So the Price of Seafood will Surely Rise.

The price of nearly everything is going up. We're entering an inflationary cycle.

I was talking with a friend of mine on FB who lives in Maryland. She was listing some of the prices of vegetables that she bought. $3.49 for a head of iceburg lettuce. While grocery shopping this past weekend, I noticed the price of iceburg lettuce in my area has gone up from .99 cents to $1.79. All orange juice cartons I looked at are now just below a half-gallon. Yet the price has stayed the same if not, gone up.

I heard on the business news this am that inflation in China is nearly 10%. Food inflation has hit India really hard...to the extent that poorer people are having trouble affording to buy onions (which is a staple of Indian cuisine).

Yep, burning food for fuel has ended up being a Great Strategy. We have such cheap energy now that it's really worth causing massive famine around the world.

I was talking with a friend of mine on FB who lives in Maryland. She was listing some of the prices of vegetables that she bought. $3.49 for a head of iceburg lettuce. While grocery shopping this past weekend, I noticed the price of iceburg lettuce in my area has gone up from .99 cents to $1.79. All orange juice cartons I looked at are now just below a half-gallon. Yet the price has stayed the same if not, gone up.

And they'll raise the price because of fuel prices like the last time, but when fuel cost goes back down the price of food stays up. Why don't they look into to food price gouging.

Forum List

Back