegal for a number of preventative things soon as well, no one will be paying for the insurance and the insurance company will be bearing the full cost of it minus piddly copays.

Can you link to any Republican advocating a repeal of this particular provision?

Back when the bloated healthscare reform was being thrust upon us, I mean "developed, I'm pretty sure this was one provision that both parties agreed to...

Since you say the Republicans want to take away this option, I'm sure you can find link after link supporting the removal of "this particular provision"...

Please don't link to anyone saying they want to repeal 0bamacare in general... I'm talking about repealing this provision, which you claim in your posts...

You do realize that parts of the bill can be reversed and they don't have to wipe out the entire thing, don't you?

So at a meeting today, I found out that an intern that we just hired was really excited that he was now, once again, able to tag onto his parents insurance. He is about a year out of college and he was very happy to once again have health insurance.

But the Republicans are vowing to take his insurance away. Are they out of their minds?
So, this KID is a YEAR out of college and still riding his parents coat tails?

Interesting.

Maybe you people in the meeting should have enlightened him on that lil' PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY thingamajigee.

Christ, he's a fucking adult. Time for him to remove his lips from momma's titty.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Not at all. They need him for cannon fodder in The Perpetual War.

Can you link to any Republican advocating a repeal of this particular provision?

Back when the bloated healthscare reform was being thrust upon us, I mean "developed, I'm pretty sure this was one provision that both parties agreed to...

Since you say the Republicans want to take away this option, I'm sure you can find link after link supporting the removal of "this particular provision"...

Please don't link to anyone saying they want to repeal 0bamacare in general... I'm talking about repealing this provision, which you claim in your posts...

You do realize that parts of the bill can be reversed and they don't have to wipe out the entire thing, don't you?

So, explain then. The Republicans will only repeal portions of the law? Oh, so what they are going to do is amend the law? No, all that I have hear is REPEAL!

But alas, they will lose that also, as the Republican governors will lose thier attempts at blocking it in thier state.

You mean the Perpetual War of NO!

You mean the Perpetual War of NO!
no, douger is anti-American, it shows in his every post

So, explain then. The Republicans will only repeal portions of the law? Oh, so what they are going to do is amend the law? No, all that I have hear is REPEAL!

But alas, they will lose that also, as the Republican governors will lose thier attempts at blocking it in thier state.

So I take it you don't have any links to Republicans who want to eleminate this portion of the bill?

In other words, the entire premise of your OP is just bullshit and it boils down to your fauxtrage over the word "repeal"?

New Topics

Forum List

Back