So tell me

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Since we have so many people registered at the site. why dont more people talk?

I think most of them are more interested in irrelevant mumbo jumbo than actually posting a coherent idea or opinion.

Perhaps not everyone is naturally inclined to post. There are plenty of other boards that I read but never post to.

nbdysfu said:
Perhaps not everyone is naturally inclined to post. There are plenty of other boards that I read but never post to.

I dont think id ever do that. whats the point of going if you dont participate.

I am very new to the blogsphere, and before I registered and posted anything, I read y'alls posts for a couple weeks. I wanted an idea about what was actually being discussed on these sites. You have to admit many people on this board are extremely intelligent a fact which many will find intimidating. I'm still not comfortable posting all my thoughts/opinions yet. I like to think of this as my "probation period," learn from the experienced first, then let myself loose. One reason I am attracted to this particular site, is how you cannot get away with total BS, you WILL be called on it and presented with facts revealing the truth.
Just my take on why so few post that are registered users.

AequitasVeritas said:
I am very new to the blogsphere, and before I registered and posted anything, I read y'alls posts for a couple weeks. I wanted an idea about what was actually being discussed on these sites. You have to admit many people on this board are extremely intelligent a fact which many will find intimidating. I'm still not comfortable posting all my thoughts/opinions yet. I like to think of this as my "probation period," learn from the experienced first, then let myself loose. One reason I am attracted to this particular site, is how you cannot get away with total BS, you WILL be called on it and presented with facts revealing the truth.
Just my take on why so few post that are registered users.

I did the same as you. I also visit other boards and have rarely posted. Common sense tells me that you have to 'know a person' somewhat, in order to catch the nuance, whether it is humor, sarcasm, interest or whatever through just the written word.

I just saw a post to me, by someone who appears less than knowledgable, on more than one topic. This person knows nothing about me, or really this site, but thinks he's going to 'call me out.' Not going to happen, though before he goes any further, I would say that it would make sense for him/her/it to read the rules about flamming moderators.

AequitasVeritas, I've been reading your posts for a bit now, I truly doubt that you have anything to worry about. Wouldn't matter if you really are a closet liberal, just waiting to 'bust out.' Even the French guy will probably be around for awhile, he is polite, even if trolling.

I think a lot of people come and visit, like something, register. Some then post once, then leave. I don't know how many places I have visited, thought that I'd bookmarked, and then couldn't find again.

Kathianne said:
I just saw a post to me, by someone who appears less than knowledgable, on more than one topic. This person knows nothing about me, or really this site, but thinks he's going to 'call me out.' Not going to happen, though before he goes any further, I would say that it would make sense for him/her/it to read the rules about flamming moderators.
I think I replied for you.

AequitasVeritas said:
Lack of respect these days get under my skin :bat:

I get used to it. My guess is that he doesn't realize that I work online and also pretty much leave my computer on, whether or not I'm here. Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. :cool:

Forum List

Back