so, the ghost is back...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
For those of you who don't know, I've had some very... unexplainable phenomenon happen at my apartment. It all started one night, I was at my house alone, and I went and got a drink of water from the kitchen. I looked up into the living room and saw someone standing in the middle of the room staring at me. It was only there for a second, then it was gone. Since then, at various times, I'll have all sorts of weird things going on. I'll hear loud crashes from the bedrooms when nobody's home. I very often have that feeling you get when you sense someone walking up behind you. I have since "seen" whatever it was that I saw the first time two more times. I really want to emphasize that I see these things just at random times, not when I'm thinking about it and I'd be more likely to think I saw something.

Anyway, it stopped for a while, but now it's back full-force, almost on a daily basis I'm having the feeling of some sort of... "presence", I guess. Thing is, I don't believe in ghosts at all. But I'm this close to becoming a believer.

Dan,
I have had almost the same thing happen to me, except I did try to move and
it followed me. It even followed my friend who lived with me at the time when
he moved, then it just came back to me. Anyway, it turns out my brother was
into all that magic crap and he had actually sent the thing to watch over me.
To bad he didn't know how to make it stop. It still follows me to this day.
You get used to it. Although it is still a little freaky to wake up and see it standing
over my bed!

Do you have children???
If so, do they see it?
Has anyone else ever seen it?

I found that the thing would choose who to "appear" in front of. My parents
could never see it, but my friend, my brother, and me could all see it.
I have a LONG history with the supernat. Many, many freaky things have
happened to me and my family, It aparrently runs in our blood.

One night I was sitting with my girlfriends dad when he was living in this old hotel. We were talking and having a couple beers, when all of a sudden the glass coffee pot in his drip coffee maker went flying from it's spot. The coffee maker was sitting on top of his refrigerator and had not been in use. These coffee makers are reccessed on the bottom where the pot sits on the heater. But yet this pot "flew" out of it and hit the wall some three feet away... "all by itself".
A few weeks earlier another old codger who lived in the hotel had died up there. He was a big drinker, and everybody called him Mink. We figured it was Mink's ghost that made the coffee pot fly.

Yeah there's ghosts alright. If you got one around you, I'd try and communicate with it, and find out WHY it's around you, or in your apartment.

Dan,

stop drinking!

Moi

P.S. Just kidding! As long as the ghost is friendly let it go about its business! It takes more than man (as in human) to make the world go round.

Moi said:
Dan,

stop drinking!

Moi

P.S. Just kidding! As long as the ghost is friendly let it go about its business! It takes more than man (as in human) to make the world go round.

Unless you have children...
That's a big risk to take!!!!

DKSuddeth said:
When you hear these loud crashes, do you find anything moved or broken?

No, the rooms are completely untouched. In a way, a lot of times, it sounds like banging from inside the walls almost.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Do you have children???
If so, do they see it?
Has anyone else ever seen it?

I found that the thing would choose who to "appear" in front of. My parents
could never see it, but my friend, my brother, and me could all see it.
I have a LONG history with the supernat. Many, many freaky things have
happened to me and my family, It aparrently runs in our blood.

I'm only 21, so no kids yet! I do have two roommates who have not seen or heard anything at all, and now that I think about it, this sort of stuff only occurs when I'm in the house alone. And, again, it's not a matter of me being scared to be alone and making stuff up in my mind.

Pale Rider said:
Yeah there's ghosts alright. If you got one around you, I'd try and communicate with it, and find out WHY it's around you, or in your apartment.

I have made half-assed attempts to try and communicate with it, but whenever I've tried I've been... Less-inhibited, we'll say? :beer:

Moi said:
Dan,

stop drinking!

D'oh!

Ah, you of all people should know how pessimistic I am about this sort of thing. And for the record, everytime I've had an experince of this sort, I've been completely sober. :tng:

Maybe you have a connection with the other side as I do.
Just remember no harm no foul.
You might go through this stage where you think you are going crazy.
Trust me it will pass and eventually you will learn to ignore it.
Need any more help PM me.

I lived in a upstairs apartment of an old home which was once a hospice of sorts for people dying of tuburculosis (SP??). The room which is now the kitchen was as a sun room (wall to wall windows), and there is also a screened in room off the back of the kitchen too. The rooms are as they were years before, only cupboards and appliances have been added. Anyway, we didn't see anything, but our animals acted very strange in this apartment (mainly the kitchen and living room which is right next to it).

At least once a day, for no apparent reason, my dog (who was very skiddish to being with) would wake up with a start, and run full speed into my bed room. He would sniff in the air, jump up on the couch and try to sit on my lap while looking at something that I couldn't see, and sit and stare off into space with his ears straight up. My cat was another story entirly. He would run from one end of the kitchen to the other, acting like he was chasing a peice of string, jump off the furniture as though he was trying to catch something, and stalk things I couldn't see. We found it funny for the most part, but a little creepy once a neighbor gave us a little history on the house. The tv would go off and on by itself, but other than that, I didn't see anything. We also moved downstairs and our animals returned to normal (well their version of normal).

If you get freaked out by it ask it to leave, most of the time they will if they are not there to attempt to harm.

Forum List

Back