CDZ SO... the left-wingers are now facing their consequences

L.A.'s Housing Crisis Hits Hollywood: The Entertainment Workers Living in Their Cars

The housing 'crisis' in California is so bad, that now even the left-winger entertainers are living in cars, instead of apartments, because not even the Hollywood people can avoid the consequences of their bad policies.

At what point, do the people of the left admit their ideals in the world, are consistent failures?
At what point do hacks stop demonizing and politicizing homelessness... Unreal.

L.A.'s Housing Crisis Hits Hollywood: The Entertainment Workers Living in Their Cars

The housing 'crisis' in California is so bad, that now even the left-winger entertainers are living in cars, instead of apartments, because not even the Hollywood people can avoid the consequences of their bad policies.

At what point, do the people of the left admit their ideals in the world, are consistent failures?

America was a liberal idea. Still is.

As liberalism was expressed at that time, of course.

There is no relation between the classical liberalism of the 18th Century and the neo-Communist nonsense that requisitioned the name early in the 20th Century. One notes with amusement the move from the term "liberal" to "Progressive" since even former "liberals" don't recognize what the current Left is doing as American.

Sure there is. There is no correlation between hope and conservatism. Not that conservative is even a legitimate ideology any longer with the “conservative” President and his “conservative” reporters allowing for a trillion dollar yearly deficit while he has a “conservative” House and a “conservative” Senate as well.

Hollywoodites should have learned something marketable rather than Method Acting.

There is no relation between the classical liberalism of the 18th Century and the neo-Communist nonsense that requisitioned the name early in the 20th Century. One notes with amusement the move from the term "liberal" to "Progressive" since even former "liberals" don't recognize what the current Left is doing as American.

Sure there is. There is no correlation between hope and conservatism. Not that conservative is even a legitimate ideology any longer with the “conservative” President and his “conservative” reporters allowing for a trillion dollar yearly deficit while he has a “conservative” House and a “conservative” Senate as well.

Your knowledge of history and political philosophies is abysmal.

Dude that woman watched a video where Trump was discussing ditching the new electromagnetic launch systems in the Ford class carrier and returning to the original steam launch systems and came into a thread screaming that Trump wanted to switch our carriers from nuclear power to steam power. I'm sorry, she has no business in serious conversation and no one should take HER seriously..

Dude that woman watched a video where Trump was discussing ditching the new electromagnetic launch systems in the Ford class carrier and returning to the original steam launch systems and came into a thread screaming that Trump wanted to switch our carriers from nuclear power to steam power. I'm sorry, she has no business in serious conversation and no one should take HER seriously..

candycorn is typical of her kind. It's not entirely her fault.

Failure of high housing prices?

When housing prices are unnaturally high, yes. No other part of the country, that does not have the left-wing ideology dominating the market, has the current insanity going on in CA.

So, you’re in favor of affordable housing projects?

That's like looking at someone dying of poison, and asking if I'm in favor of adding some arsenic to their diet.

We need less government interference in the market, not more. More is what got us where we are. Adding more government, to a problem caused by government, doesn't result in solution. It results in more problems.

"Affordable housing projects" always result in less affordable housing. I have never once seen any system that did not have a negative result on affordable housing.

And the reason is really simple.

Affordable housing projects, result in destroying the low end of the market.

Why does GM spend more time making Chevy cars, over Cadillac? Why does Chevrolet spend more time making Malibus than Corvettes?

The profits from Cadillac and Corvettes, are way higher than Chevy Malibu. So why do they make low-profit cars? Because they make a hundreds of thousands of them. The market is bigger at the lower end, and thus there is far more money to be made there.

Same is true of housing. If the market is free of government regulation, producers of apartments and housing in general, will cater to the largest market.... which is the low end.

What affordable housing projects do, is it actually drives the prices too low, which results in the market dying.

Say a government project creates 100 apartments, at the cost of working people's tax money, to offer a rent of $700 a month.

This will do two things.

First it will kill new projects.

In Hilliard where I live, we just had an apartment complex open with 204 apartments, with a starting price of $900 a month.

The problem is, if people look online and see they can get the same basic apartment for a government subsidized price of $700, then they are not likely to bother paying $900 a month elsewhere.

Why would I buy a Chevy Malibu for $22,000, if I can buy a Toyota Camry for $17,000? No one would do that. Even if they ran out of stock, they would wait until more came in, before spending $5,000 more for a similar car.

Thus the developer would likely reconsider the plan. Perhaps they would make the rooms larger, and have fewer of them, so they could get customers to pay a higher price, for a larger apartment.

Thus the stock of available housing is reduced.

Similarly, the second result is that existing apartments become unprofitable. This happened famously in New York.

If you have an old apartment complex, and you have to lower the price to a similar level to the affordable housing projects, you end up having it become unprofitable. If you have an unprofitable building, what do you do with it? Typically you stop doing maintenance. Then you start having bug infestations, leaking roofs and basements. Eventually the building is abandoned, which has happened routinely during the affordable housing days of New York. There are completely abandoned apartment buildings in New York even to this day.

The other thing, is the owner will try to have it rezoned as office space, or the owners will renovate the apartments into luxury apartments, which will command a higher price.

Regardless the result is the same... less available low-cost housing.

So to answer your original question, no. Affordable housing projects are counter productive. The solution is deregulation of the housing market, and allowing the capitalist system to work.

At what point do hacks stop demonizing and politicizing homelessness... Unreal.

When they stop standing on the corner, collecting money from gullible people, and then climbing into cars, and driving to government subsidized apartments, and eating government provided food, while talking on government provided phones.

That's when we'll stop demonizing them and politicizing them.

People who are actually homeless through no fault of their own, almost don't exist.

The reason people can actually survive doing this fraud, is a combination of virtue signaling poverty, and government handouts. Both of which, are the result of the mental illness known as left-wing ideology.

California is having real problems, seems clear to me that more of the people talking bad about the place don't live there & never have. I cant do anything about California, trying to get more involved in where I live & throw less bricks at states that don't have healthy compliance with my views(smile)

California is having real problems, seems clear to me that more of the people talking bad about the place don't live there & never have. I cant do anything about California, trying to get more involved in where I live & throw less bricks at states that don't have healthy compliance with my views(smile)

While it is true that I don't live there, and never have, I do know people that moved to California, found it sucks, and moved back. Honestly, when people move from California, to Ohio.... you can safely assume it isn't because of the weather, or the landscape. There MUST be some serious reasons to move, if Ohio is considered a step up.

That said, the purpose of this discussion is not to simply stand around saying "California sucks!".

The purpose is to identify bad policies, and their effects, so the rest of the Union can avoid a similar fate.

While it is true that I don't live there, and never have, I do know people that moved to California, found it sucks, and moved back. Honestly, when people move from California, to Ohio.... you can safely assume it isn't because of the weather, or the landscape. There MUST be some serious reasons to move, if Ohio is considered a step up.

That said, the purpose of this discussion is not to simply stand around saying "California sucks!".

The purpose is to identify bad policies, and their effects, so the rest of the Union can avoid a similar fate.

There's a reason why a moving truck From Texas TO California costs less than half the price of a moving truck FROM California to Texas.

Supply and demand. People are leaving CA in droves , well the middle class is anyway. the super rich still have their huge homes in gated communities, and they can afford the sky high taxes, and the poor well they don't care how high taxes and such are, because they don't pay them anyway.

Forum List

Back