So the Polls Were Biased, eh?

Conservatives claimed that the polls were biased because they over sampled Democrats. However, it appears that Obama received 50.9% of the vote. Over the last 10 polls on RCP, Obama averaged 48.8% and Romney averaged 48.1%. Excluding the undecideds, the polls had Obama at 50.4%.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Thus, it appears the polls had it spot on.

Indeed. But everybody really knew that, except rabid Fox fanatics.

Watching Karl Rove's head explode as all his predictions turned out to be full of crap on FoxNews last night was priceless though.

I tuned in to Fox, for a rare occurrence just to watch it.

There was an anomoly in the polling data and most conservative pundits drew the wrong conclusion. In general polling 45% of the public sellf-identified as conservative, libs 20% and moderates 35%, while party self-ID went about 35% Dem and 35% GOP, but the poll samples were getting responses from 41% Dems and only 30% GOP.

The pundits guessed that it meant that the sampling was skewed, but the correct assessment from last night is that apparently 22% of conservatives simply would NOT vote for that lying bastard Mittens Romney.

Romney got 82% of the self-identified Conservative vote, better than the 78% McCain got but not as good as the 84% Bush got in 2004.

Bullshit, lol, you just made those numbers up, didnt you?

Look, I have no love for Romney. I wish people had listened to me when I warned them back in January this was huge honking mistake.

But the GOP's problems go a lot deeper than Romney.

Yes, it obviously does, but Romney and how he got the nomination is the epitome of what is wrong in the GOP.

Soc-cons need to make a new party and lock it tight from Wall Street whores and switch-hitting talking heads.

Romney is NOT what is wrong with the GOP. Romney is the best they could have done with your wingnut "base" forcing all of your candidates so far right that they are out of the mainstream of society. It cost you the senate, too, as well as some seats in the house.

You get rid of great men like Dick Lugar and Arlen Spector, calling them RINO's and nominate crazy people like Akin and Mourdock.... Who LOSE.

You need to figure out that the country isn't crazed

Last edited:
Conservatives claimed that the polls were biased because they over sampled Democrats. However, it appears that Obama received 50.9% of the vote. Over the last 10 polls on RCP, Obama averaged 48.8% and Romney averaged 48.1%. Excluding the undecideds, the polls had Obama at 50.4%.

So much for Nate silver being wrong.

Oh ...and Gallup and Rasmussen??? They need to re-evaluate either their bias or their polling techniques.

Gallup more than any pollster should be the most embarassed. With Rasmussen you expect the bias; Rasmussen is in the bias business.

But Gallup, with that ludicrous jiggering of their numbers to produce a couple weeks of Romney with a big lead was absolute idiocy. Why or how they managed to go insane at Gallup for a moment - and then at the last minute make a comically obvious lurch back towards the pack - will probably always be a mystery.

Romney got 82% of the self-identified Conservative vote, better than the 78% McCain got but not as good as the 84% Bush got in 2004.

Look, I have no love for Romney. I wish people had listened to me when I warned them back in January this was huge honking mistake.

But the GOP's problems go a lot deeper than Romney.

Yes, it obviously does, but Romney and how he got the nomination is the epitome of what is wrong in the GOP.

Soc-cons need to make a new party and lock it tight from Wall Street whores and switch-hitting talking heads.

Romney is NOT what is wrong with the GOP. Romney is the best they could have done itch your wingnut "base" forcing all of your candidates so far right that they are out of the mainstream of society. It cost you the senate, too, as well as some seats in the house.

You get rid of great men like Dick Lugar and Arlen Spector, calling them RINO's and nominate crazy people like Akin and Mourdock.... Who LOSE.

Tea Party hurt Republicans this election. Wish I could listen to Limbaugh today!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezactly! Some people had to come down from Bullshit Mountain...some still haven't. Some never will.

To be fair, it was probably all some people had to cling on to that last week.

So now the qeustion for the GOP is, why did they lose, and what do they do about it.

as they did 4 years ago......they picked the wrong candidate....

I think that's part of it..

BUt part of that is also message.

Incidently, I voted for McCain and think we'd be better off with him today. BUt he and ROmney both sank themselves by embracing the Nativists, the religious nutters and the other extremists in their party.

Incidently, I voted for McCain and think we'd be better off with him today. BUt he and ROmney both sank themselves by embracing the Nativists, the religious nutters and the other extremists in their party.

What I wonder is how long it will be before those groups don't control the House and Senate nominating processes. Until that day, they're just digging a deeper hole.

I think it works this way. They tell themselves, "I'm biased, but in a good way. Everyone else is also biased, but not necessarily in a good way. Therefore, anyone who says my opponent is leading is definitely biased in a bad way." :cool:

What I wonder is how long it will be before those groups don't control the House and Senate nominating processes. Until that day, they're just digging a deeper hole.

I think it's a bit worse than that. Because the wave of state legislators who came in with the Tea Party wave did the districting, a lot of the more extreme characters were gerrymandered in.

Again, the thing is, on both sides, I think there are probably enough centrists who want to get the job done. But none of them want to be Dick Lugar or Joe Leiberman, rejected by the 10% who show up at primaries.

I agree. I thought the Republican's only chance was to nominate someone like Jeb Bush, but he was just too sane for them! :dunno:

Jeb read the tea leaves, he knew Obama would be next to impossible to beat.

He played it perfectly, didn't make too much noise, but was on the scene and made small waves where he could. He's priming for a comeback in 2016.

However, with the last name Bush...America won't want to hear anything coming out of his mouth...as a Presidential candidate that is. Let him be a talk show host or a professional pundit, but no more Bush's in Office. America has had enough!

Actually both sides said there were problems with the polls. I know I was way wrong.

Oh ...and Gallup and Rasmussen??? They need to re-evaluate either their bias or their polling techniques.

He was the only one to get it right. Matter of fact, he even called what the electoral vote was going to be and was almost dead on.

Romney is NOT what is wrong with the GOP. Romney is the best they could have done itch your wingnut "base" forcing all of your candidates so far right that they are out of the mainstream of society. It cost you the senate, too, as well as some seats in the house.

Tea Party hurt Republicans this election. Wish I could listen to Limbaugh today!

the tea party hurt the repubs the last election, too... sharron angle, christine o'donnell?? harry reid should have been easy for a decent GOP candidate to pick off in AZ. at some point, though.. the level of kookiness exceeds the tolerance level of even 'conservative' voters.

Gallup more than any pollster should be the most embarassed. With Rasmussen you expect the bias; Rasmussen is in the bias business.

But Gallup, with that ludicrous jiggering of their numbers to produce a couple weeks of Romney with a big lead was absolute idiocy. Why or how they managed to go insane at Gallup for a moment - and then at the last minute make a comically obvious lurch back towards the pack - will probably always be a mystery.

In one weekend..their polling went from +5 Romney to +1 Romney. That was incredible.

the tea party hurt the repubs the last election, too... sharron angle, christine o'donnell?? harry reid should have been easy for a decent GOP candidate to pick off in AZ. at some point, though.. the level of kookiness exceeds the tolerance level of even 'conservative' voters.

The Tea Party helped in 10. They provided the energy and votes to crush the Dems in the House.

The Tea Party helped in 10. They provided the energy and votes to crush the Dems in the House.

Actually, the Dems made gains in both the House AND the Senate.

Granted..........not by much, but they DID gain more seats this time around. So, how is that "crushing" the Dems?

Actually, the Dems made gains in both the House AND the Senate.

Granted..........not by much, but they DID gain more seats this time around. So, how is that "crushing" the Dems?

10 is not 12

Its no secret that arithmetic, like science, has a definite "liberal" bias!

Forum List

Back