So, the GOP wants a loyalty pledge. Really???

That "loyalty pledge" crap is a trick to get Trump over a barrel. If he agrees, they railroad him and he has no leverage to fight back. He's not gonna fall for that.

SNIP:

"But the close associate said Trump has decided to give the completed pledge to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus during a meeting at Trump Tower shortly after 1 p.m. today. Trump is scheduled to hold a news conference on an unspecified topic at 2 p.m."

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Trump will sign GOP loyalty pledge
Good. Then he won't have anyone to blame but himself when the GOP cuts him out of the election process....Because anyone who has applied any thought to the purpose of this pledge nonsense would understand that in a two-party system, where both parties dictate to the American people who can and who cannot run for office, that a person who embarrasses the party (in this case, the GOP) will find themselves suddenly fighting just to stay on the ticket, never-mind talking about the issues...

The GOP wants to return to democrat lite and play softball hoping that those who will never vote for them, will consider them at least likeable........and hey, at least they won't be making waves with the media.

In truth, the only way to have change in D.C. is to throw out every incumbent in office and replace them 'en-mass'...

Which means never since the Senate was crafty enough to make sure that they never have more than a 1/3 turnover of their majority at any given election.....

And there will not be any change in D.C. as to how things are run.

And if you think that electing a particular person as President will make a difference, then you're just as foolish as all the people who fell for Obama's "Hope and Change" bullshit.

I did not say that it would.
I am saying that if the Repubs don't wake up and change they are going bye bye.

That "loyalty pledge" crap is a trick to get Trump over a barrel. If he agrees, they railroad him and he has no leverage to fight back. He's not gonna fall for that.

SNIP:

"But the close associate said Trump has decided to give the completed pledge to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus during a meeting at Trump Tower shortly after 1 p.m. today. Trump is scheduled to hold a news conference on an unspecified topic at 2 p.m."

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Trump will sign GOP loyalty pledge

Well there goes a lot of his supporters.

I'm not even sure where to begin with this. The GOP and head stooge, Reince Priebus want to have Donald Trump sign a loyalty pledge. First of all, what would the GOP know about loyalty? Nothing! All they do is lie to their voting base, then stab them in the back after the election. The only loyalty I see with the GOP is to the Chamber of Commerce and other special interests they're in the tank for.

So, let's say Trump signs and follows through with this elementary school level stupidity. Let's say the establishment pulls enough strings to get some establishment RINO like Bush, Christi or Kasich the nomination - do they really think if Trump doesn't run 3rd party, this will help them defeat the Democratic candidate? No, it won't because too many 3rd party people like me, and conservative Republicans just won't vote for a RINO.

So in conclusion, if the establishment gets their RINO nominated, it won't matter if Trump goes 3rd party or not, the Democrat will win in a landslide.

Of course it does. It's a political party. Political parties exist for one purpose: to amass power collectively. As the Prime Directive, that will dominate everything it does including certainly any ideology that gets in the way.

--which is why your allusion to "RINOs" is puzzling, because that's blatant support for exactly that same institutional system. In order to believe in RINOs or DINOs, you have to believe that party comes before policy, and that elected legislators or leaders owe their allegiance to their party rather than their constituents. So you're in effect perpetuating the same system of institutional monopoly that you claim to abhor.

Can't have it both ways my friend.

YOu miss the fact that the times that the "RINOS" come to the fore, they are NOT motivated by the desires of their constituents and generally are SABOTAGING policies that are popular with those voters.

Technically you have a point, but only "semantically" speaking.

Conservatives tend to use the term RINO, when they really mean Conservative in Name Only, or CINO.

Not the way I hear it used, not at all.

Case in point -- Olympia Snowe. When that Senator announced she was declining to run for re-election due to the lockstep partisan bullshit, she was denounced on these pages with "good riddance RINO" -- simply because she'd established a reputation of considering issues on their merits rather than on lockstep party ideology. She was hugely popular with her constituents in Maine, so clearly she was serving THEM -- which is supposed to be the role of a Senator or Rep. --- not to represent a Washington political machine which is by definition out for its own self-perpetuation by way of Divide and Conquer.

We tread in dicey waters indeed when we start expecting elected officials to work for a self-interested institution instead of working for the People. It ain't the way we drew up that play in Spring Training.

That's why the -INO suffix is bullshit. It belies greed motives of simply acquiring power at the expense of the motives of actually doing the People's work.

Fuck that.

Epilogue -- Olympia Snowe's Senate seat went to a guy with no political party at all. And that's the way it should be. Can't be a RINO or a DINO when you're not polluted by either.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure where to begin with this. The GOP and head stooge, Reince Priebus want to have Donald Trump sign a loyalty pledge. First of all, what would the GOP know about loyalty? Nothing! All they do is lie to their voting base, then stab them in the back after the election. The only loyalty I see with the GOP is to the Chamber of Commerce and other special interests they're in the tank for.

So, let's say Trump signs and follows through with this elementary school level stupidity. Let's say the establishment pulls enough strings to get some establishment RINO like Bush, Christi or Kasich the nomination - do they really think if Trump doesn't run 3rd party, this will help them defeat the Democratic candidate? No, it won't because too many 3rd party people like me, and conservative Republicans just won't vote for a RINO.

So in conclusion, if the establishment gets their RINO nominated, it won't matter if Trump goes 3rd party or not, the Democrat will win in a landslide.

Of course it does. It's a political party. Political parties exist for one purpose: to amass power collectively. As the Prime Directive, that will dominate everything it does including certainly any ideology that gets in the way.

--which is why your allusion to "RINOs" is puzzling, because that's blatant support for exactly that same institutional system. In order to believe in RINOs or DINOs, you have to believe that party comes before policy, and that elected legislators or leaders owe their allegiance to their party rather than their constituents. So you're in effect perpetuating the same system of institutional monopoly that you claim to abhor.

Can't have it both ways my friend.

Yes and if the Republicans don't get that they will cease to be a party.
Conservatives will form their own party.

Yanno --- it's really not necessary to form a party at all to express yourself.

It's time. I'm now registering Independent. Both the Democrat and Republicans, can go to hell

That ^^ More like that. Preach sistuh preach!

Last edited:

No real American would sign a loyalty oath to anyone.

Those who are really loyal to someone or something don't need to sign a loyalty oath.

The demand for a loyalty oath means only one thing. Just another demonstration of the cowardliness infecting the party.

"We're shitting our pants over The Donald."

There's a presumption in that loyalty oath. A presumption The Donald won't be the nominee.

He probably won't be, but do you think the spineless lying hypocritical fucks who have destroyed the GOP brand would get down on their knees and fellate Trump if he is?

They probably would. Slurp, slurp, slurp.

The GOP deserves to have a third party spoiler.

"It's not so bad if you close your eyes."

I still don't believe Trump is in this for the long haul. I think he has other motivations. I do like what he has done as far as drawing attention to the cronyism and the weakness of the establishment candidates.

If it turns out he is serious I don't think his presidency will be a bad thing. I'm sure if he does come to an agreement with the republicrats he will hold them to it.

He just announced that he got a concession from the GOP......So now, he has officially said that he will support the Republicans no matter what.

Tha GOP has agreed to get off of his ass.

I still don't believe Trump is in this for the long haul. I think he has other motivations. I do like what he has done as far as drawing attention to the cronyism and the weakness of the establishment candidates.

If it turns out he is serious I don't think his presidency will be a bad thing. I'm sure if he does come to an agreement with the republicrats he will hold them to it.

He just announced that he got a concession from the GOP......So now, he has officially said that he will support the Republicans no matter what.

Tha GOP has agreed to get off of his ass.

No, he just answered a question from the audience - what did you get? - and he said nothing.

How many times does a scumbag lefty have to lie about this?

That's a great question. How many times will a scumbag lefty like Donald Trump lie about his supposed Presidential campaign, before he admits that he's trolling morons like you?

I don't know what the answer is, all I know is that I'll be putting my support behind a real Republican, with real credentials for the office.

Yup, he just PLEDGED to NOT go third party....NOW it seems, when HE wins the nomination, all the others will HAVE TO BACK HIM... Guess you didn't hear his NEWS conference at 2 PM today!

Say what? The Chamber of Commerce is a "special interest"? Why the hell would the left hate the Chamber of Commerce? The JC's are us. Government doesn't make a dime and never has.The Chamber of Commerce is what makes America freaking work. The fact that the left thinks it's fine for democrats to insult the Chamber of Commerce is an indication of how far off the charts the jackasses have gone.

Trump caved. He's just one more cookie cutter Republican.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::ahole-1:..... He had the RNC chairman COME to TRUMP TOWER (he DID NOT go to the RNC!) and signed the pledge making it so that when he becomes the CANDIDATE, everyone will now HAVE TO BACK HIM, or look like DemocRAT HYPOCRITES! WATCH how he works the press!....Donald...WHERE IS THE FUCKING TELEPROMPTER.... :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::321:

Actually he did.

It's not wise to make statements about a person you don't know.

Trump to sign GOP pledge, commit to back party nominee
Yep, he signed it but he's been on record many times as saying he would be loyal to the party as long as they treat him fairly. If they now turn and slander him, he likely won't feel obligated to honor the pledge. Plus, I haven't seen it so I don't know the exact wording.

Forum List

Back