So the Left went from, "We Need to Fight the REAL War in Afghanistan" to...

Actually, it's mostly Republicans that I've seen begin to question whether we should remain in Afghanistan or bring our troops home. I've mostly seen Democrats support the administration's decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Oh really? Mr Obama is escalating the war in Afghanistan? He sent his hand picked General over there to see what the situation was, Gen Mc told him that he needed 40,000 more troops to win the war. That was over 50 days ago and Mr Obama is still half stepping on his decision. If we are not there to win then what the hell game is the so called CinC playing at?

Actually, it's mostly Republicans that I've seen begin to question whether we should remain in Afghanistan or bring our troops home. I've mostly seen Democrats support the administration's decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Oh really? Mr Obama is escalating the war in Afghanistan? He sent his hand picked General over there to see what the situation was, Gen Mc told him that he needed 40,000 more troops to win the war. That was over 50 days ago and Mr Obama is still half stepping on his decision. If we are not there to win then what the hell game is the so called CinC playing at?

Are you claiming that Obama has sent no additional troops to Afghanistan?

Did I say that? NO, I said he is half stepping on a decision that he should have been prepared to make before he even had the request. War is not a game and those are my troops over there (Still a few on active duty that I may have trained) Not to mention my Granddaughter on tap for Afghanistan in the spring. Some of us give a shit that we have an appointed CinC who doesn't know jack about the military or military strategies.

(Yes he was selected for us by the MSM)

Did I say that? NO, I said he is half stepping on a decision that he should have been prepared to make before he even had the request. War is not a game and those are my troops over there (Still a few on active duty that I may have trained) Not to mention my Granddaughter on tap for Afghanistan in the spring. Some of us give a shit that we have an appointed CinC who doesn't know jack about the military or military strategies.

(Yes he was selected for us by the MSM)

You did not say that explicitly, but you did question whether he has escalated the war in Afghanistan. Since he has sent more troops to Afghanistan one can safely say he has escalated the war in Afghanistan.

Interesting. President Obama seems to be much more serious about Al Queda than Bush ever was. Hitting the leaders in Sudan and other nations. Many more drone hits in Pakitstan. And, apperantly, has finally forced the Paki military into actually coming to grips with the Taliban and the Al Queda.

It may well be that President Obama will win the war on terror while simutaneously solving some major problems at home. Hmmm........ Now won't that frost your partisan little agates:lol:

Interesting. President Obama seems to be much more serious about Al Queda than Bush ever was. Hitting the leaders in Sudan and other nations. Many more drone hits in Pakitstan. And, apperantly, has finally forced the Paki military into actually coming to grips with the Taliban and the Al Queda.

It may well be that President Obama will win the war on terror while simutaneously solving some major problems at home. Hmmm........ Now won't that frost your partisan little agates:lol:
And how many will he let die in Afghanistan while he is getting jollies with his thumb up his ass? He is no CiC.

In the eight years of the war, October is the deadliest month on record and we still have four days left. Fuck Obama because of that.

Last edited:
I am an American. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those four. You could write them on your thumbnail, or you could sweep them clear across a bright autumn sky. But remember too, that they are more than words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly; speak them proudly; speak them gratefully. I am an American. ... a tradition

My ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War. Some were here with the first Dutch colonists in New Amsterdam. My great Grandfather served with the 11th Illinois at Fort Donalson and Shilow. My father and uncles on both sides served from North Africa to the Coral Sea.

I am a liberal. I respect those of the conservative bent. I respect the Republicans of the Eisenhower variety. I do not respect Rushpublicans.

When I look at my family reunions now, I see every race of man. Like my nation. And I am proud of that. I am proud that my nation elected a man to the Presidency that speaks well, that is a Constitutional scholar, and would never state that the Constitution of this nation is a mere peice of paper.

I was proud of my nation when Reagan challenged Gorbachev to "tear this wall down". And I volunteered for this nations military service when we were looking at missiles in Cuba. And was on base, in uniform, when we stopped those Soviet ships. As were many conservatives.

I am an American. All those that serve, that have worked for the betterment of this nation on the job, and have volunteered their time and fortune for their communities, are my brothers and sisters. We may have family fights, but they are my brothers and sisters, no matter what their complexion, religious belief, or lack thereof.

I am an American. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those four. You could write them on your thumbnail, or you could sweep them clear across a bright autumn sky. But remember too, that they are more than words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly; speak them proudly; speak them gratefully. I am an American. ... a tradition

My ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War. Some were here with the first Dutch colonists in New Amsterdam. My great Grandfather served with the 11th Illinois at Fort Donalson and Shilow. My father and uncles on both sides served from North Africa to the Coral Sea.

I am a liberal. I respect those of the conservative bent. I respect the Republicans of the Eisenhower variety. I do not respect Rushpublicans.

When I look at my family reunions now, I see every race of man. Like my nation. And I am proud of that. I am proud that my nation elected a man to the Presidency that speaks well, that is a Constitutional scholar, and would never state that the Constitution of this nation is a mere peice of paper.

I was proud of my nation when Reagan challenged Gorbachev to "tear this wall down". And I volunteered for this nations military service when we were looking at missiles in Cuba. And was on base, in uniform, when we stopped those Soviet ships. As were many conservatives.

I am an American. All those that serve, that have worked for the betterment of this nation on the job, and have volunteered their time and fortune for their communities, are my brothers and sisters. We may have family fights, but they are my brothers and sisters, no matter what their complexion, religious belief, or lack thereof.
Great. Good to hear. Nice post.

Still, BHO has known what the military needs in Afghanistan since Labor Day. And those in harms way die while he is still thinking and won't decide, maybe, until November 7th? Look at October, the deadliest month, ever for the USA since NATO started this operation.

It's hard finding Bin Laden after Republicans, for reasons known only to them, gave Bin Laden, a "seven year head start". What a "friendly" thing to do. Someone who believes in "conspiracies", might think Bin Laden and Republicans were "friends", good friends. Glad I don't believe in that nonsense. But some do. Just thought I would mention that.

I'm curious about this one. "Seven Year Head Start"?

We had boots on the ground in Afghanistan in October '01. Granted they were technically "civilian" Paramilitary teams, but their bullets were just as real. Regular military units started rolling in shortly after.

So are you using October '01 as your starting point for the "seven year lead"?

Or are we going back to '98 Embassy bombings? Or a bit further back to the '93 World Trade Center bombing?

The mistakes in the early stages of dealing with Bin Laden and Al Qaeda were probably the only thing in Washington that has even been truly bipartisan. The biggest screw ups in the entire process were ultimately caused by in-fighting in the FBI, CIA and NSA. This wasn't helped by several Executive Orders and regulations passed that basically tied the hands of the CIA and it's surrounding agencies.

If you want to truly see when the lanes "opened up" for the arrival of Al Qaeda as a true player in the terrorism arena, do some research about the regs passed in '95-96 and the "purges" in the CIA that accompanied them.

Then imagine fighting anyone with one hand tied behind your back, and knowing you can't throw a punch until you are hit, and you can't hit below the belt or fight "unfair".

Old Rocks, this type of fighting cannot be won with drones and just surgical limited missions. I am not trying to disregard your comments, but, merely add to them and broaden the reality of the situation.

Pakistan as Obama has rightfully stated for a long time now, has to step up to the plate and do their part. We all know that and now they are actually making some efforts and have made some small progress. However, this is exactly why right now it is more vital for us to be acting and for us to be proactive in our plans and actions, to not just help them, but, to show them and those living in the remote tribe regions that the resolve is solid and the commitment to finish is there. That is simply not taking place.

So why not look at this for what it is and not from one political side or the other? WE can rehash the past until we are blue in the face, clearly too many in Washington already do that, as Bush is still being used as the scapegoat. Our men and women on the ground don't need that type of BS, they need unwavering support and commitment from their CinC in the form of hard assets on the ground. That simply is not taking place.

Mike

Pakistan is the bigger issue. To be quite honest, if it weren't for Pakistan, and the fact they are a "nucleur" nation, we might all be surprised at how differently Afghanistan would have been handled.

Too many people are now lumping in the Taliban and Al Qaeda together. Not knowing the very odd history behind the relations of the two groups.

More than one Administration missed the chance to effectively split the two groups, and weaken both at the same time. The Taliban didn't give a shit about America, as long as we weren't in Afghanistan. If pressed at the right times with other options beside brute force threats, I truly believe (And quite a few current and former intelligence agency personnel very familar with the situation) that we could have helped the Taliban cut off relations with Al Qaeda. That was a mistake. And we are paying the price for that.

truly it's hard to even grasp what's really going on in Afghanistan, and what different strategies might actually help, until you look at the history of the country. At least from The turn of the century to present day.

Not to mention the long history and influence of the Pashtun culture in the isolated parts of Aghanistan, where many Taliban strongpoints and hideouts seemed to be concentrated.

I think it should be Foreign Policy 101 reading for the President, his Administration, and the Joint Chiefs and every General Officer in the Armed Forces.

Good luck with that one.

And how many will he let die in Afghanistan while he is getting jollies with his thumb up his ass? He is no CiC.

In the eight years of the war, October is the deadliest month on record and we still have four days left. Fuck Obama because of that.

when you escalate a war more people are lost, Afghanistan is no longer on the back burner now that Bush is out of office and now that our priorities are once again on Al quaeda and their protectors rather than on building the nation that we removed a secular dictator from we will sadly be seeing more casualties in Afghanistan.

Hopefully none of you bought into that "Afghanistan First" crap.... This administration doesn't support the troops, never did.. never supported either mission, be it Afghanistan or Iraq. It was all lies. Just like the no lobbyists, no perks, no earmarks, complete transparancy, 5 days to review bills, etc.

All lies.

Forum List

Back